Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 03:33 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,947,956 times

Advertisements

OMG...some people are such wing nuts. Making death threats or even joking about the death of the POTUS is not a good idea, period. I am not sure why some people feel the need to compare the number of death threats between one POTUS and another. Really, who cares? On top of that, the same people that are bringing Bush into this dicussion about Obama are the ones who get upset when Bush is brought up in other discussions that pertain to things that happened during his administration that we are still dealing with today.

I see that the mean frothing at the mouth old angry whack jobs are here insulting Obama or talking about flags and free speech. This is disgraceful. I don't care if you don't like him or his policies. Your inability to show compassion and your disregard for another human's life, shows a character defect and lack of morals. You may not like the job that he is doing as POTUS, but he is still a husband and a father. Some of you are so consumed with hatred. As much as this disgusts me, I actually feel bad for some of you. You have to be a very miserable person to feel this way.

I don't care what POTUS is in office, wrong is wrong. You won't find me in a thread making cracks or bashing any POTUS in a discussion like this. Some of you crazy fringe whackos should be ashamed of yourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 03:33 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,458 times
where they can get the cop and get him fired is for him supplying the guns to the kids in the photos.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:37 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,365,792 times
Most people don't have a clue why they love Obama, they just parrot things they hear.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:55 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,549,693 times
Sarene, wish I could rep you, but I can't!

Old 01-28-2012, 06:08 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,501,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
https://www.google.com/search?q=KILL...w=1394&bih=696

Can some of you who are chastising those in the T-shirt story show me a single post of yours in which you say the same thing about any of the pics at the above link?

Just one?

One has to be careful with stuff like this, and really it should be avoided altogether - regardless of intent - as threatening the President is a crime in and of itself. But I saw WAY, WAY more direct threats to Bush than I've seen to Obama.

So come on, Obama supporters, dig up that old post of yours that condemns any of the photos in the google images link, and lay it on us. Show us that you're not the hypocrite we all think you are.
Bush's protesters were arrested for a lot less.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:10 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,914,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, it's one thing to make an abstract reference like a bullet riddled cartoon donkey or elephant. When you use an actual likeness or put a real persons name on the shirt....whether it's Obama, Newt, your ex-girlfriend, a neighbor you don't like, Eli Manning or whomever.....you've just crossed a line.

Seriously stoooopid. Enjoy talking to the secret service morons.

P.S. There have been enough politicians etc. shot over the years would that be potentially considered some sort of violation of the law in terms of threat or intimidation?
So, it is ok to target practice as long as the targets look in now way like a real person, is that it? Or is your point just not a POTUS?

Since some of these include images of real people are you saying these cross the line?

Law Enforcement Targets, Inc. - Trident Concepts

or are abstract targets like these the only ones you think are acceptable, thus, not "crossing the line?

Free Targets Printable Shooting Rifle Pistol Shotgun Archery Range Bull's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
where they can get the cop and get him fired is for him supplying the guns to the kids in the photos.
What a bizzaro post! There is nothing illegal about kids target shooting nor with having the firearms available for them to do so with supervision as was the case here. The stupidity was for LE LE officer to post it on Facebook, nothing more.

Seriously folks, get your panties out of a wad.

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 01-28-2012 at 06:18 PM..

Old 01-28-2012, 06:22 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,558,961 times
big deal, they used it for target practice. It's a joke. Remember when Hollywood made a movie about the assissination of President George W Bush? That was a a horrible thing to do, particularly during his Presidency, and could have had serious ramifications. How much is it going to cost us to investigate some young kids having some fun. This is ridiculous.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:54 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
big deal, they used it for target practice. It's a joke. Remember when Hollywood made a movie about the assissination of President George W Bush? That was a a horrible thing to do, particularly during his Presidency, and could have had serious ramifications. How much is it going to cost us to investigate some young kids having some fun. This is ridiculous.
As much as I disliked Dubya and never voted for him I do remember that film and was quite horrified. At the same time this is a dispicabble act.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:43 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,947,956 times
Fixed it for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Most people don't have a clue why they hate Obama, they just parrot things they hear.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:45 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,657,367 times
Shooting a t-shirt and then taking pictures of it is protected by the First Amendment. It may be a tasteless thing to do, but that doesn't mean it should be illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies