Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 01:06 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,110 times

Advertisements

USDA Bans Whole Milk in Schools. Rolls Out Major School Lunch Reforms. | Healthy Living - Yahoo! Shine

Yep. Government will tell your kids what they should eat and drink because obviously parents don't know anything. I heard that soon they will be asking you to turn over your kids to the government as soon as they are born, so that the government can raise them in the best way possible. Parents suck. Government knows best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 01:09 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
There's just no sense crying over banned milk.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:12 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
USDA Bans Whole Milk in Schools. Rolls Out Major School Lunch Reforms. | Healthy Living - Yahoo! Shine

Yep. Government will tell your kids what they should eat and drink because obviously parents don't know anything. I heard that soon they will be asking you to turn over your kids to the government as soon as they are born, so that the government can raise them in the best way possible. Parents suck. Government knows best!
Well, in the first place .... the government did tell parents their children had to drink milk in school, and whole milk. So, if the government is paying for the milk, or subsidizing it and whole milk is believed to be unhealthy for many children, then I think it's okay for it (the government) to say what's served. If you want whole milk and your school doesn't serve it ... bring your own. Pay for your own.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:13 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:

I think Government is actually telling themselves what they can serve.

That may be different than what you are claiming.

Think on it and get back to us

Old 01-26-2012, 01:15 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Why does anyone need to drink whole milk. And why would any parent care if their kids drink 1 or 2% milk.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:15 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Harmful "fat" in whole milk so get rid of it.
But still ok for food with HFCS ?

Old 01-26-2012, 01:17 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Thumbs down huh?

Quote:

Kids don't have to eat school lunch.

Ever heard of a lunchbox?

Why would anyone object to the Government serving healthier food to their kids, if their kids are going to eat Government food?

Old 01-26-2012, 01:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why does anyone need to drink whole milk. And why would any parent care if their kids drink 1 or 2% milk.
I guess it's what you grew up with. I grew up with whole milk and anything else tastes like watered down milk.

And if you've ever had fresh milk (like right from the cow and chilled) ..OMG it's like drinking a vanilla shake..absolutely the best. I've only had that type of milk twice..I knew my farmer.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:19 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Why would anyone object to the Government serving healthier food to their kids, if their kids are going to eat Government food?
Because they love to complain about petty things.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:19 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
And how many people who do have also found themselves saying that only certain kinds of foods should be able to be bought with foot stamps/EBT/etc?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies