U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-25-2012, 07:30 AM
 
674 posts, read 1,017,813 times
Reputation: 562

Advertisements

Mitt Romney and Warren Buffet are paying like 15% in taxes, yet being a hard-working sales rep in a competitive cut-throat industry I finally have a big sales month where I was "paid" $15,000 in commissions. Yet, when I get my paycheck on Friday it says $8200. Thanks Obama for letting me keep 53% of my hard earned income.

Because I'm commissioned, companies in my industry only pay us like $35,000 for a base salary/draw and I rely on commission as a big part of my income. After a year of hard work and making very little commission (new to the company, tough economy) this is the first real big paycheck I've been able to make in the first full year.....and Obama took half of it.

United States of America = Fail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-25-2012, 07:32 AM
 
Location: The middle of nowhere Arkansas
3,326 posts, read 2,716,096 times
Reputation: 1010
Is your complaint with romney and buffet or with mr obama?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2012, 07:33 AM
 
Location: Austin
29,546 posts, read 16,475,253 times
Reputation: 8087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Is your complaint with romney and buffet or with mr obama?
Romney and Buffet don't make the rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2012, 07:35 AM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
7,090 posts, read 10,757,552 times
Reputation: 4108
Wow, Obama is at fault for every tax rate and law in the history of the US?

That is amazing, I wish I could run everything throughout time...even before I was born.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2012, 07:35 AM
 
674 posts, read 1,017,813 times
Reputation: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Is your complaint with romney and buffet or with mr obama?
Obama and the rest of the leaders in Federal Government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Romney and Buffet don't make the rules.
No, but they're an example of wealthy Americans that pay a lower percent in taxes than I do. Reading comprehension is not just reading the words, but putting them together and understanding their meaning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2012, 07:36 AM
 
674 posts, read 1,017,813 times
Reputation: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Wow, Obama is at fault for every tax rate and law in the history of the US?

That is amazing, I wish I could run everything throughout time...even before I was born.
The great thing about the internet is you can pull up many clips of Obama saying he will tax the rich higher than the middle and lower class. Obviously he can be blamed for lying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2012, 07:37 AM
 
9,738 posts, read 8,057,515 times
Reputation: 6343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post
Mitt Romney and Warren Buffet are paying like 15% in taxes, yet being a hard-working sales rep in a competitive cut-throat industry I finally have a big sales month where I was "paid" $15,000 in commissions. Yet, when I get my paycheck on Friday it says $8200. Thanks Obama for letting me keep 53% of my hard earned income.

Because I'm commissioned, companies in my industry only pay us like $35,000 for a base salary/draw and I rely on commission as a big part of my income. After a year of hard work and making very little commission (new to the company, tough economy) this is the first real big paycheck I've been able to make in the first full year.....and Obama took half of it.

United States of America = Fail

Commissions are taxed at the HIGHEST RATE. You will get a refund when you file at the end of the year and your actual rate is determined. This is to ensure you pay enough throughout the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2012, 07:37 AM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,478,021 times
Reputation: 9363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Is your complaint with romney and buffet or with mr obama?
Romney nor Buffet are to blame because government overspends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2012, 07:39 AM
 
Location: Silver Springs, FL
23,440 posts, read 31,715,256 times
Reputation: 15560
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Commissions are taxed at the HIGHEST RATE. You will get a refund when you file at the end of the year and your actual rate is determined. This is to ensure you pay enough throughout the year.
One would think the OP would already know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2012, 07:40 AM
 
674 posts, read 1,017,813 times
Reputation: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Commissions are taxed at the HIGHEST RATE. You will get a refund when you file at the end of the year and your actual rate is determined. This is to ensure you pay enough throughout the year.
It's not the government's money to take. I don't care if they pay it back an entire YEAR later. That's a year of interest free loan the government is taking from me. I need that money now to live. What right does the government have to take my income regardless of whether it's a salary or commission. If anything, I worker harder to earn the commission than the salary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top