Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 01:54 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,546,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post

Once again you are going to extremes and a state would have to acknowledge the marriage as valid not conduct their own same sex marriages. Comity is about reciprocity.
and did I say any differently

if let's say only Hawaii allows a child to "marry" it's mother
what I said was this if a baby and their mother got married in a Hawaii and now moved to Utah now according to jjrose Utah would have to allow except that "marriage" as valid no matter what objections they may have with it.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Either that or you just completely fail at making any sort of sane argument or debate.

"OH HAI, I DON'T LIKE SOMETHING, THEREFORE I'M GOING TO CREATE COMPLETELY ABSURD SCENARIOS TO PROVE MY POINT".

Pathetic.

Case in point, you don't know anything about the history of homosexuality throughout the hundreds of civilizations of the past or even the present. You merely create a fantasy world where everyone doesn't like something you don't like.

Anything heterosexual marriage can be, the same can apply to homosexual marriages.
Anything homosexual marriages can't be, the same can apply to heterosexual marriages.

Naming off absurd scenarios of infants incapable of even saying, "Why dear sir, I would like a bottle of milk" and giving them the ability to sign contracts such as marriage or a mortgage does nothing but provide comedic relief.
what are you talking about it's clearly documented that there was more homosexual relations going on in the Roman Empire then in Christan Europe.

how many things have you ever read in the original that were written over 1,000 years ago?

Old 04-23-2012, 01:58 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,134,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
and did I say any differently

if let's say only Hawaii allows a child to "marry" it's mother
what I said was this if a baby and their mother got married in a Hawaii and now moved to Utah now according to jjrose Utah would have to allow except that "marriage" as valid no matter what objections they may have with it.
If by some stretch of the imagination, Hawaii were to allow a mother to marry her infant child (which, by the by, is still an extremely stupid debate), then yes. Utah would, by law, be required to recognize the marriage as valid.

It's called the Full Faith and Credit Clause.

Quote:
what are you talking about it's clearly documented that there was more homosexual relations going on in the Roman Empire then in Christan Europe.

how many things have you ever read in the original that were written over 1,000 years ago?
Which has nothing to do with modern day homosexuality and the right to marriage between consenting adults.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:59 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,136,310 times
Quote:
no we have more gay because confused kids are buying into the propaganda that they are gay.

the more that gays married and the more of the future generation will be gay.
which is the true reasons you low lives want it.

I could explain how but I don't want to better give you info how to propagandize our children.
Preposterous. You can not make someone gay. If you honestly thought that, then you yourself must be capable of finding the same sex sexually attractive enough to be gay.

Maybe more of the future generation will be comfortable with their own orientation because we have helped pave the way for their rights to be upheld.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
About siblings marrying one another? Yes. Did you see my response. If they are allowed to sign a legally binding contract then yes they should be able to get married as long as they are of sound body and mind.

You 1 day old child argument is ridiculous because the age of "adulthood" is based on thousands of years of humanity showing that people of a certain age are more prone to make stupid decisions hence the need for parental consent if under 18 and wanting to get married.

When babies start getting delivered with the ability to prove that they are of sound mind and judgement to sign documents of a legally ninding nature then let them do it.
my point about that was addressed only to one person not for sociological reasons but for legal ones.

does any one here understand the difference between legal and sociological.

sociologically though there has been children who have been married at an age they couldn't make any decision.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:04 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,218,843 times
Quote:
Ancient Greece is not a 100 years ago.
and besides there was no homosexual marriage there there just rampant homosexuality.

so I see you don't know math or history.
You're right it wasn't 100 years ago, but even still there was gay marriage back then. Funny how you like to call the kettle black, yet you yourself don't know jack! I'll let you do the research on that.

Ancient Greece called.

You're welcome.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:05 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,136,310 times
Quote:
how's it slavery?
keep in mind a parent can make a child do many things against it's will while still being the guardian of them making all legal decisions.
Definition of SLAVERY

: drudgery, toil

: submission to a dominating influence

a : the state of a person who is a chattel of another b : the practice of slaveholding

M.W. dictionary.

yep, marriage without consent applies.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:06 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,218,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And China, and Africa, and Italy...

You should try reading John Boswell’s Christianity, Social Tolerance, and Homosexuality. He clearly documents same sex marriage ceremonies from several religions dating back to the 4th century. Including a ceremony used by the Catholic church, one from the Greek prayer books, and a ceremony from Japan.

He has found records of same sex unions in such diverse archives as those in the Vatican, in St. Petersburg, in Paris, Istanbul, and in Sinai, covering a period from the 8th to 18th centuries.
*At St. John Lateran in Rome in 1578, 13 couples were married by the local clergy, taking communion together, using the same nuptial Scripture as all other marriages.
*Archeologists have found tomb paintings in Egypt depicting same sex unions that are identical to opposite sex union ceremonies.
*Plato described the union of Agathon and Pausanias, [Symposium 193C]. And Aristotle described the union of Philolaus and Diocles [Politics bk.2. 1274A].
*Emperor Nero was married to two different men at different times.
*Li Yu a Chinese writer described marital unions between 2 men in his book the Qing qi ji. The scholar Shen Defu, also wrote about the details of same sex unions.
There are also references in Chinese literature to "Golden Orchid Associations" - lesbian marriages, which seem to have been not uncommon in the Guangzhou area.
*Edward Westermarck noted that in Bali it was quite open and the basir of the Dyaks were noted as men who made their living by witchcraft and who were often "formally married to other men."
*Among native American groups there is ample evidence of cultural acceptance of sexual diversity; but the recurrent pattern centered on gender inversion rather than sexual orientation: in other words there were men who lived their lives as women. The usual term for these men is the French word berdache. They not only lived as women, but also could marry other men.

Who would have thought?
This. Re-quoting for NY JEW.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
And when people used to say the World was round... they got laughed at too.......... your point is??.... besides the fact that YOU feel that single sex mariage shouldn't happen you have nothing..... well it isn't your choice and none of your business really.
here are some facts
1. many people realized the world was circular way before 1492
2. my point was historically children were married off.
3. historically many things that were once exceptionable by majority of society later became unexceptionable and still later exceptionable again.

in regards to the legal aspect a child entering a contract as a minor my point is that is based on state law not federal and if one state decided to allow children to get married every state would according to the person I First posed this question to would require every single state to except that marriage if they are in that state.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
No. EXPRESSION and ACCEPTANCE of homosexuality varies across cultures.

That someone has to HIDE it, or DENY it, it doesn't mean it DOESN'T EXIST. In Iran, where homosexuality officially "does not exist," they often make gay men and women undergo SEX CHANGES so they can technically be considered GAY!!

If you believe absurdities, you will commit atrocities!

Perhaps you should spend some time with the following documentaries:

Hulu - Trembling Before G-D - Watch the full movie now.

Eyes Wide Open reveals the homophobia of Orthodox Judaism | Film | guardian.co.uk
homosexual feelings are not innate while some people might be a bit more pre disposed to it than others the most pre disposed person can still chose not to be it. Which is why there is such a big propaganda to force it on kids so the ones who have more a a pre disposition will not chose to ignore it.

I've watched the first propaganda piece and just for the record one of those lesbian women is now married with a family once she realized that it's not innate and was moral reprehensible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies