U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-27-2012, 10:32 AM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
20,017 posts, read 15,727,946 times
Reputation: 3745

Advertisements

socialism is for the people, not the Socialists







Hugo Chavez's Daughter Poses With US Dollars, Sparking Controversy | Fox News

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-27-2012, 10:37 AM
 
29,743 posts, read 16,439,768 times
Reputation: 13819
Quote:
socialism is for the people, not the Socialists
Historically this has been the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2012, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
20,017 posts, read 15,727,946 times
Reputation: 3745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Historically this has been the case.
But the US is special. It can work here if you have enough feel good pixie dust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2012, 10:57 AM
 
50,633 posts, read 26,718,760 times
Reputation: 15846
What's the point here?

There are tons of socialist styled nations on this Earth...most have wealthy people living in them. The fact that Chavez has money or is rich is some sort of anomaly?

His daughter is posing with some cash (i can't really see the denominations all that well)....big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2012, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
20,017 posts, read 15,727,946 times
Reputation: 3745
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What's the point here?

There are tons of socialist styled nations on this Earth...most have wealthy people living in them. The fact that Chavez has money or is rich is some sort of anomaly?

His daughter is posing with some cash (i can't really see the denominations all that well)....big deal.
Did you read the article?

(In before "I won't read Fox stuff")
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2012, 11:06 AM
 
50,633 posts, read 26,718,760 times
Reputation: 15846
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Did you read the article?

(In before "I won't read Fox stuff")
Obviously i read the article. Again, Venezuela has a hell of a lot of wealthy people. She has hard to obtain dollars...big deal. I'm pretty sure that every wealthy family in Venezuela can get their hands on a bunch of dollars because that's what wealthy people do.

And why would i say that i "won't read Fox stuff?" Where in the hell did you get that from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2012, 11:08 AM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
20,017 posts, read 15,727,946 times
Reputation: 3745
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Obviously i read the article.
Then you should have realized that the Socialists have what the people don't. That is the theme of the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2012, 11:08 AM
 
3,502 posts, read 1,820,860 times
Reputation: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Obviously i read the article. Again, Venezuela has a hell of a lot of wealthy people. She has hard to obtain dollars...big deal. I'm pretty sure that every wealthy family in Venezuela can get their hands on a bunch of dollars because that's what wealthy people do.

And why would i say that i "won't read Fox stuff?" Where in the hell did you get that from?
Slow day in news when a photo of a 14 year old is a top story. I don't understand the signficance of the story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2012, 11:16 AM
 
50,633 posts, read 26,718,760 times
Reputation: 15846
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Then you should have realized that the Socialists have what the people don't. That is the theme of the thread.
Again sir...several socialist nations have millionaires and even billionaires. Why should Venezuela be any different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2012, 11:17 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
12,764 posts, read 7,824,529 times
Reputation: 13083
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Then you should have realized that the Socialists have what the people don't. That is the theme of the thread.
So, the top 1% of the USA has what the bottom 99% don't...

Is there any news here?

Oh, yeah, I suppose by those standards the very wealthy in this country must be Socialists..!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top