U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-26-2012, 05:11 PM
 
66,561 posts, read 30,370,727 times
Reputation: 8688

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Maybe in Venezuela. Not in this country.
The Civil Rights Act describes how carefully considered the issue of U.S. citizenship has always been in historical context:
Quote:
"Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That all persons born in the United States and not subject to any foreign power, excluding Indians not taxed, are hereby declared to be citizens of the United States"
American Experience | Reconstruction: The Second Civil War | Black Legislators | PBS

And here we have Chairman of the Judiciary Committee, Senator Trumbull, explaining EXACTLY what the 'subject to the jurisdiction thereof' clause means in the 14th Amendment:
Quote:
"What do we mean by ‘subject to the jurisdiction of the United States?’ Not owing allegiance to anybody else. That is what it means"
A Century of Lawmaking for a New Nation: U.S. Congressional Documents and Debates, 1774 - 1875

"not subject to any foreign power"

"not owing allegiance to anybody else"

Obama couldn't meet those requirements at birth. Neither could Rubio or Jindal. None of them are natural born citizens. Romney's status needs further examination and clarification.

Historical facts are what they are.

 
Old 01-26-2012, 05:11 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,666,162 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
According to you, a defender of obama at all costs, reason and excuse.
Watch and learn.
 
Old 01-26-2012, 05:13 PM
 
Location: Mexico City, formerly Columbus, Ohio
13,105 posts, read 13,502,526 times
Reputation: 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
There are two possibilities:
[1] BHO is legitimate and the challengers have no basis in fact nor law.
OR
[2] BHO is a fraud, and cannot rebut nor refute the facts in the record.

If [1], then BHO should have simply provided the necessary documents and rebutted the affidavits and testimony.

If [2], then the American people who were tricked into supporting BHO are victims of a massive hoax.

Who benefited by such a fraud, should be on your minds, and not how to smear those who diligently worked to uncover the fraud.

Of course, if you wish to be a party to the fraud, be my guest.
3. Birthers are retarded, paranoid *ssholes who can't accept who won the presidency.
 
Old 01-26-2012, 05:13 PM
 
7,541 posts, read 5,353,464 times
Reputation: 1833
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

I find the SS issue most interesting. If that is true, that he's using a fraudulent SS #, what say obama's supporters then?
why? we've already settled this.

Orly's claim is based on a public database search on the name "Obama" and it returned several records, for anyone with that last name (because in her mind, there is only one person in America with the last name of Obama).

Never mind that the database says that the records are not accurate, and that further research by the person on more accurate databases would be needed to be done.

She didn't that. She relied on her criminal friend, Susan Daniels, to commit identity fraud in order to access records she had no right to access.

Now, we have her admitting to committing this crime on record.
 
Old 01-26-2012, 05:15 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,666,162 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The Civil Rights Act describes how carefully considered the issue of U.S. citizenship has always been in historical context:
A statute cannot amend the Constitution.

And here is what judges tell us the Constitution says:

Quote:
Based upon the language of Article II, Section 1, Clause 4 and the guidance provided by Wong Kim Ark, we conclude that persons born within the borders of the United States are “natural born Citizens” for Article II, Section 1 purposes, regardless of the citizenship of their parents. Just as a person “born within the British dominions [was] a natural-born British subject” at the time of the framing of the U.S. Constitution, so too were those “born in the allegiance of the United States [] natural-born citizens.”
 
Old 01-26-2012, 05:15 PM
 
1,409 posts, read 2,154,031 times
Reputation: 1841
Interesting, but incomplete quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Several different accounts of what went on at the hearing, from people who were in the courtroom:

(presented under Fair Use)

(written by Carl Swensson)

UPDATE: From Plaintiff, in one of the Georgia challenges, Carl Swensson: To all my friends in battle,
The Judge pulled the lawyers for the three cases into chambers before it all began and advised them that he would be issuing a default judgment in our favor, since the Defense council failed to show, and wanted to end it there. We argued that all the evidence needed to be entered in to record so the Judge allowed for a speedy hearing where all evidence was entered into the court record. What that means is this… Any appeal, if one is even possible, would be based on the evidence provided by the lawyers in each case. ..... ......

Now we’re merely awaiting the publishing of this Judge’s ruling which, as previously stated, will be a Default Judgment. - Carl
You conveniently omitted the last sentence in the first paragraph. Here it is:

Both Van Irion and My lawyer, Mark Hatfield made certain that our cases and evidence in those two cases would be closed so as not to be affiliated, in any way, with “Birther” Orly Taitz. As expected, she was an embarrassment.

Is this the Birther way, to lie, forge, and omit any speck of truth or honesty? What satisfaction can be obtained from a lie? So many lives wasted in a fruitless effort to perpetuate a dominant white society.
 
Old 01-26-2012, 05:22 PM
 
Location: Mexico City, formerly Columbus, Ohio
13,105 posts, read 13,502,526 times
Reputation: 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Again the charge of "delusional" for anyone critical of Obama. Typical.
There are countless threads on C-D that are critical of Obama. Your argument is moronic.
 
Old 01-26-2012, 05:24 PM
 
Location: Mexico City, formerly Columbus, Ohio
13,105 posts, read 13,502,526 times
Reputation: 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The mantra: if you aren't an Obama supporter you're delusional...
No, you're delusional... when you're delusional. Supporting Obama doesn't really factor into that equation. If you're willing to believe in dumb things, you're going to get called out for it.
 
Old 01-26-2012, 05:25 PM
 
20,335 posts, read 9,879,284 times
Reputation: 4393
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
Both Van Irion and My lawyer, Mark Hatfield made certain that our cases and evidence in those two cases would be closed so as not to be affiliated, in any way, with “Birther” Orly Taitz. As expected, she was an embarrassment.
more evidence that the birthers will quickly break into two adversarial factions, pro-orly and anti-orly.
 
Old 01-26-2012, 05:25 PM
 
368 posts, read 803,017 times
Reputation: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I find the SS issue most interesting. If that is true, that he's using a fraudulent SS #, what say obama's supporters then?

He's using a fraudulent SS#?

I thought it was a fake birth certificate?

Or was it a genuine Kenyan birth certificate?

No.....I remember now, his dad wasn't a citizen, right?

That's the best part of being a birther, whenever one delusion gets shot down, you've got another one on standby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:09 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top