U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 11:07 AM

21,268 posts, read 19,248,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
The Northern Countries can do whatever they want. If they want to unite with other northern nations and share a currency they will do it. The north will leave the Eurozone once greece, italy , spain and portugal defaults on their debt. Than the Euro is done. The only thing the south has going for it is speculative real estate and tourism. They would be smart not to abandon those revenue streams.

As far as the south being the soul of Europe it is utter nonsense. Thats a subjective opinion on your part.
Quite to the contrary. Tourism is like a prison, it keeps countries from relying only on themselves. Tourism should never be more than an optional source of income that is not required, but welcome if present.

Europe is based on Egyptian, Greek, and Roman culture, Germanic stuff is Scandinavian more than European. There is a deep cultural rift throughout Europe and I strongly hope the south goes its own way. The German way is definitely not the way to go.

Nor will Germany's boom last, by 2020 it will have fallen considerably on all important rankings. Hochmut kommt vor dem Fall, as they say...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 12:56 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,419,608 times
It's Official: German Economy Minister Demands Surrender Of Greek Budget Policy, Says It Is First Of Many Such Sovereign "Requests" | ZeroHedge

German economy minister demands greeks surrender budget policy to Germany, states other countries to follow-- taking over countries without firing a shot

Old 01-29-2012, 01:07 PM

1,949 posts, read 1,205,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Quite to the contrary. Tourism is like a prison, it keeps countries from relying only on themselves. Tourism should never be more than an optional source of income that is not required, but welcome if present.

Europe is based on Egyptian, Greek, and Roman culture, Germanic stuff is Scandinavian more than European. There is a deep cultural rift throughout Europe and I strongly hope the south goes its own way. The German way is definitely not the way to go.

Nor will Germany's boom last, by 2020 it will have fallen considerably on all important rankings. Hochmut kommt vor dem Fall, as they say...
Of course Germanys boom will last. Why wouldn't it? Great work ethic, smart workforce. The south on the contrary will fall very deep. Once they can't leach off of the North anymore they will have to figure out how to be successful in this world. Its going to be a a hard awakening. The rest of Europe will have to become more german or it will fail. If Germany would pull out of the Euro, the Eurozone is done. Who is going to pay for the ESM? France, Spain, Italy, Greece? HA, HA!!! What a Joke!!!!

But on a other note. You Neuling seem to be German. Why are you so self-loathing? You come from a great country with a rich history.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:10 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,376,949 times
Germany taking over Greece's finances will give new meaning to the term "austerity".

Old 01-29-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Germany taking over Greece's finances will give new meaning to the term "austerity".
Ha, Ha . The same is going to happen with Portugal, Spain and Italy. Germany is going to take them all. Its the 21st century version of "Blitzkrieg".

Old 01-29-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Of course Germanys boom will last. Why wouldn't it? Great work ethic, smart workforce. The south on the contrary will fall very deep. Once they can't leach off of the North anymore they will have to figure out how to be successful in this world. Its going to be a a hard awakening. The rest of Europe will have to become more german or it will fail. If Germany would pull out of the Euro, the Eurozone is done. Who is going to pay for the ESM? France, Spain, Italy, Greece? HA, HA!!! What a Joke!!!!

But on a other note. You Neuling seem to be German. Why are you so self-loathing? You come from a great country with a rich history.
Great work ethos?! A significant percentage of German employees have mentally quit already.

The big advantage of the South is that when the **** hits the fan and there is no more capital, they can go back to subsistence economies thanks to the climate.

I just don't like the Germany way, people down here are so different, in a positive way. And they are also different from the Greeks.

Well, I will leave Europe anyway, I hate the EU and all the regulations and crap that come with it.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Great work ethos?! A significant percentage of German employees have mentally quit already.

The big advantage of the South is that when the **** hits the fan and there is no more capital, they can go back to subsistence economies thanks to the climate.

I just don't like the Germany way, people down here are so different, in a positive way. And they are also different from the Greeks.

Well, I will leave Europe anyway, I hate the EU and all the regulations and crap that come with it.
Really? Germans have quit??? You have anything to back up your claim? That's why they have the 4th highest econmic output in the world? Talking about quitting, i bet the rate of quitting in the South must be triple that of Germany. Hack, everytime they show a report of Greece they are either rioting or on a strike. LOL.
So why do you hate your heritage so much? Are you a self-hating German?
What has Germany every done to you?

Old 01-29-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Really? Germans have quit??? You have anything to back up your claim? That's why they have the 4th highest econmic output in the world? Talking about quitting, i bet the rate of quitting in the South must be triple that of Germany. Hack, everytime they show a report of Greece they are either rioting or on a strike. LOL.
So why do you hate your heritage so much? Are you a self-hating German?
What has Germany every done to you?
It's called innere Kündigung, there doesn't seem to be an English translation, bit it means to mentally quit one's job because one doesn't identify with the company and the job one does for it. Basically one goes to work just for the money, hoping the day will be over as fast as possible. Studies say that applies to 1 in 5 or even 1 in 4 German employees and causes billions in damages.
http://www.ipa-consulting.de/news/ga...ere-kuendigung
I guess it is no coincidence that many qualified Germans leave Germany despite hundreds of thousands of job vacancies there.

This thread is not about me. Anyway, I don't hate myself, to the contrary I really like myself, but that has nothing to do with an entry in my passport. I am probably the least patriotic person you can imagine. I knew early on I would not stay in Germany, and I acted accordingly. I just never felt at home there although I was born and raised there, Germany has always been alien to me.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
It's called innere Kündigung, there doesn't seem to be an English translation, bit it means to mentally quit one's job because one doesn't identify with the company and the job one does for it. Basically one goes to work just for the money, hoping the day will be over as fast as possible. Studies say that applies to 1 in 5 or even 1 in 4 German employees and causes billions in damages.
Gallup Studie
I guess it is no coincidence that many qualified Germans leave Germany despite hundreds of thousands of job vacancies there.

This thread is not about me. Anyway, I don't hate myself, to the contrary I really like myself, but that has nothing to do with an entry in my passport. I am probably the least patriotic person you can imagine. I knew early on I would not stay in Germany, and I acted accordingly. I just never felt at home there although I was born and raised there, Germany has always been alien to me.
So? 25% of americans probably have mentally quit their job as well. I think that happens in all industrial countries. My german friend just said after I showed him this thread, that you are probably a german 68er. He said they are kind of like american hippies. He said they are usually self-hating germans, that hate their home to be successful. So they trash their country every chance they get. He also said its good that those people are in their 50's now and in 30 to 40 years they will be dead. He said they are the leftovers from the guilt over nazi germany.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:34 PM

7,678 posts, read 8,468,464 times
European Union = Hitler's dream come true a half a century later.

I highly advise that any European nation that wishes to retain it's sovereignty immediately pull out of the EU.

I hope to God that the National Front wins the upcoming French presidential elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies