U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 09:12 PM

7,249 posts, read 5,569,002 times

Advertisements

So, Barack Obama is a communist dictator who uh, let's make sure I have this right, asks congress for the authority to trim some of the waste in the executive branch.

Right.

Where's the tinfoil?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 09:16 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,165,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
By definition, "bureaucracy" excludes Congress and the Supreme Court...
Semantics is a favorite ploy of the left and you deflectors have used that game many times in this thread. Ain't it fun?

Old 01-25-2012, 09:16 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,997,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
It looks to me like somebody doesn't understand what the concepts of the separation of powers, advise and consent and checks and balances mean.

You really don't have a clue how your federal government is organized or what the three separate and distinct branches are for or what their powers and authorities are, do you?
Stop and really listen to him. He is a communist and he wants to control everything from the White House.
Listen with suspicion. This man is the president that, three months after taking office announced he was moving our Census INTO the White House...that is consolidation.

I used separation of powers as an example of NOT having one person in control. I know that the def. of bureaucracy is the ton of departments and department heads.

This is the one president that approved of Pelosi saying that they would force his healthcare on us, saying that they'd go over that fence, if that didn't work they'd go under, around....she was saying, like him without saying it in blunt enough fashion that they WERE, no matter WHAT bringing us the bill as law.

This is THE president that insulted one branch of govt. in a SOTU speech. Remember him criticizing our Supreme Court as they sat politely, not talking back at him?

I've seen enough from him to know that with him, of all people asking for "consolidation" of any part of our Federal govt. we have serious issues. THAT was a chill up the spine...

IN the context of what I have already seen and heard from him.

However, if your ego must continue to make issue of me using the three branches in this context....carry on.

It does not negate my message one bit.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:20 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,165,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
A necessary thing when a single political party is stomping its feet and obstructing progress even when individually polled many think the President's ideas are OK. Tells me the super PACS and the corporations have their little republicans lined up nicely.
Never read any links provided for people who don't lean as far left as you do so that you can come back with things about the GOP holding BO back in 2009 or 2010. You passed right over that link that was about 2009. As I recall I was constantly howling about Nasty Nancy and Dirty Harry back then in the days of voting in laws of 2500 pages with no reading or debate in either house.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:21 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,997,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Semantics is a favorite ploy of the left and you deflectors have used that game many times in this thread. Ain't it fun?
Well, heck yeah, Roy you know it is! I mean seriously, when debating with someone and you can't counter their main message then it is an ego-boost to correct them in annyy thing and this time, I did not just use an improper term but I was at the top of our govt...in my thinking, and yeppers, calling me on it was an ego stroke.

Sadly, doing so did not negate my message on this thread.

We truly do have gravely serious problems with this Communist that was the epitome of a trojan horse, and got into our Oval Office.

The very idea of Obama asking for "consolidation" screams of the same ominous vibe when he announced the Census was moving right into the White House. *(well, when ABC, was it said they were moving into it, too, THAT was freaky)

Old 01-26-2012, 02:08 AM

14,078 posts, read 17,627,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Stop and really listen to him. He is a communist and he wants to control everything from the White House.
Listen with suspicion. This man is the president that, three months after taking office announced he was moving our Census INTO the White House...that is consolidation.

I used separation of powers as an example of NOT having one person in control. I know that the def. of bureaucracy is the ton of departments and department heads.

This is the one president that approved of Pelosi saying that they would force his healthcare on us, saying that they'd go over that fence, if that didn't work they'd go under, around....she was saying, like him without saying it in blunt enough fashion that they WERE, no matter WHAT bringing us the bill as law.

This is THE president that insulted one branch of govt. in a SOTU speech. Remember him criticizing our Supreme Court as they sat politely, not talking back at him?

I've seen enough from him to know that with him, of all people asking for "consolidation" of any part of our Federal govt. we have serious issues. THAT was a chill up the spine...

IN the context of what I have already seen and heard from him.

However, if your ego must continue to make issue of me using the three branches in this context....carry on.

It does not negate my message one bit.

This President, or ANY President for that matter, cannot "re-organize" the three branches of the federal government and Congress cannot give him the power to do so. That would require a complete change in the Constitution.

One of the duties of the President is Chief Executive of the Executive branch. He's the CEO of that third of the federal government and if he wants to re-organize that branch, which includes all the federal agencies tasked by Congress or the Constitution with implementing the will of Congress, he can do so. Frankly, I'm not even sure he needs the permission of Congress because managing the federal government is part of his job.

I'm really at a loss to figure out why you think this is so threatening. It's been done before, but never on a full scale. It should be obvious to anyone that we have far too many bureaus, agencies and departments with far too much overlapping authority and The People would be served by eliminating or combining some of them.

The right always talks about paring down Big Government, so here's a President wanting to do that very thing and y'all object? What's up with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies