U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-26-2012, 08:01 AM
 
3,438 posts, read 2,554,672 times
Reputation: 1784

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
And that justified Obama dressing her down after she invited him to lunch and a tour of the border? Would you prefer that she just "know her place"? Do you think it was prudent of him to do that at that time or would it have been better to wait until a more appropriate time?

You see, if anyone doesn't agree with Obama, the left goes nuts and if that person is a conservative woman, the left is even more vicious. Just look at this thread. One advocating ***** slapping her?

It is Obama that you are expecting to "know his place." Apparently to you, he should simply allow people to lie and disrespect him without saying a word. The left this, Obama that...I have never seen so much disrespect toward a POTUS. If you disagree with him over policy that is perfectly fine but he is still the POTUS, which deserves a certain level of respect. You don't put your finger in the president's face. I was not a Bush fan but I accepted and respected the fact that he was my president. Clearly for some people, hatred of Obama is much more powerful than love of their country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-26-2012, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Meggett, SC
10,666 posts, read 9,054,483 times
Reputation: 5948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
It is Obama that you are expecting to "know his place." Apparently to you, he should simply allow people to lie and disrespect him without saying a word. The left this, Obama that...I have never seen so much disrespect toward a POTUS. If you disagree with him over policy that is perfectly fine but he is still the POTUS, which deserves a certain level of respect. You don't put your finger in the president's face. I was not a Bush fan but I accepted and respected the fact that he was my president. Clearly for some people, hatred of Obama is much more powerful than love of their country.
You assume too much about my thoughts or motivations. The context of this particular quote you excerpted was in the face of rather vicious and disrespectful comments about Gov Brewer. However, this entire incident between Gov Brewer and President Obama brings to mind the phrase "you earn respect".

I do not think it was prudent of him to use that particular opportunity to bring up his displeasure with her book. Her reaction to that seems to have caused controversy as well (e.g. the infamous finger pointing photo). I take umbrage with those that seem to excuse President Obama's poor behavior while railing against Gov Brewer's actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 08:26 AM
 
3,502 posts, read 1,822,984 times
Reputation: 646
As Governor she is representng her state. It would be different if she were a private citizen. We expect our leaders to conduct themselves better than the average citizen, that's why we call them leaders. I have no problem with someone criticizing Obama, but this is low class behavior. You should be able to get your point across without resorting to rude hand gestures. She is an embarrassment to the office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 08:33 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,533 posts, read 15,479,779 times
Reputation: 11425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
It is Obama that you are expecting to "know his place." Apparently to you, he should simply allow people to lie and disrespect him without saying a word. The left this, Obama that...I have never seen so much disrespect toward a POTUS. If you disagree with him over policy that is perfectly fine but he is still the POTUS, which deserves a certain level of respect. You don't put your finger in the president's face. I was not a Bush fan but I accepted and respected the fact that he was my president. Clearly for some people, hatred of Obama is much more powerful than love of their country.
How many times was Bush called Hitler?

How many posters called to kill Bush?

Here's a reminder. Death Threats Against Bush Ignored for Years

Short memory here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 08:35 AM
 
Location: Austin
4,102 posts, read 7,369,012 times
Reputation: 2124
The skeleton woman in that picture probably wanted that photo op. Anger and lack of decorum means votes for the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 08:35 AM
 
3,502 posts, read 1,822,984 times
Reputation: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
How many times was Bush called Hitler?

How many posters called to kill Bush?

Here's a reminder. Death Threats Against Bush Ignored for Years

Short memory here.
By a governor of the USA, probably none? If this was done by some bum of the street few would care. This is not the way our leaders should act. Very low class behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 08:35 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,533 posts, read 15,479,779 times
Reputation: 11425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I live here in Gabby Giffords District where her Reppublican opponents held event shooting at picture of her with automatic rifles, and the National Socialist Patriot Militia is a branch of Sherrif Arpaios """Posse""".
To say Frau Blucher is an embarrassment is an understatement
Got a link for this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 08:38 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,533 posts, read 15,479,779 times
Reputation: 11425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
By a governor of the USA, probably none? If this was done by some bum of the street few would care. This is not the way our leaders should act. Very low class behavior.
What did she do? You see a picture of a finger pointing and hear of a tense argument. What was said? Do you know?

Didn't Obama look for someone's a** to kick a couple of years ago? Please, spare the empty rhetoric.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 08:41 AM
 
3,502 posts, read 1,822,984 times
Reputation: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
What did she do? You see a picture of a finger pointing and hear of a tense argument. What was said? Do you know?
Sticking your finger in an adult's face is disrespectful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 08:44 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,533 posts, read 15,479,779 times
Reputation: 11425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
By a governor of the USA, probably none? If this was done by some bum of the street few would care. This is not the way our leaders should act. Very low class behavior.
Wait a minute... regarding your bum of the street comment...

There have been normal people who have, at the least, gotten a visit after making comments on Obama. The last I remember being the MMA guy calling Obama an idiot and getting a visit from the SS.

UFC Fighter Visited By Secret Service After Making Threat Against Obama

So even that portion of your statement is unstable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top