U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Unread 01-23-2012, 02:43 PM
 
8,950 posts, read 6,456,619 times
Reputation: 5201
Default Do you feel America will get back to normal with a Republican president back in the White House?

Whenever a Democrat has been president in my lifetime, somehow it always feels like a distraction or aberration of some kind. That's been the case with Carter, Clinton and Obama. Somehow, those presidencies didn't feel "normal" or "right".

Do you think that when a Republican gets elected, then America will once again return to its core values?

 
Unread 01-23-2012, 02:44 PM
 
Location: San Diego, CA
9,510 posts, read 2,895,484 times
Reputation: 3666
What's "normal"?
 
Unread 01-23-2012, 02:46 PM
 
Location: Palm Springs, CA
24,819 posts, read 13,476,371 times
Reputation: 6201
Uh.... Ever consider that what feels "right" is dependent upon your political leanings?

And do you really believe that America was "normal" during the eight years of Bush as President?
 
Unread 01-23-2012, 02:46 PM
 
1,490 posts, read 933,698 times
Reputation: 876
After the years 2000-2008 No. Now with the last three years I am like the poster above...what the hell is normal these days.
 
Unread 01-23-2012, 02:47 PM
 
Location: San Diego, CA
9,510 posts, read 2,895,484 times
Reputation: 3666
America is now heavily addicted to govt largesse, condescension, "help", and bribes.

Simply withdrawing those things, will result in massive withdrawl symptoms, protests (egged along by a uniformly hostile media), screaming, and even chaos.

The Democrat party will do everything in their power to make sure the country does NOT return to "normal" for a very long time, if ever.
 
Unread 01-23-2012, 02:47 PM
 
Location: United State of Texas
1,713 posts, read 1,880,215 times
Reputation: 1984
There are actually wackos out there who believe the country is on the right track with Obama in office. You expect logical and honest answers here?

HA! This should get good.
 
Unread 01-23-2012, 02:48 PM
 
8,950 posts, read 6,456,619 times
Reputation: 5201
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And do you really believe that America was "normal" during the eight years of Bush as President?
Bush's big flaw was the Iraq war. If that unfortunate mistake hadn't happened, then he would have been quite a normal president.
 
Unread 01-23-2012, 02:49 PM
 
3,459 posts, read 1,246,061 times
Reputation: 1479
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Whenever a Democrat has been president in my lifetime, somehow it always feels like a distraction or aberration of some kind. That's been the case with Carter, Clinton and Obama. Somehow, those presidencies didn't feel "normal" or "right".

Do you think that when a Republican gets elected, then America will once again return to its core values?
if by "core values" you mean a state run for corporations, by corporations, then yes.

of course, i wouldn't want to diminish all the work the Democrats have done in hollowing out America in favor of multinationals, but they just can't compete with the GOP's organization and propaganda.
 
Unread 01-23-2012, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Palm Springs, CA
24,819 posts, read 13,476,371 times
Reputation: 6201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
America is now heavily addicted to govt largesse, condescension, "help", and bribes.

Simply withdrawing those things, will result in massive withdrawl symptoms, protests (egged along by a uniformly hostile media), screaming, and even chaos.

The Democrat party will do everything in their power to make sure the country does NOT return to "normal" for a very long time, if ever.
Oh yeah, because Republicans were so fiscally responsible during the Bush years.
 
Unread 01-23-2012, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
5,989 posts, read 2,485,025 times
Reputation: 5724
I think the anxiety level in the private sector, where jobs are created, will lessen significantly. There's about a trillion dollars on the sidelines waiting to be put to good commercial use, but too many would-be investors don't know what the next dollar they're gonna earn will cost 'em. Also, any Republican -even Romney- will sandbag Obamacare. That alone will improve prospects for an economic recovery. That said, the Left-wing in this country will be in a state of buttlock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top