Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2012, 02:52 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
And it's prohibition is just down right silly. Just because "it's the law and by golly the law is the law" acording to the anti-pot people, it doesn't mean it's a just law.
The law was pushed mainly to protect the DuPont families precious chemical business, specifically nylon. Hemp fibers are a direct competitor and they hate competition.

This is one of the biggest corporate/government joint scams in history.

I agree with rant that marijuana is illegal because of:
Racism
Fear
Protection of Corporate Profits
Yellow Journalism
Ignorant, Incompetent, and/or Corrupt Legislators
Personal Career Advancement and Greed

http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/...juana-illegal/

And if anyone buys into the gateway gig, they are helping these losers perpetuate a lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 03:03 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The law was pushed mainly to protect the DuPont families precious chemical business, specifically nylon. Hemp fibers are a direct competitor and they hate competition.

This is one of the biggest corporate/government joint scams in history.

I agree with rant that marijuana is illegal because of:
Racism
Fear
Protection of Corporate Profits
Yellow Journalism
Ignorant, Incompetent, and/or Corrupt Legislators
Personal Career Advancement and Greed

Why is Marijuana Illegal? « Drug WarRant

And if anyone buys into the gateway gig, they are helping these losers perpetuate a lie.

I'm aware of Dupont's roll in it's prohibition! I say too f***n' bad! Competition is a good thing.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:55 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
I think by 2020 marijuana will be legal. I guess we will have to wait and see to find out if I'm right.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:43 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
I think by 2020 marijuana will be legal. I guess we will have to wait and see to find out if I'm right.
Doubtful.

It is going to have to take a 70% majority in favor of legalization before politicians will do anything.

Its taken over 40 years to get over 50% of Americans to that line of thinking. And the opposition is never tiring in trying to keep their prohibition.

People who are for the prohibition of marijuana believe in government propaganda.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:24 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Even if it's not legal it will another one of those "on the books" laws that are only enforced when the cops can't get anything else on someone. Or when it suits them. And that's the trouble and why it should be legalized..

Old 01-30-2012, 06:01 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worrywart23 View Post
lol Shepherds I have been reading all these replies didn't know I would get so many hits and replies as well as views on this! I love that this discussion is getting so much attention i think this is def a good discussion at that.. so here is my own personal opinion folks..

I personally have never done any illegal drugs and never smoked MJ and I don't ever want to lol I am so intolerant of drugs and prescriptions that when I am in serious pain I still hesitate over taking tylenol.. taking one tylenol makes me drowsy taking two within hour ill see ya the next morning..

I don't have anything negative to say about those who do it just that drugs and pot have truly destroyed a lot of my family relationships but i am getting through it..

Thanks
Worrywart
Unfortunately, for some family's it doesn't take much, then you add in other stuff it gets worse. I have to say, for my family the ones that smoke pot, no trouble, the one's that drink, get the H*LL away from me!!

Wish you luck!! For some, the drugs or alcohol is more important than any family member.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:41 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,015 times
If marijuana is a gateway drug then what's alcohol?

Old 01-30-2012, 10:40 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
If marijuana is a gateway drug then what's alcohol?
Road to destruction. Most drinkers I know, don't know their limit, before they're a azzh*le.

Go to the Alaska forum, 4 people shot, alcohol related.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:46 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Doubtful.

It is going to have to take a 70% majority in favor of legalization before politicians will do anything.

Its taken over 40 years to get over 50% of Americans to that line of thinking. And the opposition is never tiring in trying to keep their prohibition.

People who are for the prohibition of marijuana believe in government propaganda.
We will have to wait and see. Some old voters will die off in the next 8-10 years

Old 01-31-2012, 04:14 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
We will have to wait and see. Some old voters will die off in the next 8-10 years
Exactly. And while a lot of them have raised kids who are raising kids (etc.) to think and believe the same way, generations tend to have different perspectives on matters such as this. Apples may not fall far from the tree. But once the tree's done with the apple, the harvester comes along and moves it quite far away indeed... to keep it from turning rotten...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies