Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2012, 02:59 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,580,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm actually an independent and voted for Obama in 2008. The GOP is not perfect but I think their ideology comes closest to the core values and factors that made this country great. Hard work, ingenuity and the ability to rise in society based on an individual's ability. For some reasons the Dems come across as being apologists for our success and represent ideals that to me don't make sense. For example this latest empasis on income equality. What's their goal in regards to this issue? To make sure everyone has the same income? How does this help society and make America competitive on a global scale?
I'd say the goal re income inequality is to make sure we don't have a Third World economy like Brazil's.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:03 PM

2,118 posts, read 4,159,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
No. What a dumb question.

Also, NC is very anti-union. You'd likely get a much different response from unionized HC workers in other parts of the US.

That said, the OP's thread-starting post sounds like one of those "I have a black/gay/other minority coworker/friend who says..." stories. I take these stories with a VERY large dose of salt.
Why? Medical professionals in general are less racist than the average profession. Lots of round table discussions when there is "down" time. Anyone working in the medical profession can agree that these conversations frequently occur especially with all the healthcare issues being discussed.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:09 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,782,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
I agree it is rediculous but NEVER have I heard what you claim!

You must not keep up much with Newt Gingrich and those who agree with his views

Newt

A black republican who agrees with Newt and says blacks should be forced to work on a plantation

Old 01-23-2012, 03:10 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,179,281 times
I think you have it reversed. Older, angry, mean and selfish white guys are becoming the face of the Republican party, leaving everyone else.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
You must not keep up much with Newt Gingrich and those who agree with his views

Newt

A black republican who agrees with Newt and says blacks should be forced to work on a plantation
Both are trying to make a valid point about a good work ethic however totally went about it wrong. Guess Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson can give them a talking to

Old 01-23-2012, 03:28 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,970,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Apparently Herman Cain didn't get the memo. He is a republican.
You have to be kidding, too bad you aren't.

So how did that work for ole Herm?

I'm always amused how Republicans try to point out the handful of Republicans elected officials, by the way, Herman has never been elected to anything while on the other hand African Americans can point to thousands of African American Democrats who have achieved elected office.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:31 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,970,250 times
[quote=AeroGuyDC;22674523]What exactly did you build? The most corrupt and inefficient political governance, organizations, cities, and towns this nation has ever had?[quote]

Oh spare me the idiotically simplistic arguments.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
You have to be kidding, too bad you aren't.

So how did that work for ole Herm?

I'm always amused how Republicans try to point out the handful of Republicans elected officials, by the way, Herman has never been elected to anything while on the other hand African Americans can point to thousands of African American Democrats who have achieved elected office.
No but he might have been elected had the left not taken him out early. I liked him. We need someone to lead who has strong business/economic skills. However I am still listening and learning about each candidate before deciding who I want to vote for.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:40 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,382,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Only to racists. The average education of Democrats is much higher than the average for Republicans.
Prove it.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:06 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,382,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Even MORE left-wingers do not think very highly of blacks. They just cover it up better under the guise of political correctness. They've stifled freedom of speech and truthful debate to the level that for fear of being called racist, we can't even DISCUSS the fact that way too many blacks are trapped in poverty and entitlement programs due to misdirected policies by the left-wingers: I've taught in some high schools where black students struggle to write about career choices because no one in their neighborhood has ever held a job---they are 3rd and 4th generation welfare kids due to those liberal policies.

How many nearly-poor blacks went totally bankrupt and lost homes to foreclosure do to the Dems attempt to let even totally unqualified borrowers (which were mostly minorities) take out a loan to just profit the greedy corrupt bankers they were politically beholden to. Barney Frank is on record as saying that it is "racist" to ask someone how much money they make.
And Dem Chris Dodd made out big time $$$ as a "Friend of Anthony" member who encouraged those corrupted loans that preyed on minorities with Countrywide that wiped out many blacks financially.

And the best MSNBC can come up with for a black commentator is Al Sharpton????
Sorry, but none of the above sounds like Dems with "high regard" for blacks.
Already repped you once today, so let me just say thanks for this post! Outstanding!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies