Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 12:34 AM

37,126 posts, read 42,189,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
AIDS had to originate somehow. If not by monkey sex, how?
I hope this poster is religious...this needs to be on FSTDS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 12:47 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
One of my dearest friends is HIV positive, and he wasn't even "sleeping around" when it was contracted... he was in what he thought was a monogamous relationship (with a man), but his partner had an affair with somebody who was positive.

It's really sad to think about, but luckily he's doing great on the meds - all of his counts were healthy at his last checkup, and he takes pretty good care of himself otherwise. Thankfully it's no longer a death sentence, at least not in countries with decent healthcare, so I'm hoping he will live a nice, long life.
Our friend also is a gay male, don't want to ask him the details of how he got it. Just do not want to go there.

Saw him 2 weeks ago at a party for some friends of ours, and he looks remarkably well for what he has gone thru.
The meds i have to say do help, thank goodness for them.
I hope your friend as well as our does live a long healthier life.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:54 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
So any sexfenes out here, learn a lesson, going to play, play with protection!

Old 01-28-2012, 01:57 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Unbelievable. He also says that homosexuality is "glorified", gay kids aren't bullied, and that kids can become gay just by telling them about homosexuality.

This guy certainly lives up to the stereotype of today's Neanderthal Republican. Maybe we should expect to see him running for President in 2016.

Stacey Campfield, Tennessee Senator Behind 'Don't Say Gay' Bill, On Bullying, AIDS And Homosexual 'Glorification'
So what is next for this idiot? The world is flat? Evolution is fake? The Sun revolves around the Earth?
It really doesn't surprise me since "Science" to Conservatives is the "Devil's Playground"!
Having known 5 people who have died from AIDS since the 1980s only one was Gay.
I currently have friend who has been HIV positive since 1997 and is in good health. He takes very good care of himself and his biggest concern now is that he's diabetic and needs to lose some weight.
Some people on this board need a sex ed class as well!

Old 01-28-2012, 03:23 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Our friend also is a gay male, don't want to ask him the details of how he got it. Just do not want to go there.

Saw him 2 weeks ago at a party for some friends of ours, and he looks remarkably well for what he has gone thru.
The meds i have to say do help, thank goodness for them.
I hope your friend as well as our does live a long healthier life.
Not only that, the meds can lower your viral load to such low levels that you cannot transmit the virus. It really is a remarkable advance, and having a huge impact on lowering rates of new infections all over the world.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:59 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,085 times
Is the OP denying a homosexual never, ever sodomized a monkey?

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-28-2012 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: inappropriate

Old 01-28-2012, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Is the OP denying a homosexual never, ever sodomized a monkey?
Is it any wonder that you live in Mississippi with that comment like that?

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-28-2012 at 08:34 AM..

Old 01-28-2012, 04:12 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Is it any wonder that you live in Mississippi with that comment like that?
Mississippi has nothing to do with this subject. I can quote Thomas Jefferson when he wrote sodomites are more dangerous to society than a man having sex with a cow.

We were told in an aids briefing the disease sprung to humans when a homosexual had sex with a monkey. The class was on a army base.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:18 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,131,647 times
It just goes to show the world that stupidity has no boundaries. Not only can certain historically animal diseases be passed by a bite but as with the case in China with Bird Flu jump species through close contact.
I find it very hard to believe that any primate would have the poor taste or lack of good judgement to have sex with a human.
It's so heart warming to see how a well read, educated, up to date on the facts person can represent the state of TN. To think I almost moved there, phew glad I didnt.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Mississippi has nothing to do with this subject. I can quote Thomas Jefferson when he wrote sodomites are more dangerous to society than a man having sex with a cow.

We were told in a class aids began when a homosexual had sex with a monkey. It is well known.
As it has been explained in a post above there is SIV and HIV. The two are similar in some respects but they are not the same viruses.
What kind of class did you attend that says a "homosexual" had sex with a monkey? What proof is there that a "homosexual" had sex with a animal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies