U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 06:46 PM

9,397 posts, read 13,662,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Sounds like we have a McVeigh fan.
Considering the man fits the definition of "domestic terrorist" by the FBI to a T:

Quote:
Domestic terrorism is the unlawful use, or threatened use, of force or violence by a group or individual based and operating entirely within the United States or Puerto Rico without foreign direction committed against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof in furtherance of political or social objectives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 07:52 PM

11,535 posts, read 8,768,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
How can you compare that ?

We caught the terrorists in another country and brought them here.
Not even a close comparison.

McVeigh was an radical extremist, not a terrorist.
Blowing up a building and targeting and killing hundreds of innocent people doesn't make one a terrorist?

WTF????

Old 02-07-2012, 07:58 PM

24,889 posts, read 21,019,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Blowing up a building and targeting and killing hundreds of innocent people doesn't make one a terrorist?

WTF????
Innocent until proven guilty.

Used to mean something in our country.

For those who profess to love the founding fathers so damned much, conservatives and Republicans don't seem to care so much when they don't like it.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:59 PM

58 posts, read 110,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Well, thankfully the Taliban is not the model for the American Justice System. Frankly, however, it's fairly disturbing that many people like you seem to be arguing that it should be.
I'm not saying that. I'm saying that the Taliban will not show mercy on you so why show mercy on terrorists? Have you ever seen Saving Private Ryan? Remember when the guy they free in the middle of the movie comes back at the end and kills the soldier with his knife?

And no, I don't trust the American judicial system. We send innocent people to jail every day, and release people that should be locked away forever like rapists and child molesters. That's bad enough but should we start freeing terrorists so they can come back later and fly airplanes into our buildings? I say no

Old 02-07-2012, 09:15 PM

2,652 posts, read 7,790,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
It applies to citizens of the United States
Endowed by creator? There was no U.S when the Declaration was written/read.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:16 PM

50,166 posts, read 26,566,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTNAM View Post
Yeah um it doesn't guarantee those American rights to non Americans...... ??? If it did there would be no need for immigration laws???
Yea, the Constitution kinda does apply to non-Americans if they're in our care.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:23 PM

50,166 posts, read 26,566,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
So, who then is a terrorists? Without a fair trial who makes that distinction? Is a terrorist anyone you decide is one?

And for all of you armchair attorneys out there that make this site so.. interesting. Non-citizens have the same right to due process and civil justice as citizens. The problem has been the government redefining civil criminal acts as matters for military justice.
That's a great question. What DOES constitute a terrorist? That term has been tossed around so much that it's meaningless at this point.

Folks seem to forget that the constitution applies to persons, not citizens.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:18 PM

11,456 posts, read 12,706,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTNAM View Post
Why do we insist on fair trials for people that want us dead?
Because we are the USA and we have higher standards than thugs and scumbag terrorists driven by nutty arsed religious zealotry that's why.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:40 PM

2,703 posts, read 2,340,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsnapses! View Post
I'm not saying that. I'm saying that the Taliban will not show mercy on you so why show mercy on terrorists?
Well then, yes, that is what you're saying.

If we start acting like a bunch of savages then we're no better than they are.
I'm surprised at how many of you are apparently comfortable with that.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:24 PM

58 posts, read 110,950 times
I'm not suggesting we have public beheadings. I'm simply stating that if we free terrorists who are suspected of plotting attacks on the United States because of your humanitarian bull**** belief, more Americans will die. Who do you care more about? Americans or the Land of the ****ed Towel Head?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies