Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 07:25 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,362,622 times

Advertisements

I have noticed that those that lean left are the ones most likely to mock what they refer to as doom and gloomers. My definition of that would be a person who thinks we are already in hard times economically and it is very possible we are heading to another depression. And some of those people have taken measures for that event such as buying gold,guns and ammo,and stock piling food and other supplies.

Well guess what maybe we are not the ones wearing the tin foil hats because Soros a icon of the left sounds like he has joined our ranks :

Quote:
I am not here to cheer you up. The situation is about as serious and difficult as I’ve experienced in my career,” Soros tells Newsweek. “We are facing an extremely difficult time, comparable in many ways to the 1930s, the Great Depression. We are facing now a general retrenchment in the developed world, which threatens to put us in a decade of more stagnation, or worse. The best-case scenario is a deflationary environment. The worst-case scenario is a collapse of the financial system.”
That is some pretty good doom and glooming from Soros , Hmmm wonder why he is not excited about the stock market being up? or consumer confidence? or GM back to number1? Where is all the happy talk? He also talked about some civil unrest :

Quote:
Riots will hit the streets, says Soros, and as a result, “It will be an excuse for cracking down and using strong-arm tactics to maintain law and order, which, carried to an extreme, could bring about a repressive political system, a society where individual liberty is much more constrained, which would be a break with the tradition of the United States.”
That is amazing I thought that kind of talk was from right wing extremist wackos that had tin foil hats. So why do those that lean left not agree with Soros and the right wing wackos? Soros gives the perfect answer here:

Quote:
The collapse of the Soviet system was a pretty extraordinary event, and we are currently experiencing something similar in the developed world, without fully realizing what’s happening,” adds Soros.
There you have it people do not even see it coming, now who is wearing the tin foil hats?
George Soros predicts riots, police state and class war for America — RT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 07:30 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,429,756 times
Soros is a globalist. We have a global economy but we don't yet have a global political structure; one to "insure global peace and prosperity for all".

Old 01-26-2012, 07:31 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,621,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I have noticed that those that lean left are the ones most likely to mock what they refer to as doom and gloomers. My definition of that would be a person who thinks we are already in hard times economically and it is very possible we are heading to another depression. And some of those people have taken measures for that event such as buying gold,guns and ammo,and stock piling food and other supplies.

You're talking about "preppers."

"Doom and gloom", has nothing to do with gold, guns, or ammo. "Doom and gloom" just means you are bearish on economic growth.

Furthermore I don't really agree with your premise that left leaning people are more bullish than right leaning people.

Quote:
Well guess what maybe we are not the ones wearing the tin foil hats because Soros a icon of the left sounds like he has joined our ranks :

That is some pretty good doom and glooming from Soros , Hmmm wonder why he is not excited about the stock market being up? or consumer confidence? or GM back to number1? Where is all the happy talk? He also talked about some civil unrest :

That is amazing I thought that kind of talk was from right wing extremist wackos that had tin foil hats. So why do those that lean left not agree with Soros and the right wing wackos? Soros gives the perfect answer here:

There you have it people do not even see it coming, now who is wearing the tin foil hats?
George Soros predicts riots, police state and class war for America — RT
I read this yesterday; I was somewhat impressed. I haven't actually read anything from Soros before. All I really know about him is that conservatives go ballistic when they hear his name.

It's not that I like Soros, but it seems like the people who are vocal about disliking Soros are wingnuts living on their own little planet.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:31 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,586,628 times
Who cares what Soros says?

As for "gloom & doom", it has nothing to do with right and left, as either side is fully capable of being gloom/doomer. All one has to do is believe the world is going to hell.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:38 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,445,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
You're talking about "preppers."

"Doom and gloom", has nothing to do with gold, guns, or ammo. "Doom and gloom" just means you are bearish on economic growth.

Furthermore I don't really agree with your premise that left leaning people are more bullish than right leaning people.

I read this yesterday; I was somewhat impressed. I haven't actually read anything from Soros before. All I really know about him is that conservatives go ballistic when they hear his name.

It's not that I like Soros, but it seems like the people who are vocal about disliking Soros are wingnuts living on their own little planet.
As you have eluded to here, you know nothing about the man.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:39 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,429,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Who cares what Soros says?

As for "gloom & doom", it has nothing to do with right and left, as either side is fully capable of being gloom/doomer. All one has to do is believe the world is going to hell.
Because the man has money and clout, that's why.
His influence in politics can have far reaching consequences.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
As you have eluded to here, you know nothing about the man.
It is alluded; and did you have a point beyond what I already stated?

I've noticed a trend where people who hate Soros use the word globalist an awful lot, which is a red flag. As far as I can tell that word has no "proper" meaning, and is something conspiracy theorists use. These are the folks who think there's some secret group who is creating a one world government... LOL. In other words, people who don't know anything about politics.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:45 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,362,622 times
[
Quote:
quote=Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus;22715541]You're talking about "preppers."

Did you miss that I wrote this : My definition of that would be a person who thinks we are already in hard times economically and it is very possible we are heading to another depression

Quote:
Agreed he is a hero of the left, he wants taxes raised, funded OWS, etc etc. He is has been praised in many many threads in CD.

Quote:
[/quote]

Why would wing nuts like him? he is way on the other side of the political spectrum. But is Soros now a wing nut since he is a certified doom and gloomer?

Old 01-26-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
[
Did you miss that I wrote this : My definition of that would be a person who thinks we are already in hard times economically and it is very possible we are heading to another depression
Yeah, I saw that. Like I said, a depression has nothing to do with guns, gold, or ammo. These are not necessarily safe havens during a depression.

Quote:
Agreed he is a hero of the left, he wants taxes raised, funded OWS, etc etc. He is has been praised in many many threads in CD.
Do you have an example? I've literally never heard anyone say that they like him. I only hear people say they dislike him.

From what I read, he's an investor and an extremely successful capitalist who worked his way up from nothing. That alone ought to give him some credibility with the right, but evidently it has not.

Quote:
Why would wing nuts like him? he is way on the other side of the political spectrum. But is Soros now a wing nut since he is a certified doom and gloomer?
I don't know. Why would they dislike him? Because Fox News told them to?

Old 01-26-2012, 07:48 AM

576 posts, read 585,863 times
He's a shorter. He's looking to make more money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies