U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2012, 11:40 PM

5,113 posts, read 4,927,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
How do you know?

According to you, a "chemtrail" is a persistent contrail, correct?

How can you tell whether or not that contrail is going to persist? In that photo, you're seeing less than a second's worth of trail behind the jet.

Please explain how you can definitively state that the photo above is of a "chemtrail," and not a normal contrail.
So, did you here about this from a few weeks ago?
Las Vegas Weather Modification - Chemtrails 2012

Las Vegas Weather Modification - Chemtrails 2012 - YouTube

Old 02-17-2012, 11:41 PM

1,262 posts, read 1,859,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
The stupid people are the ones who refuse to believe their own eyes ....
I'm afraid the reverse is true. The intelligent people are the ones who do not automatically believe everything they see or hear; the ones who examine concepts and occurrences using a thinking, evidence-based approach, based on rational, scientific principles.

What sounds more stupid? Taking everything at face value, basing one's beliefs on conjecture, hearsay, and highly subjective accounts by untrained laymen, or basing one's beliefs on physical principles we know to be true, with information collected and tested by trained professionals, knowledgeable in their respective fields, following a line of scientific reasoning free from logical fallacies?

I know what my answer is.

Also, that video is a perfect example of the meteorological phenomenon known as "contrails". Other than that, I am not sure exactly what it is supposed to be showing.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:48 PM

Here is more of that Vegas video. Notice all the chemtrails and how they sky's start turning real hazy. BTW, that pulsing was caused by the HAARP system.
Las Vegas Chemtrails, 2012

Las Vegas Chemtrails, 2012 - YouTube

Old 02-17-2012, 11:50 PM

LOL, you can't possibly serious. The pulsing was caused by a consumer-grade digicam not being able to decide on an acceptable exposure range. You can see it begin to happen when he turns the camera ever-so-slightly to the left. The light sensor can't decide whether to expose for the sun, or for the foreground. I've seen it happen before with some of the lower-end early model digicams I've owned.

There is no way modulate the light coming from the sun in such a large-scale manner.

Last edited by Lunar Delta; 02-18-2012 at 12:02 AM..

Old 02-17-2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
I'm afraid the reverse is true. The intelligent people are the ones who do not automatically believe everything they see or hear; the ones who examine concepts and occurrences using a thinking, evidence-based approach, based on rational, scientific principles.

What sounds more stupid? Taking everything at face value, basing one's beliefs on conjecture, hearsay, and highly subjective accounts by untrained laymen, or basing one's beliefs on physical principles we know to be true, with information collected and tested by trained professionals, knowledgeable in their respective fields, following a line of scientific reasoning free from logical fallacies?

I know what my answer is.

Also, that video is a perfect example of the meteorological phenomenon known as "contrails". Other than that, I am not sure exactly what it is supposed to be showing.
You obviously don't realize that many scientist in meteorology are part of the groups trying to make people aware and stop the government programs. This is global.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:01 AM

You can find scientists with no scruples or credibility to support almost any position. What matters is the consensus of the scientific community in general. This is the kind of information that makes it into proper, peer-reviewed journals and similar publications.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:02 AM

8,309 posts, read 9,735,626 times
Science, how does it work?

Old 02-18-2012, 12:10 AM

15,202 posts, read 18,180,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Here, the Discovery channel even did a segment on chemtrails

Discovery investigates chemtrails
Did you actually watch that? If so, why did you post it?

ALL of the science and EVERY person with a scientific background in that show basically said that you're wrong.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
LOL, you can't possibly serious. The pulsing was caused by a consumer-grade digicam not being able to decide on an acceptable exposure range. You can see it begin to happen when he turns the camera ever-so-slightly to the left. The sensor can't decide whether to expose for the sun, or for the foreground, and that causes the aperture to begin opening and closing in a loop. I've seen it happen before with some of the lower-end early model digicams I've owned.

There is no way modulate the light coming from the sun in such a large-scale manner.
A Miracle of the Sun blinking, pulsing & changing color

A Miracle of the Sun blinking, pulsing & changing color - YouTube

Old 02-18-2012, 12:12 AM

15,202 posts, read 18,180,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Yes, that is subjective, but it's no less valid.
I think 'anecdotal' is the word you were looking for, and yes, it's completely invalid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies