U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2012, 06:22 PM

15,202 posts, read 18,261,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Ok, give me a Las Vegas air temperature you feel conformable with when it would be just too warm at 30,000 for contrails to form. You don't like 70F so I will give you another 10 degrees and say 80F. How about another 10 degrees and say 90F. Hell, I feel generous today I will give you 100F ground air temp which is 30F above what I calculated. By my calculations the air temperature at 100F or 37.78C would work out to -22.22C at 30,000 feet ... almost 20C above the -40C that's required for contrails to form.

One more time - a temperature of -40 is NOT required for a contrail to form. Period. YOU'RE WRONG. Do you want to see just how wrong you are?

Calculations of Aircraft Contrail Formation Critical Temperatures
Quote:
To derive the critical temperatures for contrail formation, one must first determine the tangent point of the saturation vapor pressure curve (with respect to water) and a line with a slope equal to the contrail factor, converted to units of vapor pressure per degree (see Fig. 1). At this point, the first derivative of the saturation curve is equal to the slope of the path along which an aircraft wake parcel returns to ambient conditions for the warmest possible condition of contrail formation:

where esat(T) (mb) is the saturation vapor pressure with respect to water, CF(g kg−1 K−1) is the contrail factor, and p (mb) is the atmospheric pressure. The temperature that satisfies Eq. (1) is the critical temperature at an ambient relative humidity of 100%, Tc,100. The next step is to find the critical temperature at any relative humidity Tc,RH.

The equation for the line of critical temperatures can be defined since a point on the line (Tc,100) and its slope, which is equivalent to the engine contrail factor (in units of vapor pressure per degree), are known. The equation for this line is

Using Eq. (2) in an approximate equation for relative humidity (valid for esat p),

yields the expression

This equation can be solved iteratively to find the critical temperature for any relative humidity Tc,RH and any pressure level.
So you see, Don, determining the temperature at which a contrail can form is just a little more complicated than "-40C or less."

Old 02-19-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
No, not really. I never said what my profession is.
No, you didn't. Clearly, it's not anything having to do with science or aviation.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:26 PM

5,113 posts, read 4,956,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

One more time - a temperature of -40 is NOT required for a contrail to form. Period. YOU'RE WRONG. Do you want to see just how wrong you are?

Calculations of Aircraft Contrail Formation Critical Temperatures

So you see, Don, determining the temperature at which a contrail can form is just a little more complicated than "-40C or less."
LOL

Old 02-19-2012, 06:27 PM

15,924 posts, read 17,423,331 times
Quote:
Disingenuous means you are not interested in the effort here to discuss and collaborate in the subject matter. We have answered your questions but you don't consider or honestly argue the content, you just throw it aside and continue your quest to sidetrack true discussion. You just want us to stop discussing the subject and you try anything you can to accomplish that goal. This is typical Troll actions.

As far as getting traction on the subject and the truth I think we are progressing well despite you and swagger's attempts to derail the thread. I think we have presented some very good evidence and theories. I'm more convinced now that geo-engineering is real, the alleged contrails are chemtrails ... and the world governments are operating this secret covert program.
All you want is a bunch of bobbing heads to pat you on the head and say "gee don, you are absolutely 100% correct"

I love the way you describe yourself as "we"

So when are we getting our trip on a chemical spraying aircraft?

With so many facts you have posted to be proved wrong you still want to continue this farce?

I'm up for it.

Calling me a troll over and over, I'm so proud of your labeling don9.... I appreciate it

Old 02-19-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
... and the world governments are operating this secret covert program.
Which ones? What governments are involved?

Old 02-19-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
All you want is a bunch of bobbing heads to pat you on the head and say "gee don, you are absolutely 100% correct"

I love the way you describe yourself as "we"

So when are we getting our trip on a chemical spraying aircraft?

With so many facts you have posted to be proved wrong you still want to continue this farce?

I'm up for it.
You have not sent me your information ...

Old 02-19-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
LOL
LOL? That's it? So are you sticking with your "40 or less" nonsense?

Old 02-19-2012, 06:31 PM

15,924 posts, read 17,423,331 times
Quote:
He was asked that a few hundred posts ago and never gave an answer then, what makes you think he's going to give one now?

Old 02-19-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Any government that knowingly allows chemtrails in their airspace ... But the central government is the UN.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
You have not sent me your information ...
You claimed you could deliver a ride in a chemtrail plane. Nobody's giving up their anonymity for nothing, Don. Prove you can deliver, and I'm sure you'll have a line of people out the door willing to let you bg check them for a ride...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies