U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 10:52 AM

6,899 posts, read 6,553,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Why the double standard? Also, how does Obama know what is a good investment? How am I to take him seriously when he keeps "investing" in these insolvent and bankrupt green companies, for example?

Personally, I would rather invest and Gamble at home than waste money in other nations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 10:54 AM

86,093 posts, read 72,139,549 times
The Fedgov probably would have better odds if they used our money to buy lotto tickets from the various states than what they are currently spending our money on.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:56 AM

31,943 posts, read 16,413,336 times
Well, it was the major conservative project of the last decade to spend money on bombing stuff in Iraq, than rebuilding it. Which seems just a bit wasteful to me.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:07 AM

31,777 posts, read 24,769,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Well, it was the major conservative project of the last decade to spend money on bombing stuff in Iraq, than rebuilding it. Which seems just a bit wasteful to me.
Well, it was always meant to be only a $50 billion "investment", per another republican darling, "fiscal conservative", Mitch Daniels who was budget chief under Bush at the time.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:51 PM

506 posts, read 466,242 times
It's simple really... when conservatives spend money, it's spent on legitimate functions of government (i.e. defense, border security, infrastructure, etc.). When liberals spend money, it's spent on buying votes or repaying their campaign contributors (i.e. welfare, public sector unions, subsidies to green energy companies, paybacks to zillionaires, etc.).

Old 01-27-2012, 12:57 PM

6,899 posts, read 6,553,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
It's simple really... when conservatives spend money, it's spent on legitimate functions of government (i.e. defense, border security, infrastructure, etc.). When liberals spend money, it's spent on buying votes or repaying their campaign contributors (i.e. welfare, public sector unions, subsidies to green energy companies, paybacks to zillionaires, etc.).

You know what? You are Absolutely Right on the first part, conservatives do spend money on , Foreign Government (i.e Foreign defense, foreign border security, foreign infrastructure, foreign nation building).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or