Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 01:20 AM

4,932 posts, read 12,744,446 times

Advertisements

And founding fathers I'm sure knew about gay marriage and left out it out on purpose and not just for the sake of religion but because of other problems. Homosexuality will start feminizing the USA and make us look weak to other nations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 01:35 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,499,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
Gay marriage would create more problems down the road. Screwed up kids. Decline in population. People wanting to marry animals and pets.

What next? The government taking over the business world? Allow immigration of any kind so terrorists have a free ticket here?
I don't think you can talk about marriage when you're so clearly divorced from reality.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:39 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,979,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
I don't think you can talk about marriage when you're so clearly divorced from reality.
Aside from being a clever pun - what does your post even mean? How is the poster divorced from reality?

Old 04-18-2012, 01:42 AM

475 posts, read 507,174 times
Quote:
Gay marriage would create more problems down the road. Screwed up kids. Decline in population. People wanting to marry animals and pets.

What next? The government taking over the business world? Allow immigration of any kind so terrorists have a free ticket here?
Are you serious ? get out of the hole you are living in honey.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:35 AM

30,286 posts, read 51,876,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Aside from being a clever pun - what does your post even mean? How is the poster divorced from reality?
Maybe the fact that he thinks our Founding Fathers knew gay marriage would be a future debate... and then purposefully left it out of our laws. Do you actually think that's a plausible scenario? If so, I'm LOL at you too.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:37 AM

16,662 posts, read 15,620,679 times
Quote:

Children living with two parents are better off that children living with only one, even if those two parents are the same sex.

If there were to be a decline in population, just how would that be a bad thing? (BTW, gays and lesbians make up somewhere between 2 and 8 percent of the population and some of them have children.)

If somebody wants to marry their dog, they would first have to see to it that the dog was capable of entering into a contract and could sign his name.

Your second paragraph is completely irrelevant to a discussion of marriage.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:55 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,292,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Marriage between a man and a woman is not a tradition - it is the building block of healthy communities, cities, states, and countries.

Just because humans don't behave, does not change what marriage is and how important it is to society.
There is NOTHING about two gay or lesbian people getting married that stops a heterosexual man and a heterosexual woman from getting married if that is what they want to do.

The premise that same sex marriage somehow endangers heterosexual couples from getting married is the height lunacy, ignorance fear and bigotry.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:25 AM

25,865 posts, read 22,022,458 times
I think they should go with the civil unions for all couples and marriages for those that marry within the laws of God as an addition to the civil union. That would end the problem of trying to "bless" a relationship based on never-ending sinful behavior which is what I think many find so offensive. There is no reason that same-sex couples should not have the same benefits and this would allow same-sex couples that are not homosexual to make a contract together for financial advantages, insurance, etc. It would be more of an arrangement and not the government making a decision or pronouncing any relationship as "normal" or not. I also feel that prostitution should be legalized across the US. I feel that both prostitution and homosexual acts (sodomy) are against the laws of God but that church and state should be separate. So, civil unions for all. Marriage in the church but still required to have the civil union contract for legal purposes. I know that some churches will bless a union built on a sinful premise but that is their problem to answer for in the end. And sodomy, despite who performs, is sexual sin as is prostitution. I do think the homosexual agenda hopes that using the term "marriage" will some how make their relationship normal and moral - good luck with that!

Old 04-18-2012, 11:29 AM

45,473 posts, read 27,081,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
There is NOTHING about two gay or lesbian people getting married that stops a heterosexual man and a heterosexual woman from getting married if that is what they want to do.

The premise that same sex marriage somehow endangers heterosexual couples from getting married is the height lunacy, ignorance fear and bigotry.
Why did you quote from my post? I said nothing direct about stopping homosexual marriage.

I spelled out the importance of hetero-marriages.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:08 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,546,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Ah, tradition. What a useless concept.
Yeah. *Protecting society… completely useless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies