U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 03:01 PM

4,541 posts, read 3,646,942 times

Advertisements

While I can understand loving a pet, this is a bit nuts!

Could another solution not have been...I don't know. MOVE!!!

Soap Star Nick Santino Takes Life Following Dog Euthanasia | Extra
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 03:14 PM

11,961 posts, read 12,814,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
While I can understand loving a pet, this is a bit nuts!

Could another solution not have been...I don't know. MOVE!!!

Soap Star Nick Santino Takes Life Following Dog Euthanasia | Extra
This isn't about love of an animal.

The dog incident wasn't explained very well. I have no idea why there was a need to put the animal down, but apparently there was some confusion in his mind that made him doubt his decision was wise. I do know this mans problems were a pre existing condition and this incident became a pretext. I'm sad that he didn't pursue whatever options there were for the animal so that his decision would be certain. I'm especially sad that he reach out for help for himself. Caregivers in need of help themselves do eventually wind up failing the care of others. Sounds similar to his childhood, doesn't it?

Old 01-28-2012, 03:18 PM

The story indicates that his condo bldg established a "no pitbull" rule that didn't apply to current owners. It seems he was still harassed and he chose to euthanize his dog as a result. He then felt so much guilt that he committed suicide.

Seems a bit extreme and not well thought out on many levels.

#1-Why not move?
#2-Why not give the dog to someone temporarily?

This seems to speak to the irresponsibility and weird mental state of some pitbull owners.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:23 PM

3,083 posts, read 3,418,280 times
Quote:

This seems to speak to the irresponsibility and weird mental state of some pitbull owners.
This speaks to the lack of stability of one individual. It's a real stretch to attempt to use it as an indictment of a group.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:25 PM

31,385 posts, read 32,023,420 times
The death of the dog wasn't the reason for the suicide. It was just the trigger.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The death of the dog wasn't the reason for the suicide. It was just the trigger.
Yes, but if he loved his "best friend" so much, why the heck didn't he move or try to rehome it?

Old 01-28-2012, 03:30 PM

30,528 posts, read 33,343,692 times
Quote:
Yes, but if he loved his "best friend" so much, why the heck didn't he move or try to rehome it?
He probably wasn't in his right mind.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
This speaks to the lack of stability of one individual. It's a real stretch to attempt to use it as an indictment of a group.
I said "some". And I know some pitbull owners who are irresponsible and unable to cope with criticism of their beloved pets. Still don't get why this guy chose the path he did either with the euthanasia or his suicide.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:36 PM

3,083 posts, read 3,418,280 times
Quote:
I said "some". And I know some pitbull owners who are irresponsible and unable to cope with criticism of their beloved pets. Still don't get why this guy chose the path he did either with the euthanasia or his suicide.
I'd suggest associating his actions with those of some pitbull owners is no more accurate than associating them with the actions of individuals that occasionally wear jeans with a white T shirt or those of his fellow actors. His actions were his alone and are in no way reflective of any group.

I agree that relocating would have been preferable to the course of events he chose. It's a shame 2 lives were lost as a result of his (individual) mental and emotional instability.

Last edited by outbacknv; 01-28-2012 at 03:58 PM..

Old 01-28-2012, 03:51 PM

8,287 posts, read 11,808,293 times
It's obvious that putting "down" his dog wasn't the reason for his suicide. It's clear that he had underlying mental issues to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies