Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2012, 09:02 AM

45,548 posts, read 27,160,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
80%, that's a high number. What MSNBC talk show hosts have threatened the President?
Don't worry about it - I will concede the 80% is way too high, at least for on the broadcasts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 09:02 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
How many times was Bush called Hitler?

How many posters called to kill Bush?

Here's a reminder. Death Threats Against Bush Ignored for Years

Short memory here.

No I don't have a short memory. Every POTUS gets death threats, is the butt of jokes and gets called names. Every POTUS does not get heckled by congress men, have court cases filed for him to prove his citizenship, have governers putting their fingers in their faces and people constantly demanding to see all of their school records including applications and papers that they wrote in college. There is a difference and it is one thing to be called names in a discussion forum and another to be disrespected by other politicians in public. By the way, I never condoned the disrespect of George Bush. I believe in taking out your frustration by speaking out about POLICY that you disagree with or by campaigning for the person that you feel is going to do the best job. When you resort to bullying, lying and bigotry or side with those that resort to those tactics, it never ends well.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:07 AM

7,810 posts, read 6,388,633 times
She'd be tossed in jail for that in a liberal utopia.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:07 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,020,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
It wouldn't matter to you when or how he did it. If someone lied on you, would you say nothing and simply accept their invitation? As many have pointed out, Jan Brewer has a history of telling lies, yet she is excused by all of the Obama haters here who always take the side of anyone against him, even if they are siding with lying quacks or bigots. He has done nothing to be disrespected. He was elected POTUS, period. Whether or not you agree with him is one thing, but the POTUS does deserve a certain level of respect.

When people waste tax payer money and time filing bogus court cases challenging his citizenship, do you have anything to say about that? When people complain about him putting his feet on the desk in the oval office (as many before him have done), did you complain about that? When people refer to his wife as Moochelle, did you see a problem with that? How about when people talk about his daughters, his deceased mother or demand things that they've never asked for for any other POTUS (school transcripts, applications and papers that he wrote)?

If you have, good for you. I would hope so, but doubt it since you are so willing to defend Jan Brewer, a known liar just because she is disagreeing with Obama. I know Republicans who disagree with him on policy but are embarrassed by this behavior and actually speak out against it. Then there are the people that hate Obama so much that anything goes, bigotry, lies and attacks on his wife and family. That isn't about policy. If some of you had a choice between seeing this country succeed and seeing Obama fail, you would choose to destroy this country just to see Obama fail. People with this attitude have no business calling themselves patriots. This behavior is very unAmerican. As an American, I find it VERY embarrassing, disgusting, tacky and classless.
You really did pick the wrong poster to try and peg gross generalizations upon. My posting history speaks for itself and for some reason you have chosen to lecture me on being polite and understanding respect while making assumptions about my motivation and character. I will say that I do not, nor would I ever, encourage personal attacks upon a man's family simply because one disagrees with a man's policies or politics. As a matter of fact, I was just commenting in a post yesterday on how he is a very good family man and I thought that was good.

I do disagree with Obama's policies and politics. I do disagree with his vision of our country. I do disagree with many of his political choices. Lastly, I do disagree with his choosing this time to confront Gov Brewer about her book.

So cast your generalizations upon someone else as a vast majority of your statements neither apply to me nor any of my previous statements.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:09 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
She'd be tossed in jail for that in a liberal utopia.
I thought liberals were soft on "crime"??

Old 01-26-2012, 09:10 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,020,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
And obviously, Jan Brewer is the one who has not "earned respect". She also obviously has little control over her emotions...not the sign of a good leader. So basically, the state of Arizona is being run by a hotheaded shrew.
My point is, as I have stated before, her actions do not excuse his actions.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:13 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,727,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You might want to look at what your fellow conservatives say about women in all of the anti-choice threads before you make any comments.
Hopefully, you'll be quite unhappy about it.
You missed several pages of liberal males talking about "biotch slapping her" because sometimes "women need to be slapped back into their place." They said it multiple times while passing around high fives to each other. It looks like the mods found it so offensive they removed all the posts and references to them except mine. I wish they would have left them for everyone to see. Those pitiful excuse for "men" deserve to have everyone see their comments.

BTW- I don't care how they vote. Anyone making comments like that should be called on them.

Last edited by brentwoodgirl; 01-26-2012 at 09:33 AM..

Old 01-26-2012, 09:13 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,922,559 times
Default a pattern of behavior with the thin-skinned Narcissist-in-Chief

Gov. Brewer is not the only state Gov. Obama with whom Obama has had terse exchanges. No, Obama and his monumental ego cannot handle criticism.

Flashback on how Obama treated LA Governor Bobby Jindal on the tarmac:

Thou Shalt Not Write Bad Things About Obama | The Weekly Standard

Being Obama | The Weekly Standard

or when Obama refused to personally accept a letter TX Governor Rick Perry attempted to hand Obama on the tarmac:

44 - Ad of the Day: Texas governor's tarmac letter to Obama

So, does Obama hold disdain for all Governors or is he just nasty to Republican ones who fail to bow down on the tarmac and worship him?

Old 01-26-2012, 09:14 AM

45,548 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
No I don't have a short memory. Every POTUS gets death threats, is the butt of jokes and gets called names. Every POTUS does not get heckled by congress men, have court cases filed for him to prove his citizenship, have governers putting their fingers in their faces and people constantly demanding to see all of their school records including applications and papers that they wrote in college. There is a difference and it is one thing to be called names in a discussion forum and another to be disrespected by other politicians in public. By the way, I never condoned the disrespect of George Bush. I believe in taking out your frustration by speaking out about POLICY that you disagree with or by campaigning for the person that you feel is going to do the best job. When you resort to bullying, lying and bigotry or side with those that resort to those tactics, it never ends well.
Comes with the territory. And let me tell you that what's in Obama's closets - he hasn't really received the total anal treatment.

Two things for me on this (not to you personally)...

1- Why is it OK for normal people to threaten leaders, but not leaders threatening other leaders? We are all people here. Why two different standards? I think that's unrealistic. Why not lift up your behavior and not call people names whether that person is on your side or not?

2- Nobody is dealing with what Obama may have said to get her to that point. Way too much is assumed by one picture.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:16 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,890 times
As Governor of a border state Jan Brewer is the gatekeeper of future Democrats, that's why the president is having a hissy fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies