Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 08:15 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
HIS records are SEALED by HIM.
You were corrected twice on this now. The first time you get a pass for innocent ignorance. But when you then repeat it, it is officially a lie.

None of Obama's records have ever been "sealed."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 08:17 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
If you are going to quote me use the complete quote and do NOT alter it.

My post said, "Your constant referral of anyone who has responded to this posting that you don't agree with as as a birther only shows how ignorant you are."
Where did he alter anything?

Old 01-19-2012, 08:20 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
You are making a fool of yourself. You are making things up.I have NEVER said or insinuated that he wasn't qualified. In fact most of the responders on here have never made such a statement.
As far as making a fool of oneself, you already filled that position.
Your assertion is undercut by the post that I was responding to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
President Bush had his record as the Governer of Texas for the people to judge if he was QUALIFIED for office. All we had for Barry was his "Harvard education" and we want to see what that included. He sure didn't do anythig of value AFTER leaving school that qualifies him for the highest office in the country.
Kevin was CLEARLY questioning Obama's qualification.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:28 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Your constant referral of anyone who has responded to this posting that you don't agree with as as a birther only shows how ignorant you are.

HIS records are SEALED by HIM.
I know that is hard for someone of your inelligence to understand but, that IS THE FACT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
You were corrected twice on this now. The first time you get a pass for innocent ignorance. But when you then repeat it, it is officially a lie.

None of Obama's records have ever been "sealed."
it is not my fault you can't understand what "sealed" means. I have explained it more than twice.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-19-2012 at 09:34 AM..

Old 01-19-2012, 08:34 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
it is not my fault you can't understand what "sealed" means. I have explained it more than twice.

Are you calling me a.liar? It is YOUR ignorance that is on display.
It seems to be YOU that doesn't understand what "sealed" means.

And since it's been explained repeatedly to you that Obama hasn't "sealed" any of his records, that their privacy is maintained by other entitities like schools and government in accordance with policies and laws that apply to everyone, your continual assertion that Obama has taken some action to keep the records private is, indeed, a fallacy.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:34 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
When one uses the term "sealed," it is implied that one took some kind of official action to have a court (or other overseeing body) seal them, the way juvenile records are sealed.

But the way Quick Enough uses the term, since college records are personal, not public, records he considers Obama's records "sealed." That's horribly misleading. By any normal use of the word, Obama's records were not sealed -- he took no action to restrict public access.

By that weird definition, everyone who went to college has had their records sealed.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:40 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
When one uses the term "sealed," it is implied that one took some kind of official action to have a court (or other overseeing body) seal them, the way juvenile records are sealed.

But the way Quick Enough uses the term, since college records are personal, not public, records he considers Obama's records "sealed." That's horribly misleading. By any normal use of the word, Obama's records were not sealed -- he took no action to restrict public access.

By that weird definition, everyone who went to college has had their records sealed.
If records are NOT available and can ONLY be accessed by the owner or who he gives permission to, they are in essence sealed. Only the owner can remove that seal.

We can agree to disagree. I'm done.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:41 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Another attempt to confuse. HE has "sealed" them by not releasing them I know it hard for some to understand because of their blind faith for him but, facts are facts.

I recall all the hoopla about how bad a student W Bush was and how smart Kerry was. Then lo and behold the records show that Bush got better grades then Kerry. HMM! I wonder how the transcripts of THEIR records got exposed?

I also notice NONE has answered the question, why won't he release his records?
Sorry, words have meaning! Remember the flap when Obama made a snarky comment about "Special Olympics"? "Sealed" means something different than "protected by privacy laws".

I have no idea how Bush and Kerry's transcripts got exposed, but that is not the topic of this thread.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:53 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
If records are NOT available and can ONLY be accessed by the owner or who he gives permission to, they are in essence sealed. Only the owner can remove that seal.

We can agree to disagree. I'm done.
If the records' availability is restricted by law or by standing policy, the owner cannot remove that "seal", the owner has no power to undo the laws or policies. Not even the President of the United States.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:54 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
This is the first time I have heard a reporter ask this question and it's about cotton pickin time someone did. Ed Henry did and the response that Jay Carney gave was not even on topic and way out in left field. What part of the question did Carney NOT understand?

Watch Jay Carney

Ed Henry to White House: Why Not Release Obama's College Transcripts - 1/17/2012 - YouTube

Blast From The Past. Reporter at W.H. Press briefing asks Robert Gibbs why Obama is using a Connecticut Social Security Number (reserved for Connecticut applicants) when he never lived there or had a mailing address there. Watch Gibbs stutter and change the subject.

Robert Gibbs Is Asked About Obama's Connecticut Social Security Number.flv - YouTube
One Big As Mistake America
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies