U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you view Maturo's comment?
Racist and unacceptable 19 17.27%
In bad taste, but not racist 34 30.91%
Just a joke. People need to lighten up 57 51.82%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 10:03 PM

4,112 posts, read 3,811,908 times

Advertisements

poor taste
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 10:14 PM

224 posts, read 192,123 times
May not have been the most appropriate thing to say. But wasn't raciest.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:51 PM

4,923 posts, read 4,081,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Its alway great to hear from people who don't have to worry about being racially profiled. I would expect you to be ok with it. Just so you know, for us minorities, we aren't going to like it, but me saying that doesn't matter to you because you are white and will never be harrased by police because of the color of your skin. If you want to know why the race card is still being played, its because we still have racism.
HEY .. "FRIEND"!

It is quite obvious that you haven't 'bothered' to check out ANY of my other postings!

You're ASSuming (and whining) (again)!
You have 'no clue' and Don't even know Who you are talking to!

Minority Racists ALWAYS think that Every minority will side with them .. simply BECAUSE they are minority racists!

You picked the Wrong person AND the wrong COLOR to try your garbage on .. my friend!

(You feel any better after this 'spanking'!?)

Old 01-27-2012, 10:56 PM

373 posts, read 520,814 times
Did he have a right to say it?...YES Do the illegals have a right not to like it?.NO they dont seem to understand that as illegals they dont have a right to do anything here.not even complain...thats how it works

Old 01-27-2012, 11:14 PM

3,421 posts, read 2,583,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
HEY .. "FRIEND"!

It is quite obvious that you haven't 'bothered' to check out ANY of my other postings!

You're ASSuming (and whining) (again)!
You have 'no clue' and Don't even know Who you are talking to!

Minority Racists ALWAYS think that Every minority will side with them .. simply BECAUSE they are minority racists!

You picked the Wrong person AND the wrong COLOR to try your garbage on .. my friend!

(You feel any better after this 'spanking'!?)
If you thinking that was a spanking allows you to feel better about yourself, than i'm happy for you.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:16 PM

3,421 posts, read 2,583,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconman View Post
Did he have a right to say it?...YES Do the illegals have a right not to like it?.NO they dont seem to understand that as illegals they dont have a right to do anything here.not even complain...thats how it works
If you are going to insult an ethnic community, don't get upset when you get heat for it. If you don't have a problem dishing it out, you shouldn't have a problem taking it also.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:03 AM

47,576 posts, read 60,475,092 times
For one -- "hispanic" isn't even a race.

And what is an "hispanic" issue that a politician must address? Why are politicians expected to work only for the "latino" community? If a politician works for the entire community wouldn't "latinos" benefit?

Everything now is about bowing down to illegals -- because the "hispanic" issues is all about illegal immigration and making everything in Spanish for them. Giving people who have no respect for our laws everything they could want that they would not work for back home.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:05 AM

47,576 posts, read 60,475,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingObeat View Post
May not have been the most appropriate thing to say. But wasn't raciest.
What would have been appropriate for him to say? That he was going to ignore the American community and cater to only the hispanic issues?

That's about the only thing the La Raza types will accept. Screw the taxpayers, they want their government handouts.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:28 AM

66,158 posts, read 33,583,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Like someone born and raised in Mexico, now here illegally and you call them a Mexican... They get offended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I know, it must be awful you can't offend anybody these days. I bet you would love to go back to the 1950's where you can make racist statements about any minorities and not worry about people getting upset.

So, Mexican = Racism?

You are Racist for calling me an American!

Old 01-28-2012, 09:28 AM

7,465 posts, read 3,945,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
A border agent is standing at this country's borders .. who or what 'race' is he noticing as the majority .. streaming across .. illegally?

Can you give an 'honest' answer to the race he notices the most!?

Are you guilty of Profiling?
(I'm assuming that you aren't a lying, insane liberal )

(I'm probably going to be sorry that I assumed )

2nd .. A TSA (and all of this is assuming that the TSA isn't a whining and Politically Correct liberal democrat) .. The TSA has to choose between a little old lady and a Middle Eastern, wearing the latest Trendy Tunic and Hijab, carrying the latest Fashionable, Prayer Rug under one arm and about to board a plane.

Which one do YOU believe he should strip to their shorts?

(Notice I didn't say black/white or L-A-T-I-N-O, little old lady )

Yes, yes .. I know what's coming next .. (A link to show that Whitey is more likely to be a terrorist!)

Thing is .. We are 'trying' to be honest here!

Sad!
We didn't Racial Profile in the '1950's' .. we Discriminated!

Allow me to clarify things for you ..
Profiling is assuming someone acts one way b/c of their race.
Racism is disliking someone BECAUSE of their race.
That is an incorrect definition of Racism. In fact you definition of Profiling is closer to the definition of racism.

Racism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

: racial prejudice or discrimination
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or