U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2012, 09:16 AM

10,666 posts, read 9,049,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
You missed several pages of liberal males talking about "biotch slapping her" because sometimes "women need to be slapped back into their place." They said it multiple times while passing around high fives to each other. It looks like the mods found it so offensive they removed all the posts and references to them except mine. I wish they would have left them for everyone to see. Those pitiful excuse for "men" deserve to have everyone see their comments.
Yes, some of my quotes referencing this material indirectly were left and it seems to have caused some reaction by some on this board as they didn't see the context. I think, if they saw the statements that were flying about on this thread last night, the context of a few of these comments would make more sense. I was happy to see the mods did clean it up though. It was very disturbing to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

5,932 posts, read 4,549,803 times
I wish we could use some hidden cameras to see how his wife talks to him when he steps out of line.

22,896 posts, read 16,285,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I know that it's fashionable for Republicans to be angry these days, but most Americans don't appreciate this type of behavior.

NBC Politics - Arizona governor, Obama in 'tense' exchange over book

Quelle surprise. Another GOP politician suffering from a victim complex.
That finger-pointing certainly was the height of class, wasn't it?

Old 01-26-2012, 09:18 AM

26,781 posts, read 19,084,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
President Obama needs to put these disrespectful hicks in their place. I am so glad that he walked away from her redneck, backwards ranting. Hopefully he will be doing a lot more of this during hos 2nd term because I can think of quite a few people who need to have their -sses handed to them.
you hand someone's -ss to them by running the other direction?

good to know..

Old 01-26-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Perhaps had she not lied about their meeting @ the White House, the President would not have questioned her about her lies. Looks as though she took offense to being exposed as a liar.
Agreed. She did seem quite defensive for someone who believed she was in the right.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:20 AM

3,438 posts, read 2,553,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You really did pick the wrong poster to try and peg gross generalizations upon. My posting history speaks for itself and for some reason you have chosen to lecture me on being polite and understanding respect while making assumptions about my motivation and character. I will say that I do not, nor would I ever, encourage personal attacks upon a man's family simply because one disagrees with a man's policies or politics. As a matter of fact, I was just commenting in a post yesterday on how he is a very good family man and I thought that was good.

I do disagree with Obama's policies and politics. I do disagree with his vision of our country. I do disagree with many of his political choices. Lastly, I do disagree with his choosing this time to confront Gov Brewer about her book.

So cast your generalizations upon someone else as a vast majority of your statements neither apply to me nor any of my previous statements.
I didn't try to peg gross generalizations on you, but I did ask you some questions which you did not answer. I have also read posts where you made generalizations about the left. If you don't encourage attacks on the man's family or the man that have nothing to do with policy, do you discourage them? You had no problem expressing your feelings toward his exchange with Jan Brewer. Everything I said was not directed specifically toward you, but just people in general who ignore or participate in anything against Obama, even when they are siding with hateful lying bigots. So do you agree with birthers and liars or do you disagree with them? Do you agree with a member if Congress heckling the POTUS or is it only Obama who can be wrong?

Old 01-26-2012, 09:25 AM

791 posts, read 369,638 times
Hateful, bigot, nutjob, biotch, hag, crazy, drunk, psycho, liar, ugly....

Is there no limit to the vitriol you libs spew?

Old 01-26-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
It wouldn't matter to you when or how he did it. If someone lied on you, would you say nothing and simply accept their invitation? As many have pointed out, Jan Brewer has a history of telling lies, yet she is excused by all of the Obama haters here who always take the side of anyone against him, even if they are siding with lying quacks or bigots. He has done nothing to be disrespected. He was elected POTUS, period. Whether or not you agree with him is one thing, but the POTUS does deserve a certain level of respect.

When people waste tax payer money and time filing bogus court cases challenging his citizenship, do you have anything to say about that? When people complain about him putting his feet on the desk in the oval office (as many before him have done), did you complain about that? When people refer to his wife as Moochelle, did you see a problem with that? How about when people talk about his daughters, his deceased mother or demand things that they've never asked for for any other POTUS (school transcripts, applications and papers that he wrote)?

If you have, good for you. I would hope so, but doubt it since you are so willing to defend Jan Brewer, a known liar just because she is disagreeing with Obama. I know Republicans who disagree with him on policy but are embarrassed by this behavior and actually speak out against it. Then there are the people that hate Obama so much that anything goes, bigotry, lies and attacks on his wife and family. That isn't about policy. If some of you had a choice between seeing this country succeed and seeing Obama fail, you would choose to destroy this country just to see Obama fail. People with this attitude have no business calling themselves patriots. This behavior is very unAmerican. As an American, I find it VERY embarrassing, disgusting, tacky and classless.
Great post

Old 01-26-2012, 09:29 AM

3,438 posts, read 2,553,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Comes with the territory. And let me tell you that what's in Obama's closets - he hasn't really received the total anal treatment.

Two things for me on this (not to you personally)...

1- Why is it OK for normal people to threaten leaders, but not leaders threatening other leaders? We are all people here. Why two different standards? I think that's unrealistic. Why not lift up your behavior and not call people names whether that person is on your side or not?

2- Nobody is dealing with what Obama may have said to get her to that point. Way too much is assumed by one picture.
Obama has given more information about himself than most other presidents, but it is never enough.

1. It is not okay for leaders because they are LEADERS and for that reason alone, we expect them to lead with grace and class. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing but raising your voice, name calling, finger pointing and lying show that this person may not be cut out to be a leader since they are lacking maturity and self-control.

2. We only know what we are told and if way too much is assumed then you should also be speaking with those who immediately defended Jan Brewer without knowing the story or what was said.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:31 AM

31,777 posts, read 24,910,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThrillIsGone View Post
Obama just turned and walked away during a conversation?
Having not watched the episode of political drama... I sure hope so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or