U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-20-2012, 08:26 AM
 
Location: Tyler, TX
15,202 posts, read 18,275,225 times
Reputation: 8032

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
From the Department of Energy

ATMOSPHERIC SCIENCE PROGRAM
Oh boy.

You saw the words "aerosol," "climate" and "radiation measurement" on a government web page and thought, "A-HA! The smoking gun!" Am I right, or am I right?

For you, Don, all hope may be lost, I'm afraid.

If you have any interest in maintaining even the slightest amount of your sanity, you'll look into what the term "aerosol" actually means. I know you think it's something that's sprayed, but that's just how the average consumer applies the term. Go find out how scientists use the term, and what it actually means.

 
Old 02-20-2012, 08:39 AM
 
Location: Tyler, TX
15,202 posts, read 18,275,225 times
Reputation: 8032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
More good information on Chemtrails

ChemTrails-What They Were Hiding
The only "good information on Chemtrails" is that they're a fantasy dreamed up by simple minds who can't comprehend simple scientific principles and need to believe that they're special or important, which they accomplish by thinking that they know that something dastardly is being perpetrated on a global scale. With this false truth in mind, they can then "spread the word," thereby making themselves feel as though they're the only people who can "save the world."

Oh, and the photo you posted is of a nozzle used to spray water so that a plane following it can test its de-icing equipment. It's NOT a "chemtrail" sprayer or whatever.
 
Old 02-20-2012, 09:08 AM
 
Location: Tyler, TX
15,202 posts, read 18,275,225 times
Reputation: 8032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
More good information on Chemtrails

ChemTrails-What They Were Hiding
You're contradicting yourself, Don.

You've said repeatedly that you think they're "spraying chemtrails" as a form of weather modification. You've been exceedingly clear about that.

Above, you said that the site has "more good information" about chemtrails.

Well, according to that site, the reason they're "spraying" has nothing to do with weather. The author says that they create chemtrails "in an attempt to protect micro-circuitry and semiconductors -- primarily involved with avionics -- from atmospheric and solar radiation that causes them to fail."

I won't get into the awesome display of stupidity he's giving us with that statement. But what am I supposed to believe now? You say they're for weather modification. You give me a link and say there's good information there. I look at it and it says they're for something completely unrelated to weather.

You're confusing, Don. I think you're confused, too, but that aside, you just can't keep your story straight. Pick a villain and stick with it, ok?
 
Old 02-20-2012, 09:57 AM
 
5,113 posts, read 4,960,773 times
Reputation: 1732
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Oh boy.

You saw the words "aerosol," "climate" and "radiation measurement" on a government web page and thought, "A-HA! The smoking gun!" Am I right, or am I right?

For you, Don, all hope may be lost, I'm afraid.

If you have any interest in maintaining even the slightest amount of your sanity, you'll look into what the term "aerosol" actually means. I know you think it's something that's sprayed, but that's just how the average consumer applies the term. Go find out how scientists use the term, and what it actually means.
I didn't say this page referred to chemtrails when they used the word aerosol ... did I...
I know what they were referring to.
I posted this site in resonse to your buddy's request that wanted prood the government has stated they support geoengineering.
 
Old 02-20-2012, 10:23 AM
 
Location: Tyler, TX
15,202 posts, read 18,275,225 times
Reputation: 8032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
I didn't say this page referred to chemtrails when they used the word aerosol ... did I...
I know what they were referring to.
I posted this site in resonse to your buddy's request that wanted prood the government has stated they support geoengineering.
If you're posting it in response to something, then you should quote what you're responding to.

You posted the link as a stand-alone statement. "From the Department of Energy," and a link. Nowhere did you mention that it was a response to anything. Nowhere did you say that the reason you were posting was off-topic. I can only go on what you post, and your previous posting history. I stand by my analysis.

And just for reference, I only have one "buddy" on this forum. Well, two if you count my girlfriend. You accused my "buddy" of being part of the conspiracy in post #14 of this thread, which I have to say, just may have been the single most hilarious post to date.
 
Old 02-20-2012, 11:03 AM
 
5,113 posts, read 4,960,773 times
Reputation: 1732
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
If you're posting it in response to something, then you should quote what you're responding to.

You posted the link as a stand-alone statement. "From the Department of Energy," and a link. Nowhere did you mention that it was a response to anything. Nowhere did you say that the reason you were posting was off-topic. I can only go on what you post, and your previous posting history. I stand by my analysis.

And just for reference, I only have one "buddy" on this forum. Well, two if you count my girlfriend. You accused my "buddy" of being part of the conspiracy in post #14 of this thread, which I have to say, just may have been the single most hilarious post to date.
Quit whining like a little girl ... You cant tell someone how they must post. Why dont you put on your big boy pants and discuss the subject matter like an adult.
 
Old 02-20-2012, 12:04 PM
 
Location: Tyler, TX
15,202 posts, read 18,275,225 times
Reputation: 8032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Quit whining like a little girl ... You cant tell someone how they must post. Why dont you put on your big boy pants and discuss the subject matter like an adult.
Whining?

As for "discussing the subject matter like an adult," it's YOU that keep going off-topic. It's YOU that's acting childish and putting people down. It's YOU that are responding to posts without quoting them, thereby injecting confusion into the discussion. It's YOU that refuse to address evidence that directly contradicts your position. It's YOU that has explicitly stated, multiple times, that you refuse to answer any questions from two people whom you've decided you don't like. It's YOU that are posting information that directly contradicts your stated position. It's YOU who is accusing people of being a part of the conspiracy you claim exists.

I'd be more than happy to discuss the subject like an adult, Don, but it takes two to tango. As soon as you're willing to do that, let me know. I'll be here.
 
Old 02-20-2012, 01:13 PM
 
15,924 posts, read 17,436,200 times
Reputation: 7641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
From the Department of Energy

ATMOSPHERIC SCIENCE PROGRAM
Hmmm, last updated on Jan 01 2010...

I think this is one of the government programs that got axed.
 
Old 02-20-2012, 01:25 PM
 
15,924 posts, read 17,436,200 times
Reputation: 7641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Quit whining like a little girl ... You cant tell someone how they must post. Why dont you put on your big boy pants and discuss the subject matter like an adult.
And just how is that don9?

You refuse to read ANYTHING posted by others that disagrees in any way shape or form with what you believe.

Is that the ADULT WAY don9?

Is constantly changing what you attribute to chemtrails an ADULT thing don9?

Is it the ADULT way don9 not to answer queries from other people?

Is it the ADULT thing to do don9 to constantly make innuendo's that cannot be proved?

Is it an ADULT thing to say quit whining like a little girl and put on your big boy pants don9?
 
Old 02-20-2012, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Hillsboro, OR
2,200 posts, read 3,796,165 times
Reputation: 1366
Oh look, more facepalms to go around.

People who believe in so-called "chemtrails" are the bane of my profession (meteorologist). You can explain to them time and time again that what they are really seeing is very moist, nearly saturated air that was disturbed by the plane enough to make it condense... but they'll continually to believe the nonsense they spew. Facts be damned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top