Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 03:39 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,386,223 times

Advertisements

Sure, legalize it, whatever. But I think it's a bad idea. The type of man who has to pay for sex shouldn't be getting any; and the type of woman who rewards that type of man, causing further deterioration of his social skills and thus society in general, shouldn't be getting money to do so. Lazy, meet lazy. Now, be enablers for eachother
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 03:43 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,593,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Sure, legalize it, whatever. But I think it's a bad idea. The type of man who has to pay for sex shouldn't be getting any; and the type of woman who rewards that type of man, causing further deterioration of his social skills and thus society in general, shouldn't be getting money to do so. Lazy, meet lazy. Now, be enablers for eachother
So women should be forced to put out for those types of men for free?

There are also men who have other options but want to avoid complications...

Old 02-20-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
So women should be forced to put out for those types of men for free?
I believe I said a man like that shouldn't be getting sex at all, not until he grows up. His physical is developed, but not his mental, as evidenced by his lack of social skill

Quote:
There are also men who have other options but want to avoid complications...
Like what?

Old 02-20-2012, 03:52 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,491,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Should prostitution be legalized? Why or why not?
Among consenting adults, with some minimal health regulations applied ... yes. Why not?

Old 02-20-2012, 03:57 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,703 times
The question is... should prostitution be encouraged or would it be encouraged if legalized. The idea in the issue of responcibility of leadership for a healthy society. This is why it cannot be legalized but, tolerated with mickey mouse fines ect. Its a very simple issue if you get your heads outta the sand with the extreme personal views in either pro relig or pro liberal-atheist whatever..

oh....if your going to legalize it then ...nothing can stop prostitution school right beside ballet class. including an eventual.....Mommy ..I want to go to prostitution school. No remotly normal parent wants that, therefore no remotely normal government should promote what the people in fact by majority do not want....and why is this so..? because we know, statistics show that a career in prostitution is in fact unhealthy. The initiative in whole is on behalf of the potencial or existing prostitute. Arguements regarding, pimp, danger ect are well noted BUT...that is why the matter should be regulated through by laws geared toward their safety...which it is....and not encouraged by outright legalization...The nevada arrangement seems a reasonable allocation or lieniancy....your country doesnt have the freedom to wasate time with these issues....you guys have got to get your heads outta the gutter and pay attention to real issues which can hopefully illuminate your sad sick situation....wake up and smell the coffee

Last edited by stargazzer; 02-20-2012 at 04:23 PM..

Old 02-20-2012, 03:58 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,054,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
The question is... should prostitution be encouraged or would it be encouraged if legalized. The idea in the issue is the responcibility of leadership for a healthy society. This is why it cannot be legalized but, tolerated with mickey mouse fines ect. Its a very simple issue if you get your heads outta the sand with the extreme personal views in either pro relig or pro liberal-atheist whatever..
Prostitution is already being encouraged first through through marriage and an eventually alimony.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:01 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,436,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I believe I said a man like that shouldn't be getting sex at all, not until he grows up. His physical is developed, but not his mental, as evidenced by his lack of social skill

Like what?
Relationships. Not all guys want one, or want to get married. If you buy the school of thought that sex is on the Hierarchy of Needs, it makes a lot more sense to legalize it.

Plus you need to remember that locations that have legalized prostitution have lower rape and domestic abuse rates then places that don't. (Look up rates in early Vegas days.)

Old 02-20-2012, 04:17 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,593,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
The question is... should prostitution be encouraged or would it be encouraged if legalized. The idea in the issue is the responcibility of leadership for a healthy society. This is why it cannot be legalized but, tolerated with mickey mouse fines ect. Its a very simple issue if you get your heads outta the sand with the extreme personal views in either pro relig or pro liberal-atheist whatever..
I don't know. There's the argument bolstered by St. Augustine and advocated by many Catholics that prostitution is necessary to contain sin given that male lust is extremely difficult and near-impossible to contain and if not given any legal outlets will wind up luring "good" women into sin, or will result in sexual violence.

Quote:
oh....if your going to legalize it then ...nothing can stop prostitution school right beside ballet class. including an eventual.....Mommy ..I want to go to prostitution school.
"Prostitution school" already exists, it's called poverty and unemployment.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
Relationships. Not all guys want one, or want to get married. If you buy the school of thought that sex is on the Hierarchy of Needs, it makes a lot more sense to legalize it.
Well, I certainly don't buy that "school of thought". Maybe sexual pleasure which can be taken care of by masturbating, but not sex with another person, no.

But prostitution can result in complications as well. One or the other can still catch feelings, particularly if they don't just robotically go in, do their business, then leave. As for the threat of a *dum dum dum* relationship, a man who can't find a "friend with benefits" or an "open relationship" is still a man who has to pay for sex. And this type of man shouldn't be getting any... Sex, that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
Plus you need to remember that locations that have legalized prostitution have lower rape and domestic abuse rates then places that don't. (Look up rates in early Vegas days.)
I'd rather you or someone else do that for me, since you made the claim Either way, I'm not one to assume correlation shows causation, nor am I one to think the ends always justify the means.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:28 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,703 times
Quote:
I don't know. There's the argument bolstered by St. Augustine and advocated by many Catholics that prostitution is necessary to contain sin given that male lust is extremely difficult and near-impossible to contain and if not given any legal outlets will wind up luring "good" women into sin, or will result in sexual violence.

"Prostitution school" already exists, it's called poverty and unemployment.

These are immature comments showing an immature mind perfectly representing an immature people in a sinking country.

What you need is a leader who can address the confused in your society. I could easily run your country but am a Canadian cit.

You need leadership and clearly are without. My comment above stands and is without, possible negative mature deconstruction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies