U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2012, 12:48 PM

4,999 posts, read 3,885,312 times

Advertisements

"After days of watching his once-substantial lead in the Palmetto State slowly evaporate, Mitt Romney this morning opened a new front in his battle against Newt Gingrich; calling for the former speaker to release records of his dealings with failed mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac as Republican voters here headed for the polls."

First Read - Romney sharpens attack on Gingrich as South Carolina Polls Open

Seriously, there must be some slimy stuff it Mittens tax history. Why else would he try this little shake down of Newt instead of releasing his own records. Doesn't Mittens realize that everybody expects Newt to be slimy? I thought conservatives were all about transparency? There two likely nominees aren't showing any of it. Pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 01:03 PM

36,936 posts, read 16,117,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
"After days of watching his once-substantial lead in the Palmetto State slowly evaporate, Mitt Romney this morning opened a new front in his battle against Newt Gingrich; calling for the former speaker to release records of his dealings with failed mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac as Republican voters here headed for the polls."

First Read - Romney sharpens attack on Gingrich as South Carolina Polls Open

Seriously, there must be some slimy stuff it Mittens tax history. Why else would he try this little shake down of Newt instead of releasing his own records. Doesn't Mittens realize that everybody expects Newt to be slimy? I thought conservatives were all about transparency? There two likely nominees aren't showing any of it. Pathetic.
Your title is a bit off. it claims 'Romney WON"T release his records.

That is not true.

He said in the debate the other night he WILL release his records around April.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Your title is a bit off. it claims 'Romney WON"T release his records.

That is not true.

He said in the debate the other night he WILL release his records around April.
He actually said "MAYBE" in the debate...The fact is he WONT until after he wins the nomination. What is he hiding? Why is he now asking Newt to release records? There's slime written all over this Willard guy.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:47 PM

50,698 posts, read 26,743,691 times
I'm still trying to figure what all of this Tea Party nonsense was all about just last year.

After all that gum-bumping they did about small government, less taxes, transparency, etc., they're about to nominate one of THESE TWO bozo's?

Old 01-21-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm still trying to figure what all of this Tea Party nonsense was all about just last year.

After all that gum-bumping they did about small government, less taxes, transparency, etc., they're about to nominate one of THESE TWO bozo's?
It was all about hatred for Obama. It obviously has nothing to do with Obama's policy decisions because Willard and Newt have shared many of the same ideas...It must be another reason they hate Obama.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:42 PM

29,988 posts, read 37,229,000 times
Thumbs down Misleading thread title and unfactual posts

Quote:
He actually said "MAYBE" in the debate...The fact is he WONT until after he wins the nomination. What is he hiding? Why is he now asking Newt to release records? There's slime written all over this Willard guy.
Again you are incorrect and possibly intentionally misleading. Tax records of candidates are usually released around April. Mitt has repeatedly stated this is when he will release his. The GOP National Convention where the delegates choose the nominee is the week of August 27th.

I'll type very slowly: April is before August; therefore, Mitt has planned to release his tax records approx. least 120 days (1/4 year) prior to the GOP nominee being picked.

Ron Paul 2012! The only candidate who cannot be bought.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:52 PM

232 posts, read 122,064 times
Let them tear each other apart while Ron Paul sits back and enjoys the lead eventually...voters are only going to deal with this kind of stupidity and nit picking for so long before they finally realize neither of them is ready to be president.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:03 PM

29,988 posts, read 37,229,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissent View Post
Let them tear each other apart while Ron Paul sits back and enjoys the lead eventually...voters are only going to deal with this kind of stupidity and nit picking for so long before they finally realize neither of them is ready to be president.
Obamabots stirring the pot with misleading threads and unfactual posts need to be called out. Make no mistake, it is the DNC and/or Obama campaign which was behind Cain's drop out and now attempted to do same with Gingrich.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
No, actually he said he would. He also said he isn't sure how many years he will release.

I don't think you watched the last the debate held in Myrtle Beach.

Romney: I'll release my tax returns in April - YouTube

Most running for the presidency release their tax returns around March/April.

I believe Obama released his in March.

Why should he be held to a different standard?

Old 01-21-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

"I'm still trying to figure what all of this Tea Party nonsense was all about just last year."

Maybe it was over your head.

"When you keep your cool when everyone else looses theirs, maybe you haven't grasped the situation", someone said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies