U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2012, 10:33 AM

14,298 posts, read 8,157,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Right...first she lied. He told her that what she said was inaccurate so she resorts to getting emotional and point her finger in his face. If she walked up to him and callid him a **** ******** and a ****** then smacked him, you'd still blame him.
You seem to be agreeing with me that Obama started this entire argument because he thought she lied. Obviously she did not lie, since he repeated exactly what was written about him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 10:33 AM

3,438 posts, read 2,563,125 times
[quote=Mr. Joshua;22718150]
Quote:

I know what "Down this road before" means. I was asking for a thread link.

Well first of all, I have not defended Brewer's lies in any way, shape, or form. But your classification of Obama's lies as "debatable statements" seems to do just that. So since you classified them in this way I suggest that we debate his statements. I'll start:

I say that President Barack Obama lied through his teeth to get a point across. What do you say?

Search the forum if you want a link. They're there. So your response to Brewer's finger pointing publicity stunt is to attack Obama? I don't believe that he lied through his teeth, but not everything he said was factual. Does that excuse the lies and tacky classless actions of others?

Old 01-26-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Wasn't the letter an invitation to lunch? I do not understand how that constitutes that she had an agenda.

Brewer has been very vocal in her disapproval of Obama and did not speak well of him in her book. Then she decides to run up to him on a tarmac, with several cameras on them with a letter in her hand inviting him to lunch - there are other avenues that should be taken when requesting a meeting with the POTUS. He declines and tells her why and she then resorts to getting in his face pointing her finger. She knew exactly what she was doing. She is full of it. She's been all over talk radio and television since the incident. Mission accomplished.

Last edited by Factsplease; 01-26-2012 at 11:00 AM..

Old 01-26-2012, 10:38 AM

19,552 posts, read 17,609,539 times
He's probably just tired from so much travel and got a little cranky.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:40 AM

2,826 posts, read 4,951,243 times
First of all, Jan Brewer has some nerve. I dont care whether Obama is black, white, red, yellow......YOU show some RESPECT. Obama has got to have the patience of "Job", because had that been a female she was waving that index finger at.....She would have lost that finger.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
You seem to be agreeing with me that Obama started this entire argument because he thought she lied. Obviously she did not lie, since he repeated exactly what was written about him.

Umm okay and he repeated this where? He doesn't want to go to lunch with someone who only wants to do so so that she can distort the truth. She wanted to get in his face and have pictures taken of her doing it...she accomplished her goal. Obama did what he needed to do and walked away from her looney antics.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
They still have only one "father".
No freaking ****!!!??? Obviously there is only one genetic father for an offspring. And obviously people are being purposely obtuse by making a freaking issue out of semantics. Plenty of children were adopted, and/or raised by another man that they called "father". There are folks right here on the City-data forums that call a step-parent "mother' or "father," even though they are not genetically related to them.

Do you constantly correct people who introduce their friends or relatives? I'll bet you folks are a real hoot at parties and reunions, constantly reminding people about step-dads, half-sisters, cousins once removed, ex-wife, etc...

Too many of you people like to waste time arguing over silly, stupid crap, just to try and score cheap points and read your own posts.

but I suppose, whatever it takes to take the focus off of Obama.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Umm okay and he repeated this where? He doesn't want to go to lunch with someone who only wants to do so so that she can distort the truth. She wanted to get in his face and have pictures taken of her doing it...she accomplished her goal. Obama did what he needed to do and walked away from her looney antics.
He just did it. He was lecturing, and being rude... just like she wrote about.

Obama" "I'm not a jerk" ...and then he proceeds to act like a jerk

Old 01-26-2012, 10:54 AM

32,532 posts, read 30,818,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Wasn't the letter an invitation to lunch? I do not understand how that constitutes that she had an agenda.
Which you do by saying, "Mr. President I would like to invite you to be my guest at lunch. We have some fine restaurants here in the great state of Arizona."

My educated guess is she handed him the letter and said something less than gracious since she's known to wear her Tough Lady Boots whenever there's a camera around. He responded. For all we know (since we only have her version) he could have been making a small joke about her book only to have her go off on him.

Meh. She wanted to be photographed telling off the POTUS. She got what she wanted. Her supporters are thrilled and she got on FOX. Mission accomplished.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:56 AM

31,777 posts, read 25,007,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
First of all, Jan Brewer has some nerve. I dont care whether Obama is black, white, red, yellow......YOU show some RESPECT. Obama has got to have the patience of "Job", because had that been a female she was waving that index finger at.....She would have lost that finger.
I see the attitude of a stupid teenager, in an adult aged body. But it is this kind of "leadership" that the right wingers demand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
No freaking ****!!!??? Obviously there is only one genetic father for an offspring.
Hence your incorrect reference to "fathers", especially when you're also talking about legalities as they tie to the offspring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or