Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 05:57 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
There are actually wackos out there who believe the country is on the right track with Obama in office. You expect logical and honest answers here?

HA! This should get good.
Says the person from Texas who likely voted for Perry.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:57 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
O'Neill, fired in a shakeup of Bush's economic team in December 2002, raised objections to a new round of tax cuts and said the president balked at his more aggressive plan to combat corporate crime after a string of accounting scandals because of opposition from "the corporate crowd," a key constituency.
O'Neill said he tried to warn Vice President Dick Cheney that growing budget deficits-expected to top $500 billion this fiscal year alone-posed a threat to the economy. Cheney cut him off. "You know, Paul, Reagan proved deficits don't matter," he said, according to excerpts. Cheney continued: "We won the midterms (congressional elections). This is our due."

Dick Cheney on Budget & Economy

Old 01-23-2012, 06:05 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I think the answer has to be a resounding no. Our problems are systemic, way beyond what one prez can fix.
That is absolutely right, and the only thing Americans have to look forward to are a boat-load of problems.

They all don't understand that "normal" in economic terms would be 5% unemployment AND a minimum labor participation rate of 66.4%.

Even when their own government says, "Sucks for you dude" they ignore it.

You people want to do something fun? Look at your paycheck, take your gross earnings and subtract all of the deductions except FICA/Medicare.

Then deduct 16.4% FICA and 3.7% Medicare from your gross and see how much money you have left and figure out how that will impact your life-style.

Beyond systemic....

Mircea

Old 01-23-2012, 06:14 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,228,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Wow. Obama actually shot and killed him!
Likewise, Obama didn't personally lay off workers, foreclose on anyone's mortgage, raise the price of your groceries or gas, accompany illegal immigrants across the border, kill an American citizen in Yemen with his own personal Predator drone, lead flash mob attacks in our cities, or any number of things that people have no problem blaming him for. Works both ways.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:16 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Whenever a Democrat has been president in my lifetime, somehow it always feels like a distraction or aberration of some kind. That's been the case with Carter, Clinton and Obama. Somehow, those presidencies didn't feel "normal" or "right".

Do you think that when a Republican gets elected, then America will once again return to its core values?
That's funny, because whenever we have a Republican in the White House, America ends up some waging unnecessary (vendetta) wars against random brown people in far away lands over "American interests" aka oil.

Not to mention that the Republicans give their blessings to corporations to outsource American jobs to India, China, Bangladesh and Abu Dhabi while worshipping at the altar of the Almighty Short Term Profits. And let's not forget the Republicans love of deregulation aka the Patron Saints of pesticide water, contaminated soil and two-headed toads...as long as its not in their neighborhood.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:22 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
That's funny, because whenever we have a Republican in the White House, America ends up some waging unnecessary (vendetta) wars against random brown people in far away lands over "American interests" aka oil.

Not to mention that the Republicans give their blessings to corporations to outsource American jobs to India, China, Bangladesh and Abu Dhabi while worshipping at the altar of the Almighty Short Term Profits. And let's not forget the Republicans love of deregulation aka the Patron Saints of pesticide water, contaminated soil and two-headed toads...as long as its not in their neighborhood.

LMMFAO- absolutely pricless!!!!!

Does Libya ring a bell?

Outsourcing? What caused that? Could it possibly insanely inflated union wages?

You just don't like the GOP candidates because they're white. Admit it.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:26 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
To me it’s the other way around. When a Republican is in the White House it feels like America didn’t put its best foot forward. And we’re easy outclassed by other nations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Whenever a Democrat has been president in my lifetime, somehow it always feels like a distraction or aberration of some kind. That's been the case with Carter, Clinton and Obama. Somehow, those presidencies didn't feel "normal" or "right".

Do you think that when a Republican gets elected, then America will once again return to its core values?

Old 01-23-2012, 06:27 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Hardly. Look at energy, Enron, tax breaks for the wealthy, patriot act, etc.
Actually, it was tax breaks for everyone who paid taxes (and even some who didn't). It wasn't just for the "wealthy."

Old 01-23-2012, 06:34 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
LMMFAO- absolutely pricless!!!!!

Does Libya ring a bell?

Outsourcing? What caused that? Could it possibly insanely inflated union wages?

You just don't like the GOP candidates because they're white. Admit it.
Seriously?

If President Obama was 100% Caucasian and the GOP candidates were 100% sub-Saharan African....I still would not like the Republican ideology. I particularly do not care for the "Do as I say, not as I do" attitude that the GOP follows regarding "family values"...their hypocrisy smells worse than the huge pile of elephant poo that they leave the country in each time they leave office.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:52 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Seriously?

If President Obama was 100% Caucasian and the GOP candidates were 100% sub-Saharan African....I still would not like the Republican ideology. I particularly do not care for the "Do as I say, not as I do" attitude that the GOP follows regarding "family values"...their hypocrisy smells worse than the huge pile of elephant poo that they leave the country in each time they leave office.

Even more priceless still. It just keeps getting better with you. "Do as I say, not as I do"? Which president stated that he wanted to tax executives for using jets shortly before his wife took a seperate jet to the same destination as he was travelling to in order to avoid waiting for four hours? Family values? Which candidate for VPOTUS cheated on his wife who was dying of cancer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies