Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 07:59 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,303,260 times

Advertisements

Not to mention the deal was closed by Obama and his croonies only after he used them as one of his energy bombs.

Then to find out Solyndra leaders gave tons of money to Obamas campaign.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:59 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
The fact is you stated in the title of your thread that Bush funded it.... This is false... Get your own story straight....
I would consider changing the title to say "The deal to fund Solyndra was authored by Bush, before Obama took office", but unfortunatelly I cannot edit the title. The facts, and the timeline about the actual events and GOP involvement has been repeated to no end on this thread, so by now everyone should know what happened. Bush, and GOP are neck deep in the deal, yet they pretend it is all on Obama. I opened the thread to bring it to the open, and it has succeded in doing that.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:06 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,933,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I would consider changing the title to say "The deal to fund Solyndra was authored by Bush, before Obama took office", but unfortunatelly I cannot edit the title. The facts, and the timeline about the actual events and GOP involvement has been repeated to no end on this thread, so by now everyone should know what happened. Bush, and GOP are neck deep in the deal, yet they pretend it is all on Obama. I opened the thread to bring it to the open, and it has succeded in doing that.
Nobody has denied that Bush initiated it. It was not funded because of Solyndras financial situation during the Bush administration. This is documented. Obama had the same information and decided to go through with funding Solyndra in spite of their track record financially. How can you sit there and place blame on the Bush administration without giving the Obama administration the same or even greater blame for this failure? THe entire thread as well as your arguements are misleading at the very least.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:10 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Yes, blaming the whole deal on Obama while pretending GOP had nothing to do with it is dishonest at best. The whole purpose of this thread is to inform people about the fact that GOP gave birth to the program which they are now using to critisize others.

The program was apparently administered in a responsible manner until Bummer came along.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
How can you sit there and place blame on the Bush administration without giving the Obama administration the same or even greater blame for this failure?
I can sit here and place blame on both. As an independent I am not obligated to defend either party.

That is very differnt from those who have spent several months placing blame only on Obama.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The program was apparently administered in a responsible manner until Bummer came along.
You mean tax-payer money was being distributed to corporations in a responsible manner. LOL GM got billions from Bush and it still went under. AIG got billions and we'll never see that money again. Hundreds of billions flew out to hundreds of companies, and many ended up being nationalized by the Bush admin. Responsible? I don't think so.

Don't you think you should be saying that the creation of such programs is nonsense in the first place

Old 01-28-2012, 08:55 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Are all left wingers this dishonest?
I think they are desperate - Solyndra and the other obama green slush fund disasters will play big time in the fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
But they went under, when?
Oh.....after obama gave them 1/2 BILLION dollars.

Quote:
It doesn't make any difference to me. I am just setting the record straight because people deserve to know the truth.
There is no truth to what you posted.

Quote:
The fact is that Bush worked two years to get government funding for Solyndra and the likes, and in the end he simply ran out of time to get it done. Or are you trying to say he worked two years on a project only so he could veto it? Come on now. His policy was same as Obama's which was to use tax payer money to support green energy.
No, the application was rejected, because unlike obama, who was only interested in paying back his billionaire bundler, Bush saw the risk was too great to waste taxpayer money on Solyndra.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Itake it you support government programs such as Bush's Loan Guarantee program, while I oppose them. That is the differnece between you and me.
See, the difference is the Bush admin was interested in companies that were worthwhile, that were stable financially and had a sound plan...obama...not so much.

No amount of your spin will mitigate the wonderful ads on obama's BILLION dollar green slush fund for his billionaire bundlers.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
I can sit here and place blame on both. As an independent I am not obligated to defend either party.

That is very differnt from those who have spent several months placing blame only on Obama.
You? An Independent?

Sorry, Solyndra and the rest of the green slush fund bankruptcies belong to obama....he even doubled down and told us he had no regrets.

We'll see if that holds true when the GOP/conservative groups start pummeling him with the ads.

Truly - one of the best thread fails I've seen in a long time. Thanks.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:25 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
You mean tax-payer money was being distributed to corporations in a responsible manner. LOL GM got billions from Bush and it still went under. AIG got billions and we'll never see that money again. Hundreds of billions flew out to hundreds of companies, and many ended up being nationalized by the Bush admin. Responsible? I don't think so.

Don't you think you should be saying that the creation of such programs is nonsense in the first place

Of course I agree that in a perfect world government would keep its nose out of such matters altogether.

Since they don't, I'll at least give the Bush DOE credit for saying no in 2009.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies