U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 12:31 PM

4,126 posts, read 4,453,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
How about the wild belief that Dan Rather was lying about what he had said regarding bush's military record and the affect that his lack of training had on thousands of people?

Well, you just keep on beating that dead horse. I'm sure with persistence, it'll get up and run.

Out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 12:39 PM

13,300 posts, read 10,466,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do you mean that my honorable discharge means nothing since one can get them changed? What was your first discharge paper like?
It does but all but dishonorable discharges can be upgraded to honorable and even some dishonorables under certain conditions. I have 5 discharge papers all honorable for each 4 years that I have served. One key into the service of someone is to look at the discharge code that is normally at the bottom of the page. Another is to look at the rank that the person had at time of discharge. A officer that has spent more than 3 years in the military should leave at least as a Captain. Since the first three ranks are pretty much automatic if you do your job and don't get into any trouble. The average civilian would not catch this and many ex-military members take it for granted.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:41 PM

24,757 posts, read 33,869,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Why have you tried to change the topic of this thread? Oh yes you did when you changed things over to birther questions.
Roys, Roys, Roys..........do I have to do this again? You need to read these threads before trying to accuse me of changing anything.............

The OP:

Bush military Records (DD214)

Your own fifth post:

Quote:
I guess you surely weren't around in late 2003 and 2004. I think that Dan Rather and others showed all of everything about Bush.

This crap about records of earlier presidents aren't at all pertinent to today but you really don't know how the relevance of Obama's birth certificate has anything to do with him being our President, do you?
So who changed over what to what types of questions again?

Old 01-27-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Well, you just keep on beating that dead horse. I'm sure with persistence, it'll get up and run.

Out.
Cool, So I don't expect to hear from you regarding President Obama's birth certificate or his college transcripts

Old 01-27-2012, 02:25 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,511,206 times
Quote:
Cool, So I don't expect to hear from you regarding President Obama's birth certificate or his college transcripts
We haven't seen the his records. Bush released his military records, etc.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:04 PM

20,894 posts, read 13,613,467 times
George W. Bush is an honorably discharged Vietnam Era veteran. And his dad was an honest to god WWII war hero.

I don't care what side of the political spectrum a vet is on... anybody who disparages the record of an American vet for political purposes (be it Bush, Kerry, anybody I don't care) is a despicable wretch who does not deserve the label "patriot."

This is America, d@mnit! We honor our vets here.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:29 PM

4,126 posts, read 4,453,699 times
Quote:
Since you never have yet, why would I start now?

Old 01-27-2012, 07:00 PM

32,700 posts, read 13,815,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
see Cas,

you say (and rightfully so) that your honor (and I respect that very much) is not open for discussion or question....yet you question ANOTHER VET who has a honorable discharge

bush did join, (he could have gotten deferments like cheney, and clinton) he did serve, he did NOT get any type of UCMJ..and was discharged honorably...that is fact...was he a 'good' soldier/airman guess that depends on who you as..but he did serve honorably...otherwise WE (vets) are OPENING up one big can of worms
Yes Bush was received an honorable discharge, but the cirumstances that surrounded him getting into the national guard along with his switching units seems to be a well orchestrated event by someone with connections. Give the Bush credit he was more creative than Clinton, Cheney and the rest that went the deferment route. To look at his military records during the Vietnam war you would have to truly believe that all the planets were aligned in his favor.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
We haven't seen the his records. Bush released his military records, etc.
Bush released what he wanted you to see. Did you see his flight records? How about his pay for the questionable years that he was missing? His discharge papers from the Alabama national guard? How about his discarge code when he separated? Like I said before he produced what he wanted you to see and only someone who served honorably in the military who was not bought or blinded by petty politics would know what to look for.

Remember no one ever said that the information that Dan Rather produced was false, they just questioned it's authencity

Old 01-30-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
George W. Bush is an honorably discharged Vietnam Era veteran. And his dad was an honest to god WWII war hero.

I don't care what side of the political spectrum a vet is on... anybody who disparages the record of an American vet for political purposes (be it Bush, Kerry, anybody I don't care) is a despicable wretch who does not deserve the label "patriot."

This is America, d@mnit! We honor our vets here.
I agree only if they served HONAROBLY he was admitted into a non-combat unit through political manipulations and even given that opportunity he did not honor his obligations fully. There is a difference in serving in the military and "being" in the military. His record SHOULD be in question since he was the main catalyst for our involvement in the invasion of Iraq which killed hundred of thousands including our own military members not to mention put this country into the finanicial situation that we are in today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies