U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 04:43 PM

62,672 posts, read 34,157,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
How many failed companies did George Bush fund ?
Quite a few. GM, for one. He poured billions into it, and it still went bankrupt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 04:44 PM

10,032 posts, read 7,107,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Quite a few. GM, for one. He poured billions into it, and it still went bankrupt.

GM is a green energy producing company? Interesting.....

Old 01-28-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
GM is a green energy producing company? Interesting.....
Green energy? Here is the question again. Take your time reading it: How many failed companies did George Bush fund ?

Or is blowing billions into failing companies significant only if they are green energy companies?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-28-2012 at 05:04 PM..

Old 01-28-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Green energy? Here is the question again. Take your time reading it: How many failed companies did George Bush fund ?

Here's the OP again:

Quote:
Why are Republicans so misinformed about Obama's green energy policies?

Please at least try to stay on topic.....

Old 01-28-2012, 04:49 PM

4,878 posts, read 3,955,342 times
It seems to me that most everyone , especially those in Washington, would rather argue than work. Certainly the democrats had their fair share of criticism of Bush 4 years ago, most of it unrealistic. Same with the Republican and Obama this year. Most of the republican complaints about Obama are grounded in myth and propoganda, not in facts.

What people who take an elected office fail to realize is that they are elected REPRESENTATIVES of the community. They should think of themselves as public servants, and not make every little issue into an opportunity for personal glorification and partisan politics.

Many of our elected officials act like spoiled children who need to be spanked. (of course I am otld that is cruel) I think if we took key democrat and republican troublemakers out back of the capitol building and gave them a good spanking like spoiled children need then we might see better results.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:54 PM

69,372 posts, read 55,371,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
This isn't about Solyndra. It is about government energy regulations and mandates. Like the push for hybrids, higher CAFE standards, etc.
Point being that Obama hasn't been any greener in agenda than Bush, he has actually just continued Bush/Republican policies.
Please list Bushs Solyndra. YOU are the one who started this thread saying they are similar, so list the similarities.

Government pushing for hybrids and CAFE standards under Bush and Obama arent even close to the same unless you can list the government funding of either under Bush.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Here's the OP again:

Please at least try to stay on topic.....
Question asked and answered. I am sorry you failed to understand the question.

OK, I'll give you one in green energy sector : Solyndra.

Oh, yes, it was a Republican lap dog, before Obama inherited it.

It’s often claimed that the Solyndra loan guarantee was “rushed through” by the Obama Administration for political reasons. In fact, the Solyndra loan guarantee was a multi-year process that the Bush Administration launched in 2007

Solyndra: Advanced by Bush for 2 Years (Solyndra Timeline) | CleanTechnica

Oh my, how embarrassing......

Old 01-28-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Question asked and answered. I am sorry you failed to understand the question.

OK, I'll give you one in green energy sector : Solyndra.

Oh, yes, it was a Republican lap dog, before Obama inherited it.

It’s often claimed that the Solyndra loan guarantee was “rushed through” by the Obama Administration for political reasons. In fact, the Solyndra loan guarantee was a multi-year process that the Bush Administration launched in 2007

Solyndra: Advanced by Bush for 2 Years (Solyndra Timeline) | CleanTechnica

Oh my, how embarrassing......

I'm sorry that in your desperation that you can't stay on topic. Embarrassing? For who? You and the other desperate Obama supporters? Exactly which administration signed off on this loan?

Bush Admin. Voted AGAINST Solyndra Loan - Solyndra - Fox Nation

Old 01-28-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry that in your desperation that you can't stay on topic. Embarrassing? For who? You and the other desperate Obama supporters? Exactly which administration signed off on this loan?

Bush Admin. Voted AGAINST Solyndra Loan - Solyndra - Fox Nation
Fox nation!! LOL

No, I am not an Obama supporter. I support Ron Paul.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:33 PM

69,372 posts, read 55,371,954 times
Quote:
Fox nation!! LOL
You can change the source of the news, but the result is the same, Bush voted AGAINST the loans
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/emails...4508865&page=2
GOP untouched by Solyndra | The Clarion-Ledger | clarionledger.com

Denying the source doesnt make you sound any more intelligent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies