U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 01:05 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,475 posts, read 13,808,128 times

Advertisements

GINGRICH 2012

The family values tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Romney is a right-leaning centrist.

Independents are absolutely turned off by Obama. Romney leads Obama among independents in every poll I've seen. Polls also show that most Americans feel Obama is too liberal and that they trust Romney more than Obama on the economy.
Linkz plz. First I've heard this.

Fox news says Romney is unfit to be president.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...-be-president/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 01:07 PM

6,936 posts, read 7,241,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
Things are going from bad to worse (if that's possible) for the GOP......

"Let's just say right now what voters will be saying in November, once Barack Obama has been re-elected: Republicans deserve to lose."

Stephens: The GOP Deserves to Lose - WSJ.com
A scathing rebuke of the party, and accurate prediction that President Obama deserves to be re-elected.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:24 PM

14,969 posts, read 14,186,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
When Romney was Gov. of Mass. he was a right-leaning centrist. Look at the change in his positions since then. They've all gone lock-step to the far right along w/ the Republican narrative.

Any polling on Independents was based on Romney's pre-2012 campaign. In a couple weeks, when the true Mitt is presented to public, watch the Independent support for Romney plummet!

Lol @ Obama being too Liberal. The only people who think that are Republicans b/c that's the only way their narrative makes sense.
The true Mitt Romney is someone who created a lot more jobs than he cut. There has been polling of independents done very recently.

The percentage of Americans feel the Democratic Party is too liberal is greater than the percentage who feel the Republican Party is too conservative:

Near-Record 49% Say Democratic Party "Too Liberal"

Only 23% of Americans think Obama is a moderate according to this recent poll:

Americans See Views of GOP Candidates Closer to Their Own

Also, according to the poll I linked to above, Americans perceive Romney (and Paul) to be closest to themselves ideologically.

I get it - you're liberal. But most Americans are NOT. Most Americans are not center-left either.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:27 PM

14,969 posts, read 14,186,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
GINGRICH 2012

The family values tour.
I am not a Newt fan and probably would not vote for him.

Quote:

Why Romney's 'dog On Car Roof' Story Makes Him Unfit To Be President | Fox News
I am not a Fox News fan and don't care what they think.

Poll: Perry, Romney better than Obama for economy – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

http://www.gallup.com/poll/139877/ne...y-liberal.aspx

http://www.gallup.com/poll/151814/Am...PJqVyI.twitter

Old 01-26-2012, 01:34 PM

8,287 posts, read 11,811,567 times
As a Independent who voted for Obama how is he some "left leaning radical"? Reading the comments above it makes me wonder what kind of "bubble" do these posters live in? Obama to me is quite "centrist" so maybe the "right" should be looking how radical they are instead.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:45 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,711,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
When Romney was Gov. of Mass. he was a right-leaning centrist. Look at the change in his positions since then. They've all gone lock-step to the far right along w/ the Republican narrative.

Any polling on Independents was based on Romney's pre-2012 campaign. In a couple weeks, when the true Mitt is presented to public, watch the Independent support for Romney plummet!

Lol @ Obama being too Liberal. The only people who think that are Republicans b/c that's the only way their narrative makes sense.
You are looking at these characters from your own perspective. You are entitled to your opinion. From the perspective of a socially conservative, fiscally conservative, small government proponent (aka classical libera);

Mr romney is far too liberal. He cannot be counted upon to shrink the size and increase the efficiency of the federal government. Mr obama on the other hand is guaranteed to grow the government right along with it's crippling deficits.

You can call me "far right" but classical liberalism is just what the founders of the republic were. They never imagined a large powerful central government. After 8 years of war with such a government they knew what such a government was........a threat to individual liberties. I'll stand with the founders. You go ahead and stand with marx and collectivism.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:48 PM

22,367 posts, read 27,515,548 times
Quote:
GINGRICH 2012

The family values tour.

Why Romney's 'dog On Car Roof' Story Makes Him Unfit To Be President | Fox News
Fox News doesn't say that... Lanny Davis does. He is a contributor to Fox News but he does not speak for that station.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:49 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,711,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
As a Independent who voted for Obama how is he some "left leaning radical"? Reading the comments above it makes me wonder what kind of "bubble" do these posters live in? Obama to me is quite "centrist" so maybe the "right" should be looking how radical they are instead.
Again, it's a matter of perspective. Whatever else he is I also feel he's a much better campaigner than leader and he's not even come close to any of his campaign promises........especially the promise to unite us. We are farther apart than ever. Surely you and I can agree on that.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:51 PM

6,756 posts, read 3,392,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The true Mitt Romney is someone who created a lot more jobs than he cut. There has been polling of independents done very recently.

The percentage of Americans feel the Democratic Party is too liberal is greater than the percentage who feel the Republican Party is too conservative:

Near-Record 49% Say Democratic Party "Too Liberal"

Only 23% of Americans think Obama is a moderate according to this recent poll:

Americans See Views of GOP Candidates Closer to Their Own

Also, according to the poll I linked to above, Americans perceive Romney (and Paul) to be closest to themselves ideologically.

I get it - you're liberal. But most Americans are NOT. Most Americans are not center-left either.
Lol... I call myself a Liberal b/c I actually understand what the POLICY POSITIONS that define party lines are. The fact that most Americans say the GOP is closer to themselves shows how little Americans understand about political positions.

Look up polls on where Americans stand on:
  • tax reform, taxing the rich,
  • gay marriage
  • healthcare reform
  • tougher or weaker Gov't regulation on finance, the environment
  • marijuana laws
  • replacing SS or Medicare
  • intelligent design vs evolution
  • climate change
  • corporate personhood
Find those results and then explain to me why Americans side w/ Democrats on all those issues, yet think the GOP is closer to themselves. The GOP has branded themselves as something that Americans get behind b/c it's catchy, not b/c they agree w/ their positions.

When it comes to actual decisions that decide whether or not you're Liberal or Conservative... well look at the polls.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:55 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,475 posts, read 13,808,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Fox News doesn't say that... Lanny Davis does. He is a contributor to Fox News but he does not speak for that station.
So....I get it. Hey, does that mean the other articles on their web site also don't have their support.....or just this one. Do you think he held a gun to someone's head and make them put it on their site? That's definitely possible. Yeah, because, hey, why else would they put it there. It's not like an article posted on the news site miight actually have to be approved by the site. Probably just a fluke.

Man, I cracked myself up typing that.

P.S. For those that didn't get that.... articles have to be approved to be put on the site. Which means, once it's there.. he's speaking for something Fox approves of him saying. That would seem to be obvious. Wait, that IS obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies