Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 11:45 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times

Advertisements

Let them kill each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 11:46 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,191,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
MS-13 are from Central America.
MS-13 was formed in Los Angeles back in the 1980s. However, they do have a branch in El Salavador, and this branch is far more dangerous to the public than their American counterparts. It's so bad down there that it is illegal to display MS-13 membership.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:46 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm only nitpicking because you and others are generalizing.

And let's be real here, even those gangs you mentioned mostly go about their own business for the most part. Yes, they commit crimes, but when HAVEN'T we had gang related crime in this country? It's no worse now than it was before.

And i still say that if we stop with these dumb ass drug laws, we could kill most of this nonsense overnight.
I can agree with the part that I bolded...drug war has made millions of people rich...Tech contractors,Police and Defense contractors and consultants etc etc...they have big money lobbying groups so the politicians couldn't care less that it's a failure...they just think "show me the money".

Old 01-26-2012, 11:47 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
There are organized gangs in the military. Where do you think the members learn how to use automatic weapons?
It's not exactly difficult learning to use automatic weapons. My point is it would change some of them.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:48 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThrillIsGone View Post
Just because you repeat "gangs are less of a problem now" doesnt mean its right.

It means you have an opinion backed up by nothing.

So, you, GTFOH
LOL....man, some folks.

We're never going to be rid of gangs. Gangs are part of human existence. They've ALWAYS been here, and they'll continue to be here. People with a common cause, belief or value system, or a propensity to do bad things will always come together under some tag. Unlike you, i don't sit around whining about what isn't, but instead i deal with reality the way it is and keep it moving.

You may as well complain about eating, or breathing. Or, you can find someplace in the universe where humans don't exist and plant yourself there. But if you're going to be here, deal with it and stop crying.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:48 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
MS-13 was formed in Los Angeles back in the 1980s. However, they do have a branch in El Salavador, and this branch is far more dangerous to the public than their American counterparts. It's so bad down there that it is illegal to display MS-13 membership.
The most dangerous off shoots are now being used by the Mexican cartels...they will behead a child like it's nothing if it gets their point across...they have no souls.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:51 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,481 times
Quote:
MS 13 is the result of the Salvadoran civil war and failed immigration policies.

When Salvadorans came to the US some of their children learned this L.A. street gang mentality from the entrenched Mexican American gangs and it grew from there.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:56 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,191,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
End the drug war and the benefits of being a gang member will diminish greatly.
If that happens, they can find ways to control legit and legal businesses, like their more powerful and sophisticated cousins, the mafia or crime syndicates.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:59 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
If that happens, they can find ways to control legit and legal businesses, like their more powerful and sophisticated cousins, the mafia or crime syndicates.
Fine. And we'll combat that the best way we can. But the drug war adds another unnecessary layer that law enforcement has had ZERO success against stopping anyway.

And the drug war is the main reason for the violence, and it's the violence that we need to stop.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:00 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,168,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I can agree with the part that I bolded...drug war has made millions of people rich...Tech contractors,Police and Defense contractors and consultants etc etc...they have big money lobbying groups so the politicians couldn't care less that it's a failure...they just think "show me the money".
You forgot to mention the drug lords and the "mostly" american liberals who cannot seem to face the day without their high.

This little poll is about marijuana but you get my drift.

Record-High 50% of Americans Favor Legalizing Marijuana Use
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies