U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 04:54 PM

20,978 posts, read 16,174,448 times

Advertisements

She's old and fat. Oh...and wealthy.

Go away already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 04:55 PM

12,172 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
She is 65 years old, why shouldn't she want to slow down?

The job she has now is particularly grueling, living out of a suitcase isn't easy at any age.

Why does everything always have to be a conspiracy?
I don't think it's a conspiracy. She has done a pretty good job representing America during a rough period. Given her ambition, I'm just surprised. When she was running for President she indicated that she would love to serve two terms like Bill did, because four years was not enough time to get things done. Two years ago she stated there was still a lot of unfinished business.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:00 PM

22,243 posts, read 15,230,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Interesting development. I'm trying to figure out the angle. There is always an angle.

Hillary Clinton says she
I doubt there is an "angle". She wants a break. Who can blame her, I don't know why any of them do it. Now, 2016 isn't that far away, and she certainly has the credentials and popularity. That could be the time for another Clinton in the WH.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:06 PM

15,029 posts, read 13,302,254 times
Quote:
I don't think it's a conspiracy. She has done a pretty good job representing America during a rough period. Given her ambition, I'm just surprised. When she was running for President she indicated that she would love to serve two terms like Bill did, because four years was not enough time to get things done. Two years ago she stated there was still a lot of unfinished business.
Sounds like she isn't going to totally retire.....just serve as she chooses on her own terms at her own pace.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:19 PM

21,114 posts, read 14,175,815 times
I'll bet that, if she was called, she would still be willing to serve as VP.

Hillary has been the person most responsible for turning our international status around from the laughing stock we became during the Bush years. We are once again seen as the leader America has been for a century. It's no surprise to me that she is weary- all of our best Secretaries of State have burned out in one term. It's a tense, unrelenting, exhausting job.

I hope that offering her the VP spot will happen. Whoever the next Secretary of State is will have to have a lot of stamina and courage, as we are now entering a period where diplomacy will be harder than ever, and more critically needed.
Having Hillary as a wise advisor and a back-up would be very good for the new Sec. of State and our nation. We still need her expertise for a while, and being the VP is not nearly so demanding.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:19 PM

14,078 posts, read 17,573,399 times
I never cared for Hillary or Bill and the thought of her in the White House sends chills up my spine.

However, I have to admit she's been a stellar Secretary of State. It seems as though that's the job she was born to. Frankly, I'm more than a little surprised at how well she's soldiered for the President, given the acrimony of their campaigns in '08 and her unbridled ambition, but she's proved herself worthy of the office of SecState.

Hat's off to Hillary for a job well done.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:20 PM

62,323 posts, read 33,992,473 times
Quote:
Interesting development. I'm trying to figure out the angle. There is always an angle.

Hillary Clinton says she
Hillary out, Bill in.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:30 PM

9,739 posts, read 8,007,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
She has done a great job as Secretary of State. She is undoubtedly exhausted from her tireless efforts and should be congratulated on a job very well done.
She was laughed at all over the world. Whenever she enters a room the people look behind her waiting to see if Bill was there.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:33 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,350,895 times
Quote:

Hillary Clinton says she
Ideally, I would like to see her switch places with Joe Biden. I think she would be very effective as Vice President (although she has done an excellent job as Secretary of State) and Joe Biden always seems more fit as a Secretary of State to me.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:34 PM

15,029 posts, read 13,302,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
She was laughed at all over the world. Whenever she enters a room the people look behind her waiting to see if Bill was there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies