Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 04:15 PM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
lol @ Mitch Daniels complaining about debt. This guy has no shame.

He was director of Office of Management and Budget under Bush and an early architect of our current debt crisis. The hypocrisy of fiscal conservative Republicans rears it heads it again.

The Fiscally Reckless Mitch Daniels | Consortiumnews
All I see is a hit piece from a person who who suffers from BDS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 04:22 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Yeah, Daniels gave a laughable speech.

Look, it' difficult to do the reply to the SotU speech, regardless of who is the current president. The simple fact is, the president gets the full Capitol Hill joint session, a crowd of lawmakers to clap for him, and so so on. The response is usually just some person in a room, talking to a camera for a few minutes. Frankly, I'm not even sure why anyone would try it. I didn't like GWB at all, but even then I thought the responses to his SotU addresses were pathetic.

But Daniels blathering about unemployment and debt, despite his record? Please.
Honestly, I think SOTU responses are pointless. Just let the President (of whatever party) have his time to lay out his agenda, and if the American people like it, fine, if not, then also fine. We rarely get to hear from our president without some other guy from the opposition or media chiming in with their interpretation. Sheesh.

Yet still I watch them. I'm hopelessly addicted to politics.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:40 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Problem is, obama has no agenda and refuses to tackle the big issues - SS, Medicare, Welfare.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:44 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Please. Anyone who follows politics understand that Gov. Daniels isn't an honest person.
Maybe dishonest by Chicago standards, but fine otherwise.

BTW, to correct another of your mis-statements:

I follow politics and do not understand Gov. Daniels to be dishonest. He just says what you don't like to hear.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:59 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
State of the Union 2012 - Hopin' Mic Night - Republican Response - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 01/25/12 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Old 01-28-2012, 06:40 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, the citizens of the state of Indiana disagree with you. In fact, he just might be the VP candidate, which would be fantastic.

He has an enviable record in IN....and he's also a union buster.

I'd say HIS speech reflects the values and priorities of Americans much more than the one he was responding to.
I loved his speech! But Indiana is not in play, it is solid red, so it will be probably be Rubio.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:14 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,246 times
Quote:
Problem is, obama has no agenda and refuses to tackle the big issues - SS, Medicare, Welfare.
Ahhh, sorry that's laughable. Healthcare reform much? 5 other Presidents had tried. Gays in the military? Drone policy? The Great Recession?

I mean, I get it, your emotions tell you that everything Democrat is bad, but if you're going to whine about the guy, can you at least do it in a way that makes some iota of sense? I mean at least make me think more than a tiny bit before i verbally destroy your argument in its entirety.

Somehow I doubt that you were whining when Bush tried and failed to tackle SS when the House and Senate Republicans weren't willing to do anything to reform that program.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:55 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I loved his speech! But Indiana is not in play, it is solid red, so it will be probably be Rubio.
Went Blue last time. You mean obama has already conceded IN?

Old 01-29-2012, 02:31 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
Quote:
Went Blue last time. You mean obama has already conceded IN?
Indiana Presidential Election Voting History
No, but I would say it will go republican like it has in the past except when Obama squeaked a win in 2008. Plus it has only 6 electoral votes, Florida has 29.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:11 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Somehow I doubt that you were whining when Bush tried and failed to tackle SS when the House and Senate Republicans weren't willing to do anything to reform that program.
Are you whining about how Senate democrats did not support the Obama jobs plan? Or how Obama has failed, as instructed to do by law, pass a federal budget, to name a few?

Or is it just that you think anything Bush did was bad and Obama can do nothing but good?

Very liberal of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies