Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2012, 11:39 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,149,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post

The point is that everything should be disclosed so ultimate comfort can be assured when a patient visits their doctor.
You are very one-sided in your thoughts. I think that you should have disclose your hatred and homophobia, thus avoiding the discomfort of your doctor. I mean really, how do you think they would feel with their thumb six-inches up your arse, knowing that you are such a pervert that you THINK they are ENJOYING it....

My doctor is a DOCTOR. He or she is not gay or strait, black or white, Christian, Jewish, Muslim or Atheist. All of that stuff is a non-issue.

Because it's a non-issue, there is no discomfort in not knowing.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:39 AM

16,671 posts, read 15,665,596 times
Quote:
Let's be serious and adults about this please. This is a rising concern in america.
I don't think this is a concern in America at all.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:42 AM

712 posts, read 1,366,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Miss the point??? Are you kidding? You want to TEACH us something? I don't think you have anything to teach that I want to learn. Why would I care about a doctor's orientation? I'm not going to the doctor's office to have sex. (I'm not taking any position about anyone who does; I'm just saying that I don't ...)

I have seen bathrooms at small convenience stores that have no gender signs. The plumbing works the same as if there were signs on the door.
For having the handle of "mensaguy" I would of expected an above average, intelligent response.

Just because you blindly walk into rooms, doesn't mean we do. Most people that are in public places read the door before they open it. But you took a quick example literally. WOW.

Do yourself a favor, re-read each comment here before you ASSUME that this is about homophobia or restroom choices.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:43 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Form your own opinion without attacking people. If you don't care about your doctor's gender, then more power to you. As for sexual orientation, some of us may want to be certain that the doctor won't flirt or try advances.
Why would you think a gay doctor is more likely to make advances just for being gay? For one, probably most of the patients they see are old wrinkly people. And they spent hundreds of thousands of dollars, and most of their life committed to that profession. You think they are going to throw that away just to flirt with a male patient? Not only that, but doctors have seen so many naked people it barely phases them. Seeing a naked guy in an exam room is not going to phase most doctors regardless of their orientation.

Quote:
All this topic is about is a fair question. Should they be allowed to practice while not disclosing their sexual orientation when confronted? Why should they hide? We live in america and there should be no such thing as homophobia. But the reality is that we should have a right to choose to the fullest extent.
America is one of the most homophobic nations on the planet, probably the most homophobic 1st world nation. Your posts only prove it's alive and well here.

Homophobia is a mental disease that needs to be eradicated from the population.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:43 AM

16,671 posts, read 15,665,596 times
Quote:
OK, but you need to realize that as a patient, we have a right to choose and get FULL DISCLOSURE.

Certain patients might not want a woman doing a prostate check, so why would they want a "male doctor" that pretends to be a female performing? Doesnt that defeat the purpose of choosing your doctors gender before-hand?

(those of you that are out to joke around, please refrain from offending us with your lame jokes)
I just checked my copy of the Constitution, but I did not find any mention of a right that involves a doctor's sexual orientation. (There may be another Amendment passed tomorrow that I haven't heard about yet.)

What makes you think that a "male doctor" pretends to be female? Cite some sources to back up such a ridiculous statement.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:46 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Dense.

You make dangerous assumptions. I am willing to help you.

Just do this for YOU and all of us here. When you read a post or the news or whatever, don't just quickly skim the headlines or titles.

Don't just tune into CNN or Fox News and form an opinion and start making accusations.

Form your own opinion without attacking people. If you don't care about your doctor's gender, then more power to you. As for sexual orientation, some of us may want to be certain that the doctor won't flirt or try advances.

Good doctors can be gay. So its fine to be a gay doctor.

All this topic is about is a fair question. Should they be allowed to practice while not disclosing their sexual orientation when confronted? Why should they hide? We live in america and there should be no such thing as homophobia. But the reality is that we should have a right to choose to the fullest extent.

If you buy a car, you want to know if it was used or if it has rust or was it submerged in liquid. If you go to the store to get coffee, you might want decaf or maybe you want the cheap supermarket brand. If you go online to buy a toy for your kid, you have a right to know if its made in china or some other 3rd world country with unfair labor laws.

It is called freedom of choice.
Looks like you just faced with the reality, that you must hate. So, why else would you prefer a female doctor and be interested in her sexual orientation? What exactly is the purpose of such visit of yours?

Old 01-20-2012, 11:50 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
Can you pray the gay away? – Dr. Drew - CNN.com Blogs

One of the nice things about going to a doctor is that one can choose which one to go to. For example, if you are a female, you might be more comfortable with a female doctor. Likewise for males.

But why should gay doctors be allowed to practice? Think about this, because in reality, a gay male doctor would be the equivalent of a female doctor.

This could make the visit very uncomfortable for male patients. Especially knowing that such a doctor would likely have 'strange fantasies", etc

Any thoughts?
I am a (straight) man and my primary care doctor is a woman. She is married and I don't think she has any "strange fantasies" about male patients. Many, many women have male doctors. Do you think male doctors have "strange fantasies" about their female patients as well?

I wouldn't care if I had a gay male doctor if he was the best doctor available. I care about the quality of care.

As far as personal experience with "men's issues", a gay male doctor would have that experience and a female doctor wouldn't. That's the only thing I think that could possibly be relevant (not that it's a big deal to me obviously since I have a female doctor).

This topic is absurd.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I just checked my copy of the Constitution, but I did not find any mention of a right that involves a doctor's sexual orientation. (There may be another Amendment passed tomorrow that I haven't heard about yet.)

What makes you think that a "male doctor" pretends to be female? Cite some sources to back up such a ridiculous statement.
I give up. Your name should be "DENSEGUY"

Old 01-20-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I am a (straight) man and my primary care doctor is a woman. She is married and I don't think she has any "strange fantasies" about male patients. Many, many women have male doctors. Do you think male doctors have "strange fantasies" about their female patients as well?

I wouldn't care if I had a gay male doctor if he was the best doctor available. I care about the quality of care.

As far as personal experience with "men's issues", a gay male doctor would have that experience and a female doctor wouldn't. That's the only thing I think that could possibly be relevant (not that it's a big deal to me obviously since I have a female doctor).

This topic is absurd.
Once again, another title skimmer makes a tough call.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:56 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,752 times
Your doctor's sex life is absolutely NONE of your business. Who in their right mind would ask their doctor who he has sex with? If you are so uncomfortable with the prospect of having a gay doctor, then just stay home and continue to be sick. Problem solved.

I don't know what country the OP is from, but in America we have what is called a right to privacy. No, a doctor should never have to disclose his/her sexual orientation to any patient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies