Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 12:01 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,902,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
This is what Ron Paul is saying on FB:
More info - there was an "anomaly" in Rand's initial body scan, so my son requested to be scanned a second time. TSA demanded a full body pat down and Rand refused.
Should have gotten a full body cavity search at that point, any bunch that wants to pull all our troops out over every country in the world must be a sleeper terrorist agent, right
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 12:07 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,002,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Should have gotten a full body cavity search at that point, any bunch that wants to pull all our troops out over every country in the world must be a sleeper terrorist agent, right
A baseless search certainly does have enough in common with closing down
military bases that no longer have any basis for defense

Americans loosing dignity and privacy - a terrorist has already won.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:16 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,902,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
A baseless search certainly does have enough in common with closing down
military bases that no longer have any basis for defense

Americans loosing dignity and privacy - a terrorist has already won.
I was kidding, get a grip.

I have not lost anything, and if your dignity is that fragile and your privacy is so important to you then drive to your destination, hire your own plane, take a bus, take a train, or walk for all I care, the rest of the airline travellers want some reassurance that someone is not getting on a plane that should not be, play games with your own life, the lives of others are not yours to play with. If Rand is going to fly on a commercial airliner like the rest of us then he his is subject to the same rules, if he does not like that, too freaking bad, find another way to get there.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:00 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,002,733 times
Quote:
I was kidding, get a grip.

I have not lost anything, and if your dignity is that fragile and your privacy is so important to you then drive to your destination, hire your own plane, take a bus, take a train, or walk for all I care, the rest of the airline travellers want some reassurance that someone is not getting on a plane that should not be, play games with your own life, the lives of others are not yours to play with. If Rand is going to fly on a commercial airliner like the rest of us then he his is subject to the same rules, if he does not like that, too freaking bad, find another way to get there.
Grip this

If you're concerned about terrorists so much, why not have TSA for all buses, trains, subways and have car check points....Why allow any luggage of any kind on a plane. Why not have the military stationed at every airport and on the planes. You really think a terroristic attack is isolated to an airplane?

There is nothing wrong with common sense security measures, but
Rand's incident is a perfect example of lunacy. Other TSA horror
stories, show how something that is touted for "common good" has
become abusive, lacking discretion, and does nothing but try to
whittle away at citizens' rights.

And yet, the underwear bomber gets on a plane without a passport
and being on a "do not fly" list, warnings of an imminent attack by Al Qaeda goes ignored before 9/11 by our intelligence, and there were no locks on commercial airline cockpit doors or federal marshals on planes, even with a long history of airline hijackers.

Quit pretending these attacks are deterred/prevented by frisking Grandma
and a curly haired son of a libertarian

Old 01-24-2012, 01:11 PM

740 posts, read 1,970,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Oh so he's just whinning for nothing. Got it.
Wow, you are stubborn. It is obvious you didn't watch/read any of the posted links. He went through the scanner, it went off. He refused the patdown by showing them his leg, which was the area in question. He offered to step through the scanner a second time.

After about 1.5 hours of bs, and after missing his flight, they finally got permission to let him pass through a second time. No alarm went off, and he went on a second flight.

So obviously TSA is wrong, and Rand Paul was correct. The scanner either has serious, albeit important issues or they do random searches. It has been stated that random searches don't happen, but the fact that he passed through the scanner the second time without it going off says otherwise.

Last edited by Alaskan_Adventurer; 01-24-2012 at 01:26 PM..

Old 01-24-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
That's not going to be as damaging of property and life as a commercial plane.

It's pretty simple if you know about homeland security. The homeland security community doesn't pretend to think that it can stop EVERYTHING. The idea is to stop obvious threats and provent what can be prevented.

It's always funny when people start throwing out "If-I-Were-A-Terrorist-I'd-Do-This ...." Well, the homeland security community does sit around and think about what people WOULD do and COULD do. They then take whatever realistic and feasible matters possible to do the best to prevent these threats.

A lot of you guys talk about how the "terrorists won," blah, blah and because "we all live in fear." No ... if we were truly living in a police state that was monitoring and acting on the justified paranoia, then we WOULD be checking every plane that goes in the air.

You should probably start thinking about who is really the brain dead one and be more open-minded in this discussion.
Thank you for groping our country!

Old 01-24-2012, 01:15 PM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
What, you are stubborn. It is obvious you didn't watch/read any of the posted links. He went through the scanner, it went off. He refused the patdown by showing them his leg, which was the area in question. He offered to step through the scanner a second time.

After about 1.5 hours of bs, and after missing his flight, they finally got permission to let him pass through a second time. No alarm went off, and he went on a second flight.

So obviously TSA is wrong, and Rand Paul was correct. The scanner either has serious, albeit important issues or they do random searches. It has been stated that random searches don't happen, but the fact that he passed through the scanner the second time without it going off says otherwise.
Sorry, but ever consider that the scanners might have a few % chance of giving a false positive?

Old 01-24-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Sorry, but ever consider that the scanners might have a few % chance of giving a false positive?
Okay, and wouldn't it make sense to let him step through the scanner a second time, just in case?

Old 01-24-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Let me guess, you are about 12 years old, that seems a bit generous but hey I will give ya the benefit of the doubt.
11, k thx

Old 01-24-2012, 01:37 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,856,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill80 View Post
I'm confused - at what point was he detained exactly? Perhaps there is more to the story than what I'm reading. My understanding is he went through the scanner, an alarm was sounded, he refused a pat down, and was refused access to the secure area and didn't get to fly. Was there some point he was not free to leave the situation? Was he told he had to stay and be patted down before he could leave the area? I understand his goal was to get to his flight, but being refused access to a secure area because you refuse to cooperate with their security measures does NOT equal detainment.
I suggest you go back to my post where there is a link with Wolf Blitzer interviewing Rand Paul. Sen. Paul describes exactly what happened. He was detained by law enforcement for 1.5 hours before he was allowed to pass through a scanner a 2nd time, sans pat down, and take another flight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXBg1...layer_embedded
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies