Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2012, 09:44 PM

57 posts, read 31,205 times

Advertisements

Im curious to see what feedback is posted. What makes you vote for which party? Why do you believe in that party's policies? Have you ever been happy with a president of another party than your own?

I'll start.
I am an independent. I supported Obama for his first two years. I see our country heading towards policies of taxing the rich and working class to help the lazy people sit longer on their asses. Although I am no fan of Romney and Gingrich, I dont think Obama can do much more. I don't believe in Obama's shrinking of our military, thus, again I will support the repubs this year. I think Obama had some great ideas but the timing was off, with the economy in shambles, the health care crap needs to sit on the shelf until we get our jobs back.

Just a bit of why I won't vote dem. this year. Hope to hear your feedback about yourselves...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 11:05 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
I too am independent. I see the Repubs at the root of our economic woes and have no trust they will have some revelation making them good at something they have done so poorly at.

Obama has continued the Patriot Act, and added NDAA to it .... hideous choices.
He did not end the war as quickly as I would have liked but he did achieve some key victories in the Alqueada targets. he has done more for gay rights and normalizing the policies and treatment of those with a different orientation.

I see politicians on both sides lining their pockets and using their positions to become multi millionaires.

I see Ron Paul as great towards restoring the Constitution and eliminating the Federal Reserve. He sees Income tax as unconstitutional. He really will eliminate spending in amounts never seen before. **** He is anti gay and anti abortion and has the agenda to eliminate Roe v Wade by turning it into a states rights issue. the reduction in government spending is simply not something the economy can take. His actions would take our economy into the toilet in the short run.... 3 years.... unemployment will go double digit. and there will be no stimulus programs for anything.

Romney is so far removed fromt he Common American his actions will not carry any understanding of what is needed. he is a businessman, but not capable of running a 5 trillion dollar Company.

Newt - is a Dbag, he has NO morals, and would sell his mother to make a million. It is just a position for him to gain influence and make millions more.

Where are the Ralph Naders? those that understand the problems and how to fix them, while maintaining liberties?

The only repub worth anything is Paul but they won't elect him. They will likely choose Newt and loose in a landslide.

the Tea Party is worthless... Herman Cain... he cared more about being an Author and selling books.

The repub Women... are so out there they will never make it.

The Libertarians are such Isolationists. the candidate says he will get the US out of the UN and kick them out of NY.... wow ! what a nut bag.

I'm left with little to choose from the repubs will destroy the economy and profit from it. The dems apparently will continue the destruction of the Constitution the Repubs started... Don't try to tell me one is for it and the other is against it... neither have a good record of late.
Obama has actually accomplished a lot even though I might not like everything. I do like the Affordable Health Care Act and think we as a nation need it. but need to get the insurance co's out of it... they will always be the problem.

So I have RP and Obama.... of which we will only see one on the ballot. Wish Nader was still available.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:07 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,565 times
Indy here. Im a RP supporter but realy dont see him even being in the race much past super tuesday. I can handle Romney if I had to better then the rest , but I dont see him being much different then bushama.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:24 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,266 times
The be-all and end-all for me is economic freedom, the wellspring of our prosperity for two centuries. Implicit in this is individual rewards for individual achievement.

Ideologically, the republicans come closer to protecting and preserving the pillars of our freedom and prosperity. Idealogically, the democrats do a better job of promoting equal access to opportunity: more supportive of education, more attention to the safety nets that a civil society requires.

In practice, the republicans brought us the overreaches of the Patriot Act and the TSA and Medicare Part D; the democrats coddle the teachers unions who fight needed reforms.

The Republican Party is the second-worst political party in the country, so I generally vote Republican.

When President Clinton declared "The era of big government is over," and began to work with the Republican Congress after 1996 to do big things, he had my respect as a policymaker and a politician.

When George W. Bush wasted money we do not have on Medicare Part D, he totally disgusted me.

Analyzing this philosophy in terms of today's situation, Obama's focus on Washington as the solution to everything is totally unacceptable. A Mitch Daniels or Chris Christie would be far better; Gingrich is a nutball; Romney would be a run-of-the-mill, acceptable CEO for the country. Santorum or Paul, no thanks. It would be great if the leading Republican candidates would show more tolerance for freedom in other than economic contexts--we really have more important things to attend to than who marries whom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies