Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which gender is more responsible for out of wedlock births?
Women because of they suffer larger consequences (pregnancy, raising the child) or because they control if pregnancy continues 56 25.45%
Men because they didn't marry the woman, or "got her pregnant" or "loved her and left her" 21 9.55%
Both 143 65.00%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 11:04 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
You have the right to run away from the responsibility, as many women often do, why not give this option to men as well? Or you don’t want to share that right to men?
Exactly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 11:43 AM

36,522 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
9 months vs 18 years of financial burden. Women can pick and chose. No options for the man at all.

In a country like the USA these men will get found and in one way or the other he will end up paying you or he will be thrown in the slammers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
So what do you think men would prefer? More legal options or the ability to get pregnant and give birth?
What they want is for women to have no choices. They cant stand the idea that women have control over this one thing and men are powerless.

They want it like it was when women had no birth control opitions and men werent held resposible for their bastard children.

The reason men are made to pay support for their out of wedlock children stems from days of old when bastard children were sent off to "baby farms" where they were abused and often died so mom could work. It became a disgrace to society so gov. stepped in and started support for these women and children. Then gov. got tired of footing the bill and decided to make the fathers take some responsibility for their "burden".
Now taxpayers still have to pick up the slack because so many men do opt out of their part of the responsibility of their "burden".

I dont believe just because one party has more options concerning reproduction that the other party should not be held responsible as well.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:46 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
How about all women get hysterectomies at birth and male hormone injections so that men don't have to complain about how things aren't equal! Then there will be no more pregnancies and this issue will be over. Of course, the human race would also die out - but the important thing is that the sexes would be truly equal.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:46 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What they want is for women to have no choices. They cant stand the idea that women have control over this one thing and men are powerless.

They want it like it was when women had no birth control opitions and men werent held resposible for their bastard children.

The reason men are made to pay support for their out of wedlock children stems from days of old when bastard children were sent off to "baby farms" where they were abused and often died so mom could work. It became a disgrace to society so gov. stepped in and started support for these women and children. Then gov. got tired of footing the bill and decided to make the fathers take some responsibility for their "burden".
Now taxpayers still have to pick up the slack because so many men do opt out of their part of the responsibility of their "burden".

I dont believe just because one party has more options concerning reproduction that the other party should not be held responsible as well.

Exactly.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:51 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,625 times
how about both because it takes two people to make a baby.. wtf is this thread

Old 01-24-2012, 11:54 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What they want is for women to have no choices. They cant stand the idea that women have control over this one thing and men are powerless
Imagine if men had the option to not hand a woman half of his assets, alimony, etc. after divorce. And use the same lines women use when it comes to giving no rights to men with it comes to being a father or not. “It is MY money. She could have opted to not marry in the first place” the same way women tell men that they can chose not to have sex if they will complain about being a father or not having the privilege to be one thanks to the mother making the decision to have an abortion. But no, women do have rights and marriage is a win/win situation for them. There's no other place where you (women) can get rewarded for failing other than marriage.

Why is there no equality when it comes to a man having the right to be a father or to opt out of the responsibility. Women have those rights but don’t want to share those rights with men. This is not about taking women's rights away, it's about equality. Having women continue to enjoy all their rights but to...share those rights with men.

Quote:
But women fought for “equality” and now men are forced to pay (believe me, they get found specially in countries like the USA) and/or thrown in the slammers. Was it really equality when men end up having no voice or opinion on this?

Quote:
If both were responsible for the pregnancy, why not have BOTH decide on the fate of the baby? At least flip a coin, sheeesh.

Women don’t want equality, only the things that benefit them.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Imagine if men had the option to not hand a woman half of his assets, alimony, etc. after divorce. And use the same lines women use when it comes to giving no rights to men with it comes to being a father or not. “It is MY money. She could have opted to not marry in the first place” the same way women tell men that they can chose not to have sex if they will complain about being a father or not having the privilege to be one thanks to the mother making the decision to have an abortion. But no, women do have rights and marriage is a win/win situation.

Why is there no equality when it comes to a man having the right to be a father or to opt out of the responsibility. Women have those rights but don’t want to share those rights with men.

But women fought for “equality” and now men are forced to pay (believe me, they get found specially in countries like the USA) and/or thrown in the slammers. Was it really equality when men end up having no voice or opinion on this?

If both were responsible for the pregnancy, why not have BOTH decide on the fate of the baby? At least flip a coin, sheeesh.

Women don’t want equality, only the things that benefit them.
because if it was left up to them -- half the born babies wouldn't exist, they would vote to kill them all. God forbid they actually take care of these kids! These women are so stupid! I don't know why they put themselves in position to sleep with and have kids with men. they don't even want the freaking kids or the woman. they just want to get laid and keep it movin.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
because if it was left up to them -- half the born babies wouldn't exist, they would vote to kill them all. God forbid they actually take care of these kids! These women are so stupid! I don't know why they put themselves in position to sleep with and have kids with men. they don't even want the freaking kids or the woman. they just want to get laid and keep it movin.
Yes, I would because I'm pro-abortion to the core.

Nevertheless, this isn't really about ethics. It's about a flaw in the legal system.
Sure, many other loopholes exist that put women at a disadvantage in other circumstances, but that's not a logical rebuttal to this argument. We either concede to the existence of this particular flaw or not.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Yes, I would because I'm pro-abortion to the core.

Nevertheless, this isn't really about ethics. It's about a flaw in the legal system.
Sure, many other loopholes exist that put women at a disadvantage in other circumstances, but that's not a logical rebuttal to this argument. We either concede to the existence of this particular flaw or not.
well if men should be in control if a woman gets an abortion, women should control when and if they get vasectomies. Neither side wants the other controlling their body.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
well if men should be in control if a woman gets an abortion, women should control when and if they get vasectomies. Neither side wants the other controlling their body.
I never said men should be in control of women getting abortions. I said men should be able to opt out of child support during pregnancies.

EDIT: I mistakenly implied it because I highlighted that particular comment, but that's not what I meant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies