U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2012, 03:01 PM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,368 posts, read 14,078,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Well, in the first place .... the government did tell parents their children had to drink milk in school, and whole milk. So, if the government is paying for the milk, or subsidizing it and whole milk is believed to be unhealthy for many children, then I think it's okay for it (the government) to say what's served. If you want whole milk and your school doesn't serve it ... bring your own. Pay for your own.
actually whole milk is more healthy

2% or even worse skim is higher in SUGAR, and the fats in whole milk help to BREAK THE SUGAR DOWN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 03:01 PM

3,502 posts, read 1,823,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yup..I don't care either. I do my own research. And even "bad stuff" in moderation isn't so bad.
I try really hard to avoid anything overly processed with tons of preservatives. That stuff is garbage, even in moderation. Fats, sugar, salt bring it on!!!

Old 01-26-2012, 03:03 PM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,368 posts, read 14,078,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
My niece and nephew can't get enough of milk. We go through about 2 Gallons of Milk every 1 1/2 weeks.
we go throgh a gallon in 2-3 days, at least 2 gallons a week

Old 01-26-2012, 03:06 PM

10,315 posts, read 11,244,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
For anyone who supports the war on drugs, don't say a damn word about whole milk being banned. You already support the government making decisions for people about what they put in their bodies.
Have you been reading this thread? Did you miss the part where about a million of us pointed out that the government is not, in fact, banning whole milk?

Old 01-26-2012, 03:21 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,475 posts, read 13,848,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
No this thread is about people complaining that big govt is not giving them a bigger variety of milk to choose from. I want my whole milk and I want it now and I want the govt to give it to me. Gimme gimme gimme
You nailed it.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:22 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,726,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
France, and the French government, have a really interesting relationship with food. They are serious about protecting the traditional regional dishes.
They are also serious about not having an obesity epidemic likethe one we have in the US.
France Obesity | America Obesity | France Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Ice cream is meant to have a fattier content than milk (and its actually required that Ice Cream, to be considered Ice cReam to contain at minimum 10% fat), and you don't eat ice cream everyday, however you should drink milk everyday (and the lower the fat, the better).
Um no. This is what my dumb teachers kept trying to ram (literally) down my throat. Human beings have no business drinking cow's milk. A very small percentage of humans are able to tolerate it. The vast majority of humans develop signs of sickness after drinking it. I think it is downright criminal to get kids to drink it if they are not your own. Who needs dumb teachers and well meaning strangers with no understanding of biology making your kids sick by convincing them that milk is good [sic] for them?

Old 01-26-2012, 03:24 PM

6,863 posts, read 3,427,993 times
..."how dare the gov't tell me what they can give me?"

Old 01-26-2012, 06:13 PM

2,490 posts, read 3,751,328 times
Whole milk contains all the vitamins, fats, nutrients and proteins children need for their bodies and bones to grow properly. Maybe if schools brought back longer recess times and mandatory PE classes, this obesity thing wouldn't be as much of an issue.

Non-fat milk is just a watered down version of real milk and doesn't contain everything a child needs.

Things like this are why we need to get the government out of our lives.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:52 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,726,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Whole milk contains all the vitamins, fats, nutrients and proteins children need for their bodies and bones to grow properly.
Yes and all they need to have gas, diarrhea, bloat and illness. No thank you.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:02 PM

2,490 posts, read 3,751,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Yes and all they need to have gas, diarrhea, bloat and illness. No thank you.
Um, I drink whole milk and I don't have any of those things. Get educated...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies