Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2012, 10:39 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Nice try...what she really said was:

Friction over women’s role in Obama White House was intense - The Washington Post

Putting your finger in someone's face is disrespectful. Had it been the other way around, they right would be trying to charge him with assault.
I see that you never did see Obama lecturing Netanyahu in the White House.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 10:41 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I also, think she needs to not be saying our President is thin-skinned, we already know that. She needs to be talking about issues. When one starts talking personal, they end up losing the real issue.

Although, they say her book is the first to make the highest turn in sales. Something has peaked readers interest.
She invited him to go with her to the border to view just how secure it really is and he took off into her. How much more important issue does Arizona have with the government that has been working so hard to keep that border "open"?

Old 01-27-2012, 10:46 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
She had a letter and was asking him to come to lunch and visit the border. That's when HE brought up her book. Why do you think, he didn't except her invitation and ask her when he was at the border about her book??
I know this is going to be a fruitless attempt on my part...but...

HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT WAS SAID?
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHO SAID WHAT FIRST?

If two different accounts are being told, why believe one over the other?

Old 01-27-2012, 10:50 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I know this is going to be a fruitless attempt on my part...but...

HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT WAS SAID?
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHO SAID WHAT FIRST?

If two different accounts are being told, why believe one over the other?

there are more than 2 different accounts. Brewer has hit the talk show circuit for the last two days and her story has changed each time. First it was he wanted to talk about the book. Then on another show, she admitted she asked him if he read her book. So which version will it be by tomorrow. This story is a mess. Bottom line, he should have just turned down her invite without any additional embelishments, She needs to show respect with anyone she speaks too by not pointing directly in their face. But I would have done the exact same thing the President did and that was walked away. No need to continue giving into the show.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:57 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,292,856 times
Quote:
She had a letter and was asking him to come to lunch and visit the border. That's when HE brought up her book. Why do you think, he didn't except her invitation and ask her when he was at the border about her book??

Sounds to me like, he didn't want anything to do with her and Arizona's border issues. Now, as always, it's about Our President's hurt feelings, as the border remains unattended and no attention. What a way to get votes, from such a gentleman.
Well, in her radio interview yesterday, she said SHE brought up the book first by asking him if he had read it.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:02 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
Well, in her radio interview yesterday, she said SHE brought up the book first by asking him if he had read it.

Like I said, severl versions and all coming from the mouth of the same woman that walked out of the meeting with the President with one version, but recounted a different version in her book.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:54 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Like I said, severl versions and all coming from the mouth of the same woman that walked out of the meeting with the President with one version, but recounted a different version in her book.
She is too busy Pandering to her base to keep track of such unimportant details. Seems to be something in the water in AZ or is it too much sun, notice how many crazies there are there, really

Old 01-27-2012, 12:09 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
OOPS it appears that Brewer's side of the story isn't turning out so well for her!

Quote:
Out of the three officials who met President Obama on an airport tarmac near Phoenix earlier
this week, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R) is now the only one who has characterized the president
as anything other than cordial.
2nd Mayor Says Obama ‘Wasn’t Tense At All’ During Brewer Encounter | TPMMuckraker

Old 01-27-2012, 12:30 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see that you never did see Obama lecturing Netanyahu in the White House.

So you are saying that you have a picture of Obama all up in Netanyahu's face pointing his finger at him? Your post is off topic and it is quite obvious that some of you are so consumed by your hate-driven obsession with Obama that you put it before just about anything, including your morals. Lying, cheating, forgery, bigotry - it all goes as long as it is against Obama.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:37 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,279,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
OOPS it appears that Brewer's side of the story isn't turning out so well for her!

2nd Mayor Says Obama ‘Wasn’t Tense At All’ During Brewer Encounter | TPMMuckraker
Which story? She's told at least three versions so far. Gov. Brewer has a little trouble with consistency and clarity of thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies