Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2012, 07:39 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times

Advertisements

http://themoderatevoice.com/wordpress-engine/files//2012/01/105189_600.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 08:28 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
I'll bet she sold more books than he did yesterday.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:46 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Doubt she's a birther!!

She just wants him to do something about "ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION", is that so hard, for some of you to understand!!

Old 01-27-2012, 08:54 AM

I also, think she needs to not be saying our President is thin-skinned, we already know that. She needs to be talking about issues. When one starts talking personal, they end up losing the real issue.

Although, they say her book is the first to make the highest turn in sales. Something has peaked readers interest.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:55 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
That's very disrespectful of her. It shows her true character & it would have been appropriate for the Secret Service Officer to grab her finger & hand it to her.
governor brewer greeted president obama at the airport in a cordial manner, inviting him to lunch, and obama ripped into her for how he was portrayed in her book.

obama is, and has been, acting like a petulant, spoiled, child who thinks he should be getting his way because he is the president.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:24 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
governor brewer greeted president obama at the airport in a cordial manner, inviting him to lunch, and obama ripped into her for how he was portrayed in her book.obama is, and has been, acting like a petulant, spoiled, child who thinks he should be getting his way because he is the president.
How do you know that?
Is there a transcript of what was said, then?
I thought most of the 'conversation' was not audible?

Old 01-27-2012, 09:34 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
How do you know that?
Is there a transcript of what was said, then?
I thought most of the 'conversation' was not audible?
governor brewer is one lady that treats people with respect, until they decide to attack her, then she gets feisty. in interviews that brewer has given since the incident, she has said that she didnt stand up to obama until AFTER he slammed her for what she wrote in her book.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:49 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
governor brewer is one lady that treats people with respect, until they decide to attack her, then she gets feisty. in interviews that brewer has given since the incident, she has said that she didnt stand up to obama until AFTER he slammed her for what she wrote in her book.
Sounds like lying and manipulation on her part.
I work with a few people like that, so I know how they operate; it's not pretty, but they do mostly get away with their charades.

Also, just who attacked first? Yep, that was the governor with her book (such a lady)

A REAL lady would keep some things to herself.

So, it's OK for her to 'get feisty', but not OK for anyone else to do the same?
In other words, she can dish it out but can't take it.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Sounds like lying and manipulation on her part.
I work with a few people like that, so I know how they operate; it's not pretty, but they do mostly get away with their charades.

Also, just who attacked first? Yep, that was the governor with her book (such a lady)

A REAL lady would keep some things to herself.

So, it's OK for her to 'get feisty', but not OK for anyone else to do the same?
In other words, she can dish it out but can't take it.
She had a letter and was asking him to come to lunch and visit the border. That's when HE brought up her book. Why do you think, he didn't except her invitation and ask her when he was at the border about her book??

Sounds to me like, he didn't want anything to do with her and Arizona's border issues. Now, as always, it's about Our President's hurt feelings, as the border remains unattended and no attention. What a way to get votes, from such a gentleman.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:35 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Now you have a different version of the story?
Yep. Her version which does differ a lot from that of the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies