Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 07:17 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
""" A flat tire is inconvenient, having a baby is life changing and nobody is going to live that womans life but her"""

EXACTLY!

Wouldn't it be nice if the lunatic Anti-Choice "Women Need to Be Controlled Like Animals" crowd would realize that ?

Wouldn't it be nice if they took care of their own failed tiny little lives and minded their own business?

They have proven in abortion thread after abortion thread they are ONLY interested in punishing women...how do people get so petty, so nasty, so vindictive... so small...
Nobody is going to die that fetuses death but him/her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 07:17 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I could get out the photos again but I know they wouldn't affect you...
Here is a link to first trimester abortion procedures. None of them involve puncturing a fetal skull (if you could find one) http://www.prochoice.org/pubs_resear..._trimester.pdf

But, hey - don't let FACTS get in the way of your BELIEFS.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Here is a link to first trimester abortion procedures. None of them involve puncturing a fetal skull (if you could find one) http://www.prochoice.org/pubs_resear..._trimester.pdf

But, hey - don't let FACTS get in the way of your BELIEFS.
I guess I'm a bit of a relativist. If the termination is done when the embryo really is 'just a clump of cells', maybe you have more of a case, but there are many abortions done to clearly humanoid beings today.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
That fetus has no cognizance - none! It does not experience death.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
I guess I'm a bit of a relativist. If the termination is done when the embryo really is 'just a clump of cells', maybe you have more of a case, but there are many abortions done to clearly humanoid beings today.

Almost 90% of all abortions take place in the first trimester, using one of the procedures listed in my previous post. There are NOT many abortions done to "clearly humanoid beings today." Get your FACTS in order before asserting absolutes.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
That fetus has no cognizance - none! It does not experience death.
We can't prove how aware they are.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
We can't prove how aware they are.
Yes, we can. There are many scholarly, scientific articles discussing the point at which fetuses become sentient. Here's one in language that most of us can understand:
Quote:
Consciousness requires a sophisticated network of highly interconnected components, nerve cells. Its physical substrate, the thalamo-cortical complex that provides consciousness with its highly elaborate content, begins to be in place between the 24th and 28th week of gestation. Roughly two months later synchrony of the electroencephalographic (EEG) rhythm across both cortical hemispheres signals the onset of global neuronal integration. Thus, many of the circuit elements necessary for consciousness are in place by the third trimester. When Does Consciousness Arise in Human Babies?: Scientific American
A first (or second) trimester fetus does not have the necessary neural networks for sentience (consciousness), which must be in place before cognizance can take place.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Yes, we can. There are many scholarly, scientific articles discussing the point at which fetuses become sentient. Here's one in language that most of us can understand: A first (or second) trimester fetus does not have the necessary neural networks for sentience (consciousness), which must be in place before cognizance can take place.
Maybe that's true, I don't know. I'm tired of arguing, tired of caring. The world is an ugly place.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:25 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Ya, so?

That doesn't change my post you quoted...

"""Wouldn't it be nice if the lunatic Anti-Choice "Women Need to Be Controlled Like Animals" crowd would realize that ?

Wouldn't it be nice if they took care of their own failed tiny little lives and minded their own business?

They have proven in abortion thread after abortion thread they are ONLY interested in punishing women...how do people get so petty, so nasty, so vindictive... so small...""""

Old 07-15-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Maybe that's true, I don't know. I'm tired of arguing, tired of caring. The world is an ugly place.
Yeah, that happens when you can't support your arguments with anything but beliefs.

The world is what it is - a work in progress....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies