Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 11:54 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,083,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
During an extended trip last fall, which included India, I was shocked to see restaurants present menu cards (usually in English) with the menu repeated in Russian. This was in state of Goa, which has become an extremely attractive option to Russians fleeing from their country. And it usually involves the whole family. This is Putinization of Russia at work, a guy, who clearly gets more respect by America’s “conservatives” than by these Russians.
My dad lives in an area in Brooklyn that is now mostly inhabited by Russians. They too have fled, although, many have come to milk the systems here, but that a story for another thread. I cannot understand how the ones that remain, allow Putin to rule the roost. There is the corruption factor as I've truly never seen a more corrupt minded populace.

If Putin were here, he would most definitely be a member of the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 12:02 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,326,676 times
It's simple really...if you want to win a Russian presidential election, you need to speak ill of the USA. The Russian people loathe our government.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:05 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,904,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
It's simple really...if you want to win a Russian presidential election, you need to speak ill of the USA. The Russian people loathe our government.
Putin could not care less abouta ny elections there, he is aready Dictator there, the people there, and some here, are simply too stupid to know it.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
But it has not stopped the ones that migrate here from milking it and setting up the largest Mafia presence that this country has ever seen.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:27 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,084,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
You are a true American patriot their, Comrade.
I'm supposed to come to Barack Obama's defense just because the Russian President doesn't trust him?

LOL

Keep up the good work. Obama will lavish you with all kinds of handouts for your loyal service to him!

Old 01-27-2012, 12:32 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,950,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'm supposed to come to Barack Obama's defense just because the Russian President doesn't trust him?

LOL
Of course not, because Putin didn't say anything about Obama. It was you who somehow tried to link something to the President. Not the linked article, not any other poster, just you.

Is reading comprehension not a strength of yours or does the ODS you suffer from impair your cognitive abilities?

Old 01-27-2012, 12:34 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,084,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Of course not, because Putin didn't say anything about Obama. It was you who somehow tried to link something to the President. Not the linked article, not any other poster, just you.

Is reading comprehension not a strength of yours or does the ODS you suffer from impair your cognitive abilities?
So talking about America has nothing to do with it's leadership?

LOL

Keep posting....I love a good laugh...especially on Fridays!

Old 01-27-2012, 12:37 PM

78,016 posts, read 60,232,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
But it has not stopped the ones that migrate here from milking it and setting up the largest Mafia presence that this country has ever seen.
FYI- Historically in this country the mafia was heavily entrenched with the Democrats and unions. Heck, the departing Whitehouse chief of staff (Daley)...and his family are entrenched in mob ties in Chicago pre-dating the civil rights marches.

I know you like Putin to a republican but there is very little difference between reps and dems.

Truman got into office with the help of the pendergrast machine in KC.....we could go on and on and on....

Old 01-27-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
He doesn't trust Barack Obama. Neither do millions of Americans. The nice thing is that neither will have to worry about it anymore beyond November.
Ah yes, because the frontrunners for the GOP nomination are so trustworthy. We all know that Gingrich is a man of such high moral and ethical standards. Interesting thing is that if nothing else, the right has not been able to attack Obama on his fidelity and integrity to his wife and family. Must be burning their butts. Lets' consult with Bush about Putin, after all, he did look into the guy's soul

Better brace yourself, Obama will most likely be in The Oval Office for another term.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
FYI- Historically in this country the mafia was heavily entrenched with the Democrats and unions. Heck, the departing Whitehouse chief of staff (Daley)...and his family are entrenched in mob ties in Chicago pre-dating the civil rights marches.

I know you like Putin to a republican but there is very little difference between reps and dems.

Truman got into office with the help of the pendergrast machine in KC.....we could go on and on and on....
I'm not talking about the Italian Mafia. I'm talking about the Russian Mafia. After years of witnessing what has transpired as they migrated down from Brighton Beach (Moscow on The Hudosn) into other areas of Brooklyn, I could write a book. The corruption and crime I am referring to has nothing to do with unions or political parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies