U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-25-2012, 10:56 AM
 
Location: Meggett, SC
10,644 posts, read 9,006,628 times
Reputation: 5917

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Not sure if you haven't heard what Obama is saying or you choose to not listen to what Obama is saying or you can't understand what Obama is saying but..... listen up.....................
President Obama is and has been saying for a loong time now that the tax code in the USA is unfairly slanted towards the rich and huge corporations. He has always said that the lower earners such as yourself should not be taxed at a higher rate than the top earners. He also wants to get rid of the tax loopholes that allow companies to get tax relief when they ship their companies abroad and he wants the top earners to pay what the rest of the country pays in tax. EVERYTIME that Obama has tried to get rid of the Bush tax cuts and perks for the wealthy, the Republicans block him and have nearly brought America to bankruptcy because they are fighting tooth and nail to keep tax low for te wealthy. S&P Downgraded America because of the "circus" caused by the Republicans in Congress regarding the debt ceiling etc..... the Congressmen didn't care if America fell over the cliff as they would still get their huge salaries and tax benefits.
President Obam is fighting for people who, just like you, feel that the current tax system is unfair to hard working American's.
You could, of course, believe the Republican lies that Obama has put America into a worse position than it was when he took office but the facts are that Obama has steadily been adding jobs, Jobless numbers are now consistantly going down, house prices are now improving, our troops are out of Iraq and getting out of Afghanistan, Bin Laden and other top terrorists have been neutralised, Obama has a good jobs bill to put Americans back to work rebuilding America's infrastructure ( not just a oil dependent pipeline that will increase our dependency on oil and only create minimum jobs and make oil giants richer), Many now have health care options even with preconditions that they never had before and sons and daughter can now get health care from their parents health sheme when they need it te most... at college and starting out in a cereer, Our ties with Israel are stronger than ever, Europe is flatlining but America is achieving growth etc etc etc.
Your tax problem is NOT because of Obama but because of disgusting party politics that puts getting into the Whitehouse before the welfare of America.
If you want to be treated fairly in the USA and get the same tax equality then you should not listen to political posturing but actually see who is for you or against you..... not just believe election soundbites.
Well that was a long tirade that had absolutely nothing to do with the OP's issue. His issue is the withholding rate not his tax rate. His payroll either needs to change his withholding via a W4 or he gets a refund at the end of the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-25-2012, 11:03 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
12,482 posts, read 8,807,657 times
Reputation: 2527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post
Mitt Romney and Warren Buffet are paying like 15% in taxes, yet being a hard-working sales rep in a competitive cut-throat industry I finally have a big sales month where I was "paid" $15,000 in commissions. Yet, when I get my paycheck on Friday it says $8200. Thanks Obama for letting me keep 53% of my hard earned income.

Because I'm commissioned, companies in my industry only pay us like $35,000 for a base salary/draw and I rely on commission as a big part of my income. After a year of hard work and making very little commission (new to the company, tough economy) this is the first real big paycheck I've been able to make in the first full year.....and Obama took half of it.

United States of America = Fail
How much was taken for federal taxes?
How much for state taxes?
Social security
Any retirement plan?
SS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2012, 11:04 AM
 
32,099 posts, read 16,499,288 times
Reputation: 17204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post
Then why doesn't he force a tax bill through with this executive powers? He did that for the NDAA....why can't he do it for taxes?
WTF are you talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2012, 11:11 AM
 
Location: London UK & Florida USA
7,922 posts, read 7,822,082 times
Reputation: 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Well that was a long tirade that had absolutely nothing to do with the OP's issue. His issue is the withholding rate not his tax rate. His payroll either needs to change his withholding via a W4 or he gets a refund at the end of the year.
This so called "tirade" was to put any doubt aside about what Obama is doing for the Country and who is rsponsible for todays absurd tax code. as the poster feels that his current tax problems are due to Obama and America is failing because of Obama.
The poster when he filled in his W4 decided his own withholding rate.... not Obama. The IRS then collects it........... Not Obama. At the end of the financial year he will be refunded any money paid over his tax rate.
To blame Obama is not correct, in fact the poster had more to do with how much tax was deducted than anyone else and if he had decided on a too high rate it is his own decission..... not Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2012, 11:15 AM
 
Location: Meggett, SC
10,644 posts, read 9,006,628 times
Reputation: 5917
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
This so called "tirade" was to put any doubt aside about what Obama is doing for the Country and who is rsponsible for todays absurd tax code. as the poster feels that his current tax problems are due to Obama and America is failing because of Obama.
The poster when he filled in his W4 decided his own withholding rate.... not Obama. The IRS then collects it........... Not Obama. At the end of the financial year he will be refunded any money paid over his tax rate.
To blame Obama is not correct, in fact the poster had more to do with how much tax was deducted than anyone else and if he had decided on a too high rate it is his own decission..... not Obama.
No, everyone on here, both left and right, agreed this wasn't an Obama issue; it was a withholding issue. The tax code had NO bearing on the OP's issue. He obviously didn't understand that and that's why your bit going on and on about how this isn't Obama's tax code (by the way, he did extend the tax cuts so you're wrong there too) wasn't relevant to the issue at hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2012, 11:31 AM
 
5,028 posts, read 2,201,800 times
Reputation: 3905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post
Obama and the rest of the leaders in Federal Government.



No, but they're an example of wealthy Americans that pay a lower percent in taxes than I do. Reading comprehension is not just reading the words, but putting them together and understanding their meaning.
get back to us after you file taxes next year.the government does not keep all of that i'm sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2012, 11:35 AM
 
5,028 posts, read 2,201,800 times
Reputation: 3905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post
It's not the government's money to take. I don't care if they pay it back an entire YEAR later. That's a year of interest free loan the government is taking from me. I need that money now to live. What right does the government have to take my income regardless of whether it's a salary or commission. If anything, I worker harder to earn the commission than the salary.
ask your employer to raise your salary,and lower your comission.......change your nuber of dependents on your filing status........be proactive. Talk to your union rep.......oh thats right.no union in your field........so sorry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2012, 11:53 AM
 
Location: London UK & Florida USA
7,922 posts, read 7,822,082 times
Reputation: 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
No, everyone on here, both left and right, agreed this wasn't an Obama issue; it was a withholding issue. The tax code had NO bearing on the OP's issue. He obviously didn't understand that and that's why your bit going on and on about how this isn't Obama's tax code (by the way, he did extend the tax cuts so you're wrong there too) wasn't relevant to the issue at hand.
Obama extended the tax cuts only because if he hadn't then the lower earners would have had a tax increase when the Bush tax cuts expired as the Republican Congress refused to even consider a tax increase for the top earners while keeping the tax cuts for the middle class.
Everyone agrees that the present tax situation in America is ludicrous but getting this resolved would mean compromise and bi partisan thought and that will never do if the GOP is to get back into office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2012, 11:55 AM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
31,777 posts, read 24,830,503 times
Reputation: 12162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post
Then why doesn't he force a tax bill through with this executive powers? He did that for the NDAA....why can't he do it for taxes?
Why must you lie? Or, is that something your "credible" source told you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2012, 11:58 AM
 
Location: Rational World Park
4,999 posts, read 3,873,755 times
Reputation: 2372
Misplaced anger, what a shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top