U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-26-2012, 07:07 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,255,137 times
Reputation: 9358

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Senate bill voted down:
Democratic bill to end oil subsidies is defeated in the Senate - CNN

House bill blocked:
Boehner rejects oil-subsidy vote - TheHill.com

Who cares about Solyndra? It's one of many companies that benefited from the funding for alternative fuels. George W Bush ran a failed oil business that pocketed many federal & state subsidies to oil companies, as have many other people in the oil & gas business. So what's your point?

Details of House Bill:
http://blumenauer.house.gov/images/s...Fact_Sheet.pdf

Read it. Educate yourself. The fact that you think paying taxes is proof that they didn't get subsidies shows how you little you know about both.
Ahh, see the facts are in the details because the Democratic bill called the ability to write off employee labor costs, a subsidy. ANYONE who knows ANYTHING about business knows a business expense is not a subsidy.

You got played for a fool!!

 
Old 01-26-2012, 07:09 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,255,137 times
Reputation: 9358
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I personally am waiting for the republicans to solve the unemployment problem since they now have control of the House, or at least propose a jobs bill that could get shot down. Especially since they have been so vocal in criticizing Obama for not doing so. You'd think they would want the credit to hang onto until the 2016 election, since they know they can't win in 2012.

I have a feeling I will be waiting a lot longer than 2016 for them to get off their asses and do what they got elected to do.
You'll be waiting till 3,000 for that to happen from anyone in government because government CAN NOT SOLVE THE UNEMPLOYMENT PROBLEM..
 
Old 01-26-2012, 07:12 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,255,137 times
Reputation: 9358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
So - today, Obama is a do-nothing empty-suit President. But I distinctly recall people clamoring that he's single-handedly destroyed the republic. Which seems a bit contradictory.

So, just out of curiosity - how do you pick a narrative at any given time?
Whats even odder is you keep telling us about how successful Obamas policies are while blaming the GOP for keeping them from passing into law.

Tell me how you pick your narrative because obviously both cant be true.
 
Old 01-26-2012, 07:27 PM
 
Location: Cape Coral
5,495 posts, read 6,076,285 times
Reputation: 2215
Same load of BS from Obama
Obama video captures the president repeating himself time after time by Andrew Malcolm - Investors.com
 
Old 01-26-2012, 07:34 PM
 
Location: Unperson Everyman Land
30,343 posts, read 19,971,646 times
Reputation: 8294
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Nope you'r wrong. What his biggest problem is, is that he's a nice guy and didn't crush the GOPers when he had the chance. I see Obama as a someone who attempts to create bipartisan solutions even after it has been proven the other side would rather drive the Union off a cliff than to cooperate with anything.

In his 2nd term I hope he grinds the GOP into little dust particles and blows them right out of this world into outerspace where they live anyway.


Been lost at sea the past three years?

The Republicans won a record number of seats in 2010 because the American people wanted to stop Obama.

As for Obama's bipartisan solutions, if you mean waiting until after the midterm election to cut a deal with the lame ducks to exchange tax cuts for billionaires in exchange for even more deficit spending, I have to say no thanks to the bipartisan efforts.
 
Old 01-26-2012, 07:42 PM
 
Location: Unperson Everyman Land
30,343 posts, read 19,971,646 times
Reputation: 8294
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
First state of the union viewed by 52 million people. Last nights show viewed by 37 million. What percentage of the 37 million viewers were democrats? I couldn't watch. I was having too much fun having someone stick tooth picks in my eye balls.


Viewership was down 12% because intellegent people have heard enough of his crap.

State of the Union Viewership Dips 12% - 2012-01-26 15:30:59 | Broadcasting & Cable
 
Old 01-26-2012, 07:45 PM
 
Location: Illinois Delta
5,763 posts, read 4,334,820 times
Reputation: 2060
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I personally am waiting for the republicans to solve the unemployment problem since they now have control of the House, or at least propose a jobs bill that could get shot down. Especially since they have been so vocal in criticizing Obama for not doing so. You'd think they would want the credit to hang onto until the 2016 election, since they know they can't win in 2012.

I have a feeling I will be waiting a lot longer than 2016 for them to get off their asses and do what they got elected to do.

Agreed; talk about welfare recipients! They are still paid, enjoy the kind of healthcare that they would deny the rest of America, and have healthy, secure retirement plans. Mitch McConnell laid out the GOP platform early on, and despite abyssmal ratings for Congress they seem to have nothing
to do beyond say, "Nay" every so often: They're sticking to the "One Term for Obama" mantra. Less than impressive and less than helpful to their constituents.
 
Old 01-26-2012, 07:46 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,924 posts, read 28,075,380 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Tell that to OBL
Yeah he is now saying that he killed bin Laden. He doesn't even admit that he only ordered it done. Listen carefully to him talking about it some time.
 
Old 01-26-2012, 07:50 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,924 posts, read 28,075,380 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
No wonder Jan Brewer lost it when she saw the President. The tides are turning against them and the Teabaggers know it. As Obama's re-election draws closer we'll see even more desperate things from the Teabaggers.
Does Jan Brewer belong to a Tea Party group? Surely you can prove that statement.
 
Old 01-26-2012, 07:59 PM
 
Location: St. Joseph Area
6,237 posts, read 8,436,135 times
Reputation: 3101
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yeah he is now saying that he killed bin Laden. He doesn't even admit that he only ordered it done. Listen carefully to him talking about it some time.
That would not bother you if Bush was the one giving the order. Obama gave the order. Good decision. The SEALS took Bin Laden out. Good action.

End of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top