U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2012, 05:50 AM

586 posts, read 516,392 times

Advertisements

It clearly states she greeted him to give him an invitation to lunch. He decided it would be a good time to pick a fight.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-26-2012 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: rude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 06:12 AM

6,032 posts, read 7,577,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
What an ignorant woman, Jesus Christ! She obviously represents the most backwards, unsophisticated, and ignorant element of her state. The man she's talking to is the leader of the most powerful country in the world, the Commander in Chief, the President of the United States. The woman obviously is very deranged.

I know people in AZ, even have family there. Fine people. She obviously represents the bottom. One wonders how in the hell she became Governor?

Good for the President to simply walk away from this repulsive bigoted GOP nutcase.

Enjoy President Obama's second term.
I am sure you cheered for the guy who threw his shoe at Bush.....

We play this high and mighty card about how the President should be treated, but let's be honest, when someone with different politics than your view is in office, you don't care.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:14 AM

6,745 posts, read 8,302,155 times
Have another one Jan

Old 01-26-2012, 06:14 AM

19,891 posts, read 16,338,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I know that it's fashionable for Republicans to be angry these days, but most Americans don't appreciate this type of behavior.

NBC Politics - Arizona governor, Obama in 'tense' exchange over book
Obama is a thin skinned baby.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:17 AM

6,745 posts, read 8,302,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
A foreigner's assessment of correct behaviour:

He thought he could control the conversation BECAUSE she'd be too intimidated by his presence in a public setting to object or respond negatively and he got his hat handed to him. GOOD ON YA' JAN!
Zip it foreigner.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:20 AM

19,891 posts, read 16,338,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
A foreigner's assessment of correct behaviour:

She wrote a book, part of which he objected to relating to meetings they've had before.

His 'anti-Arizona illegal legislation position' has been made public by his press secretary and further bolstered by the W/H court challenge.

Is the place to discuss your chagrin at a chapter in a book on the tarmac immediately after touch down while being greeted by the governor of the state?

Knowing your position has been diametricly opposed to the states proposed legislation and further declaring your objection publicly with a supreme court challenge; would the time to discuss a book chapter be the first few seconds of a "Welcome to Az" exchange.

He attempted to control and admonish that lady with obvious body language suggesting he is patronizing her in the extreme! Where I come from you don't assume to touch someone on the arm, especially a lady, unless invited to do so! He resorts to this touchy feely crap as a furtherance of his "I'm a very nice guy; here let me touch you and you'll naturally fall under my spell and behave like a good little house-wife should and be intimidated by my very presence, now about that book of yours where you refer to me in a less than flattering and worshipful manner".

He got what he deserved! He was rude in the extreme for raising the issue of the book and his attempt to admonish her in a very public place at a welcoming ceremony which backfired with her having every right to stick her finger up his nose; THAT'S HIS HAND ON HER ARM PEOPLE!

He thought he could control the conversation BECAUSE she'd be too intimidated by his presence in a public setting to object or respond negatively and he got his hat handed to him. GOOD ON YA' JAN!

That is the correct assessment. Obama is an aloof authoritarian, who isn't used to being question by plebes.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:56 AM

10,946 posts, read 8,266,473 times
Quote:
He could only stand to look at her for so long.
Yes, looking the truth in the face is not something he does well.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Shaking her finger and shouting angrily to the President's face would be considered disrespectful by most people.
She said that she respects the office. Doesn't have to respect the man, as a great many of us don't respect him.

BTW, what did he say to elicit this reaction from her? The action was probably deserved, imo.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Jan Brewer's a quack..I'm tired of these nutty republicans trying to intentionally disrespect the President because they don't like him personally (or one specific identifying trait about him)..I'm glad he dressed her nutty @ss down..When Chris Christie does it to some out of work school teacher, conservatives applaud. Hypocrits.
Ah, the race card! Wondered how long it would take obamaphiles to bring that one back.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
The picture I see has her putting her finger to his face. That can hardly be considered respectful. In fact, one might even consider it an act of aggression.
Respect has to be earned. He hasn't earned it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or