U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 05:25 AM

69,372 posts, read 55,371,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Eighty percent said they approved of Mr. Obama's plans for the deficit -- in contrast to 45 percent before the speech.
Obama didnt even discuss the deficit, how can people's opinion of his plan to deal with it change?

Old 01-26-2012, 05:45 AM

5,113 posts, read 4,939,344 times
Quote:
"This year, 82 percent of those who watched the speech said they approve of the president's plans for the economy, up from 53 percent who approved before the speech. Eighty percent said they approved of Mr. Obama's plans for the deficit -- in contrast to 45 percent before the speech. Eighty-three percent approved of Mr. Obama's proposals regarding Afghanistan, which received only a 57 percent approval rating beforehand."

Poll: High Marks for Obama's State of the Union Speech - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Got to love it. Hate on right wingers.
I see by your last line that Obama is successful in splitting the people and getting the left and right to hate each other. We are watching the beginning of the end for America.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:46 AM

10,032 posts, read 7,108,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
His speech was basically "trust me and I'll give you free crap". Of course that's going to resonate.

This....along with more hope & change pie in the sky pipe dreams and plenty of blame to go around for everyone except BHO himself.

Same stuff different day.....par for the course with the worst POTUS of all time. 1/20/13: The end of an error

Old 01-26-2012, 05:50 AM

3,384 posts, read 4,082,913 times
Obama speech was garbage. He rehashed old ideas that failed previously and tried to sell them again. He created more government, he played the blame game. He is tired and washed up and corrupt.

The thing is I think people are desperate now so they will believe anything that is sold to them. America has lost complete confidence in this man and his lack of leadership except for a few robots who will blindly follow him.

It is ironic that this speech rated at an 8th grade reading level. Maybe that is really all our "intelligent" President knows how to do. The only thing Obama is intelligent at is duping some of the people.

All I know is I can't wait for the election where he will be soundly voted out.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:52 AM

10,032 posts, read 7,108,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
No, his speech was "I'm sick of you right wingers especially the tea party holding up progress, playing political games, and trying to destroy america at every single chance you can. I'm done playing nice, I'm done bending over backwards for you, it's time to stop screwing around, listen to the american people, and get the country back on track."

This is the Obama voters have been waiting for

It is? You've been waiting all along for Obozo to blame others for his failures? Where have you been since 1/20/09?

Old 01-26-2012, 05:59 AM

13,703 posts, read 9,800,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
All I know is I can't wait for the election where he will be soundly voted out.
Since nearly 60% of Americans are wholly dependent upon government for their salaries, pensions or entitlements, it's pretty clear that the recipients outvote the donors.

And any candidate that does not pander to the recipient class will not be elected.

Ergo, the logical conclusion is that BHO will be re-elected, followed by a collapse of either the economy or the federal government.

The reasons are simple: Congress is borrowing MORE than it pays in interest on old debt. Which means it is doing what Bernie Madoff was sent to prison for doing. Furthermore, the national debt, in excess of 15 trillion dollars can never be repaid. Remember, a "dollar bill" is not a dollar. Pursuant to Title 12 USC Sec. 411, a "dollar bill" is an IOU, a debt. Debt cannot pay debt. Minus plus a minus is more minus.
The public debt, by law, computes to over 750 billion ounces of gold, stamped into coin. Problem #1: Fort Knox depository holds 147.4 million ounces. Problem #2 : World wide supply (2006 est.) is 5.3 billion ounces.
{Where IS the gold lent to Congress to substantiate the debt?}
At current mining rates, it would only take 87,000 years to mine enough gold -IF- the debt and interest were frozen right now.
To top this off, the validity of the public debt cannot be questioned, pursuant to clause 4, 14th amendment, USCON.

And as we all should know, the US CONstitution is the supreme law of the land.

Except that it has been bypassed / abridged / side stepped since 1933.
Senate Report 93-549
War and Emergency Powers Acts
"A majority of the people of the United States have lived all of their lives under emergency rule. For 40 years (as of the report 1933-1973), freedoms and governmental procedures guaranteed by the Constitution have, in varying degrees, been abridged by laws brought into force by states of national emergency."
----------------------------------------
Constitutional USA 1789 - 1933, R.I.P.
----------------------------------------

Old 01-26-2012, 06:02 AM

11,961 posts, read 12,814,273 times
Quote:
"This year, 82 percent of those who watched the speech said they approve of the president's plans for the economy, up from 53 percent who approved before the speech. Eighty percent said they approved of Mr. Obama's plans for the deficit -- in contrast to 45 percent before the speech. Eighty-three percent approved of Mr. Obama's proposals regarding Afghanistan, which received only a 57 percent approval rating beforehand."

Poll: High Marks for Obama's State of the Union Speech - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

I listened on the radio, followed by that creep from Indiana. Good grief! No wonder red states are so back assward if this is what leads them. Note the whining from Romney priming that speech too?

The whole lot of them, Gingrich included, could stand to take a bath and get a real job. I'm ashamed they call themselves Christian, male, and American. They're none of the above.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:05 AM

8,803 posts, read 7,559,898 times
Quote:

No one said he was a bad speaker.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:50 AM

5,330 posts, read 6,123,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
His speech was basically "trust me and I'll give you free crap". Of course that's going to resonate.
At least he didn't promise them the moon (base)!

Old 01-26-2012, 07:00 AM

17,107 posts, read 19,432,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
No, his speech was "I'm sick of you right wingers especially the tea party holding up progress, playing political games, and trying to destroy america at every single chance you can. I'm done playing nice, I'm done bending over backwards for you, it's time to stop screwing around, listen to the american people, and get the country back on track."

This is the Obama voters have been waiting for
Waiting for? LOL! Obama was already doing that years ago when he tried to force Obamacare on the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies