Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 05:36 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
HIV doesn't transmit through saliva.
You know--you're right. I thought you were wrong, and I looked it up. The last time I paid much attention to AIDS transmission information was in the 80s when I was 20 something, and at that time it wasn't clear, and they assumed all body fluids were an issue. Thanks for correcting me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 06:01 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,295,500 times
I want to see this man's birth certificate. He clearly knows too much about Africa, so he must secretly have been born there.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:07 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Let's see if this nutjob really stands behind his statements. If he is heterosexual, he should have no problem receiving an injection directly into the bloodstream of a syringe full of the HIV virus. Think of it as a modern version of the Salem witch trials. If he ends up with AIDS, then he must have lied about being heterosexual.
CROWD:
Burn her! Burn! Burn her! Burn her!
BEDEVERE:
How do you know she is a witch?
VILLAGER #2:
She looks like one.
CROWD:
Right! Yeah! Yeah!

Old 01-27-2012, 06:08 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
You all are scientifically ignorant if you think that you can totally discount "a man screwing a monkey". The senator from Tenn is ignorant only because of his dismissal of all other modes of transmission. His other assertions further ouline his ignorance, however.

You all are guilty of the same close-minded dismissiveness as the senator.

Oh good lord. I'd link some epidemiological studies on the origins of HIV but somehow I think it would be wasted on you.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:22 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,549,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You know--you're right. I thought you were wrong, and I looked it up. The last time I paid much attention to AIDS transmission information was in the 80s when I was 20 something, and at that time it wasn't clear, and they assumed all body fluids were an issue. Thanks for correcting me.

For the record, there are 4 bodily fluids that can readily transmit HIV....

* blood
* semen
* vaginal fluid
* breast milk

Experts say that it would take one or more gallons of saliva consumed in one sitting to produce enough of the virus for infection.

Back on topic... Tennessee Senator Stacey Campfield is clearly an idiot.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:30 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post

For the record, there are 4 bodily fluids that can readily transmit HIV....

* blood
* semen
* vaginal fluid
* breast milk

Experts say that it would take one or more gallons of saliva consumed in one sitting to produce enough of the virus for infection.

Back on topic... Tennessee Senator Stacey Campfield is clearly an idiot.
Which, as I posted , would make him a perfect Republican candidate....well, maybe he's not as goofy or stupid as Rick or Newt but they're both pretty much out of the picture so the Repugs have an opening...

Old 01-27-2012, 08:46 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Unbelievable. He also says that homosexuality is "glorified", gay kids aren't bullied, and that kids can become gay just by telling them about homosexuality.

This guy certainly lives up to the stereotype of today's Neanderthal Republican. Maybe we should expect to see him running for President in 2016.

Stacey Campfield, Tennessee Senator Behind 'Don't Say Gay' Bill, On Bullying, AIDS And Homosexual 'Glorification'
So let me get this right. Since Stacey knows about gays now, he is now converted to gay? The gene pool and hetero women are breathing a sigh of relief he's changed sides. Good luck to you AUM. Y'all are gonna need it.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:53 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
You all are scientifically ignorant if you think that you can totally discount "a man screwing a monkey".
It's a cultural thing, irish. Most city dwellers are naive. They don't grasp that a wife could be socially compelled to have sex with a kennel of dogs like in arkansas. Although I do wonder about those blue laws in vermont prohibiting mules in bathtubs. Sounds fishy.

So what exactly are those lonely bachelor farmers in montana doing with those sheep?

Old 01-27-2012, 08:56 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Unbelievable. He also says that homosexuality is "glorified", gay kids aren't bullied, and that kids can become gay just by telling them about homosexuality.

This guy certainly lives up to the stereotype of today's Neanderthal Republican. Maybe we should expect to see him running for President in 2016.

Stacey Campfield, Tennessee Senator Behind 'Don't Say Gay' Bill, On Bullying, AIDS And Homosexual 'Glorification'
"My understanding is that it is virtually -- not completely, but virtually -- impossible to contract AIDS through heterosexual sex...very rarely [transmitted]."

Heterosexual AIDS(BP-411E)

The World Health Organization estimates that heterosexual transmission has accounted for 75% of the HIV infections in adults world-wide.

Some humans are just too stupid for words.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:26 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
It's a cultural thing, irish. Most city dwellers are naive. They don't grasp that a wife could be socially compelled to have sex with a kennel of dogs like in arkansas. Although I do wonder about those blue laws in vermont prohibiting mules in bathtubs. Sounds fishy.

So what exactly are those lonely bachelor farmers in montana doing with those sheep?
Something baaaaad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies